Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all!

I have been seeing alot on quick detailing after rain or wash.How is this done? do I wash then spray while wet and dry?I use blitz wax, pinnacle bodywork shampoo and the absorber to dry.This QD on wet surface will this affect my drying towel?Will this cause me to have to wash the absorber each time?I also use EagleOne spray wipe and shine.I know I should use another detailer with carnuba but bought this to apply AIO per CMA`s tips.Thanks all lots of help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    QD while there is water still on your paint? This is news to me. I`ve never heard of that b4 (but then again there is still a lot i dont know ).

Theoretically (to take a wild stab in the dark), the alcohol in the QD is meant to allow the QD to evaportate quickly when it hits the surface of your car, thereby leaving wax (or whatever) on the surface while providing lubercation to remove dust/dirt particles etc. Adding extra water to this process may inhibit the QD to fully evaporte, IMHO.

I think we need Ron K. to further elaborate on this theory...

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on the composition of the QD. Most are little more than water and IPA anyway. The additional water will just require more time to get a "wipe-off"

It would screw up our WonderWash, as it is a much thicker constistancy and contains a fair percentage of polyethelene,synthetic wax. It is there to provide real lubricity and leave a heat resistant renewer coating over what ever the person has applied to the paint. Would make it very "smeary", but when we had our discontinued Fast Finish, all the extra water did was slow down the wipe time.

Most QD`s contain some percentage of dimethal silicone fulids to aid in lubricity and create a short term shine or gloss factor. The lubricity is needed to reduce the opportunity for any particles on the surface to create marring.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I often quick detail after a wash. And of course, you use a quick detailer after you finish drying your car. This is a good way to make sure that you get rid of any water spots that may be on your car. Laters.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I am the culprit of the notion of QDing after washing while wet. Here`s what I do (after a wash). I make the first pass with an MT (wringing out the towel frequently). Then I make another pass with a fresh dry MT and add QD to both the surface (which may not be entirely dry) and the towel (QD helps with the "grabbiness"). If you`re 2nd towel is pretty wet by the end of this second step then you didn`t go over with the first MT (or other drying tool) correctly.

I don`t use much QD and I feel that in the final wipedown achieving a streak free finish is facilitated by some QD and an MT in "the final wipe down" (old eighties hit )

Now the other reason why I QD (on a wet car after rain) is that I believe a rained on car, while wet, still has dirt on it (from the road and whatnot). Therefore the safest thing to do (aside from washing) is to hose off the car and make the first or second MT pass with the lubricious aid of a QD to be extra safe.

In all occasions water will dilute the QD, but I use a hose without a nozzel so that most of the water just sheets off the car.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Steve, nothing wrong with using the quick detailer on a car after it rains. Of course the best approach would be to just use very little car wash and just wash your car. Shouldn`t take too long maybe an extra 10 minutes. Anyway, going back to the quick detailing, I would just rinse it the way you describe and then use a quick detailer on the car because it does have some traces of dirt on the car surface. But after a carwash, I like to dry the car and then use the quick detailer. After drying, I drive the car for a few blocks and then quick detail. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey you guys just a quick thank you. I think this clears it up for me.I was confused a little about the overall process and how wet the car should be.This quick detailing thing is something I am new too, but it sounded good being my wife does not understand why I wash my truck 2-3 times a week.She does however understand a little more now that we bought her a new car.Two cars to wash twice a week!!!!!! SEE YA

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd- You may want to consider QD`ing more often to reduce the number of times you have to wash. In the long run QD`ing will save you time and money. Just something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed! Quick detailing is a nice alternative to washing the car 3 times a week. Laters.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Steve9185 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>In the long run QD`ing will save you time and money. Just something to think about. [/b]</blockquote>
    It will, espcially if you use pinnacle shampoo like I do
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really like the 3m QD compared to EF CP or FI but it advertises that it can be sprayed on a wet panel and dried that way. It doesn`t do a bad job. I have tried it and it leaves the finish with that just QD`ed feel. Not like clear pearl but not bad.
    :getdown

01 ford ranger xlt

05 ktm 300 exc

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much agree with you. That`s one of the good things that we have in our favor. There are certainly quite a few good quick detailers out there. Lots of choices for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Uses for the Leaf Blower.....

1. Blowing leaves

2. "Sweeping" the garage

3. Blowing a Dry Engine Bay (try it!)

4. Blowing water off after car wash

5. Light powdery snow!

MORE???
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use one to blow out my dryer vent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    I use one to blow out my dryer vent.
    I do the same thing... cleans it out quick!!!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information