Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve just finished our new home and have temporarily put up our old system....

36" JVC I`Art Flat Tube
    I paid 1200.00 for this beast in 2001. I swear it weighs 300 lbs. My brother swore that he would never help move it again!

It is being replace by this on Christmas morning.....

Vizio 55" Class 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV, VF550M

http://www.walmart.com/Vizio-55-Class/ip/10993799

and a Sony PS3 bundle that we got on Black Friday.

My surround is a Yamaha system....home theater in a box.....that is simply awesome. I heard it compared to several that were tons pricier and picked this one. The sub is a 6.5" but simply rocks.

The old modular center will be gone and the LCD will go right onto the wall. We ran all our wiring before the dry wall came in for a cleaner look.

Here`s some camera phone pics of the front and rear stage....

The speakers will be going up as soon as my brother finishes the wood mounting plates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513 View Post
    I`ve just finished our new home and have temporarily put up our old system....

36" JVC I`Art Flat Tube
    I paid 1200.00 for this beast in 2001. I swear it weighs 300 lbs. My brother swore that he would never help move it again!
    Hey Justin... Very nice system!

I bought a 36" Toshiba (Semi-Flat Tube), back in the mid `90`s... Yep, another 300-POUNDER!!!! It`s down in the "Game Room" now and it ain`t movin`!!!

Congrats on your Christmas present!:thumbup:

(Isn`t it amazing that a 36" tv that`s 10 years old weighs FOUR TIMES as much as a brand new 65" LCD?):w00t:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Hey Justin... Very nice system!

I bought a 36" Toshiba (Semi-Flat Tube), back in the mid `90`s... Yep, another 300-POUNDER!!!! It`s down in the "Game Room" now and it ain`t movin`!!!

Congrats on your Christmas present!:thumbup:

(Isn`t it amazing that a 36" tv that`s 10 years old weighs FOUR TIMES as much as a brand new 65" LCD?):w00t:
    The thing is, this JVC is a trooper. It has ran pretty much 24/7 over the last 6 years! My smaller kids fall asleep in the living room, and then it just gets left on when we take them off to bed. Hasn`t cost me a cent or been out once since I`ve had it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill and Justin...

I have an old 36 inch Mitsubishi that is still going strong after at least 15 years. The thing easily weighs 300 lbs. It is in my master bedroom in a cabinet. It`s not high def but it gets the job done

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Bill and Justin...

I have an old 36 inch Mitsubishi that is still going strong after at least 15 years. The thing easily weighs 300 lbs. It is in my master bedroom in a cabinet. It`s not high def but it gets the job done
    Yeah, those 36" tube sets were very popular about 15 years ago. Our Toshiba is going strong strong as well. Perfect picture! Built to last....:biggrin:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    WHOA. That`s what I`m talkin` about!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Heh, needless to say, I spend a LOT of time in there! Not just movies (I`m definitely a movie buff) but there is nothing like watching sports in HD on a 123" screen!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Heh, needless to say, I spend a LOT of time in there! Not just movies (I`m definitely a movie buff) but there is nothing like watching sports in HD on a 123" screen!
    True! How much better is Blu-Ray than DVD? How noticible is the difference?
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    True! How much better is Blu-Ray than DVD? How noticible is the difference?
    On a screen this size, Blu-ray makes a huge difference. I`ve got so used to watching Blu-ray, that it is very difficult to go back to watching regular DVD`s now, so I seldom do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is mine from the previous house we just moved out of (RIP! ).

The wife let me turn a bedroom into a "theater room". It was woefully small for the purpose, but we had many a fun night watching movies & MMA fights up there.

I had a 3 seat set of theater seats on a platform I built with a buttkicker attached to the platform. It hooked into the bass output and shook the platform so you could feel the explosions etc. as well as hear them. It was really fun.

We downsized when we bought the new house so there wasn`t an extra room for a "media room" so the speakers, receiver, seating and buttkicker are going bye bye. I did keep the TV and will get a smaller "all in one box" Blu-Ray and surround sound setup for the living room. Cest la Vie... I will make up for the loss on the next house haha

Sorry for the wires. These pictures are from the day I set it up and couldn`t wait to try it out. Ended up running the wires through the walls...

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    On a screen this size, Blu-ray makes a huge difference. I`ve got so used to watching Blu-ray, that it is very difficult to go back to watching regular DVD`s now, so I seldom do.
    I`m going to check that out. Regular DVD`s on my `65" Mits just don`t have the pop that they have on my 40" Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    We downsized when we bought the new house so there wasn`t an extra room for a "media room" so the speakers, receiver, seating and buttkicker are going bye bye. I did keep the TV and will get a smaller "all in one box" Blu-Ray and surround sound setup for the living room. Cest la Vie... I will make up for the loss on the next house haha
    A media room would be great! I haven`t gotten their yet either!ancing Dot:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some really nice Home Theatre systems out there..
    One day i will send up my pixs, of my setup.
    Just a tip though, its kinda crazy...
    I eat, sh*t and dream electronics..

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got off my butt and mounted my screen on the wall, got up in the attic(had to provide crossbeam for the projector to mount to inbetween the studs), mounted my projector to the ceiling, and bought speaker stands for my rear surround! all I need to do now is get back up into the attic to run my hd component wires through the walls to the projector on the ceiling and add a power outlet for it as well.

Temporary Screen, still need to purchase a 16:9 Fixed Screen.

Still need to cut a hole for the wires to run through the wall and run an electrical outlet for the projector.

70" 1080p Night.

70" 1080p Day.
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information