Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oops!

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried exotic, unusual, creative, or odd proceedures or materials? Z over Klasse? Emu oil on leather? Wax on top of Z? I know peanut butter is recommended for cleaning in certain cases.

Let us know your creative successes and failures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used olive oil instead of peanut oil and it seemed to work just as well as peanut.
    :getdown

01 ford ranger xlt

05 ktm 300 exc

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Koyaanisqatsi.

Anyone else want to share an experiment or unusual approach?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got tired of cleaning off the wax around the badge on my car, it was a pain, I tried using toothbrushes, cutips, and other stuff.

Here`s what I did:

I did not want to go badgeless, just be able to clean better. So, I removed the badges, went to wal mart purchased a 4x6 magnetic sheet with adhesive on one side. Then, I painstakenly cut the sheet to fit each letter/number for my badges and using the self stick adhesive, applied the magnets.

Then, to make sure the badges would stay on the car where I put them, I coated the side of the magnets that would touch the car with a very thin layer of silicone. After that dried, I put the badge on my car. The silicone evidently makes a slight suction between it and the car to make it stick. I have driven over 80mph through major storms, and they do not move, so I`m secure that it will not fall off.

Now, before I clean the car, I pop the badge off clean the car, then put it back on. I keep a piece of cardboard with a straight edge in my trunk to line the numbers/letters up.

One note, if you do this, do not tell your friends, or they will constantly mess with them, thinking that it is funny.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Brian 330Cic [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I got tired of cleaning off the wax around the badge on my car, it was a pain, I tried using toothbrushes, cutips, and other stuff.

Here`s what I did:

I did not want to go badgeless, just be able to clean better. So, I removed the badges, went to wal mart purchased a 4x6 magnetic sheet with adhesive on one side. Then, I painstakenly cut the sheet to fit each letter/number for my badges and using the self stick adhesive, applied the magnets.

Then, to make sure the badges would stay on the car where I put them, I coated the side of the magnets that would touch the car with a very thin layer of silicone. After that dried, I put the badge on my car. Brian [/b]</blockquote>
    Whoa! You really are creative, industrious, and perhaps obsessive -- may be the right credentials for becoming a gold level Autopian!

I`m usually out of steam and/or time to make it to your level of detail, so I have to stick with Zaino Z6 QD and QTips as needed.

Carry On!
    -D-

PS A favorite detailing innovation is a therapeutic bottle of Corona to lubricate the laryngeal passages and ease the aches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Murphy`s oil soap in the spray bottle works great on vinyl. Really, it cleans it thoroughly. You can see the dirt on your rag. Also when you are done it leaves a nice sheen to the vinyl.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by darbh [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Has anyone tried exotic, unusual, creative, or odd proceedures or materials? [/b]</blockquote>
    hey darbh, how about erotic j/k took of my shirt once to clean the windows, any ladies on the forum try it?

welcome newbie, that`s cool about the badges. I`m going to do the same to my car and we can switch every now and then. You can also have it change from week to week or make some magnetic changable poetry right on your car
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    If I may ask, what do you use peanut butter for in detailing your car? Wax residue on rubber trim?

Gerald

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to have to try that the Murphy`s Oil Soap. I will let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Gerald [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>If I may ask, what do you use peanut butter for in detailing your car? Wax residue on rubber trim?

Gerald [/b]</blockquote>Yep. I haven`t had the need to try it myself, but there are several threads in the archives that recommend it for just that purpose.

Creamy, not chunky . . .

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian 330Cic a true Autopian manuever! I concur with KCDoug.

YoSteve, if your post means what I think it means, you have to go stand in the corner

I know that there are additional odd or creative ideas or experiments that we have tried. Care to share?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    aw, man, I hate time-out`s. well, okay......

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad B. has used the magnet on the badges trick for some time now. He`s lucky I don`t live in St. Louis or I`d be playing pranks with him and his badges all the time. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops!

I`m doing a Black Escalade today (and tomorrow) and had just filled my little 4 oz. squirt bottle with M105. I absentmindely placed it on top of a rear tire and totally forgot about it and went to back the truck out of the garage when I hear this "pooffft"! Remember how you used to step on a ketchup pack when you were a kid? That thing shot everywhere and I kissed about $4 worth of polish bye bye.

Oh well, poop happens! The problem is I`m getting low on M105 and couldn`t afford to lose 4 ounces of it. It`s kind of funny because I never do that. I love my little 4 ounce bottles and throw them in my cargo shorts pockets. Just thought I`d share this little detailing mishap with you guys.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you need more M105 Paul, Call me.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information