Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Store help..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I decided to clear everything off my car and start over with it all fresh. I made the mistake of using 3M`s SMR on a red Honda. I have seen other threads concerning a haze on dark Hondas and Acuras, but I hoped that the red would not have a problem. Wrong! I only did a small section because of the information here I knew enough to try it first. In searching the archives I did not find any information on what is a good remedy to the situation. Can anyone tell me what they have found to work for covering the scratches? If SMR doesn`t work for it, does anything? Thanks for the help, Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    about people using PPCL after SMR or FI2 to clear up the haze. I did the same thing you did on a portion of my red jetta`s trunk lid and followed up with AIO and had no problems with micro marring or hazing.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same experience with my black 850T,(not a honda and most likely different paint but the end result would be similar in appearance) after the SMR applications the paint looked brushed and hazy in the right light. I found that some of the SMR was being left behind but even being all removed that condition was still there. PPCL will remove the SMR residue if there as Wolfsburg suggested and leave a clearer finish, great product. The AIO after 2 apps in my case really made a difference and by a 3rd app of SG you can`t find that haze in any light. Use a foam applicator if you don`t already and remove with an MT. Try varying the amount of pressure on the foam pad and notice the results from that, good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also try doing a Dawn wash when you are finished. Otherwise Klasse should remove it with either one or two coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the ideas. I have used PPCL and it helped, but it still has that brushed haze look after several passes of PPCL with the PC. I Quess my best option may be to cover it over if poosible. Thanks, Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    If your using Klasee try applying a coat or two of it, as the cleaners in it seem to help tp remove the Haze from the SMR.

If you have time, do the Dawn wash first to begin the removal of the haze, and then apply your Klasse and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried both the Klasse and the Zaino products, and I am not really sure which I prefer. I like the Klasse look but I had such a hard time buffing it out, even with Meguires final inspection on the MT. I bought Pinancle`s Souveran and wanted to try it but now I have Zaino on it. I quess I should stop trying everything all the time and settle on one and really live with it and see how that works for me. Thanks for all the help, Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane,

Try using a damp MT instead of using Meguiars FI. Take your MT and run it under water and then wring it out really well. Now use that to wipe off the SG. You can also keep a spray bottle of water handy to keep the towel damp.

I find using a damp MT works much better than FI. The SG comes off with no buffing for elbow grease at all. Sometimes I put a thick layer of SG on (to help with beading) and I use this method to remove it, and it takes it off with minimal work.

Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the KSG work as well as Zaino for covering swirls? I like Klasse, but I worry about how well it hides swirls. I also like the idea of stripping the car clear every so often. Thanks, Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse does not hide swirls very well. For that matter, neither does Zaino. But I would give the nod to Z5 over KSG.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...well, I dont have personal experience with Klasse but Zaino z5 did a great job of hiding swirls COMPLETELY on both my friend`s black S4 and my mom`s black 3.2 TL

Post Thanks / Like

I Store help..

How can I make sure my contact list has been saved to my computer?!

BTW I have an HP. When I sync my phone it says that it automatically does this, but shouldn`t I have a list that I can check?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    How can I make sure my contact list has been saved to my computer?!

BTW I have an HP. When I sync my phone it says that it automatically does this, but shouldn`t I have a list that I can check?!
    If your backing up your I phone it saves it in I tunes .Not sure if you can see a list but it does back up everything on your phone.Within I tunes you can pick what you want backed up.Pictures,Music,Contacts.The way I Tunes works you can`t view your music and i think contacts unless you get a after market program that allows you to transfer your music and contacts from I tunes to another program or device.I will look inot the contacts thing for you.Just did some digging around take a look at your address book in Outlook Express or Outlook
    Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Adam. Today was not a good `iPhone` day for me. Yesterday I dropped by phone, cracking the screen (from about 18 inches up). Today I had scheduled to go to the `Genuis` bar to get it a problem with my Blue Tooth fixed, and they tell me that because of the cracked glass it is no longer under warrently. What good is a warrenty if an 18 inch fall voids it...

So they tell me to download the latest updates and that will fix the blue tooth problem. I spend 3 hours with somebody in Indo-China trying to figure out how to install the drivers on my computer to allow my phone to sync. Finally get it figured out only to find out the updated software didn`t help.

What sucks is I have had the Blue Tooth problem for a long time but fear they are going to refuse to help because of the cracked screen (from an 18 inch drop). Stupid iPhones...

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd...

I just have my Iphone sync my contacts on my computer to Microsoft Outlook. Makes it pretty simple. No other programs needed. There is an option in Itunes as to where you want your contacts to sync.

Let me know if you need more help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information