Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My CMA order finally arrived on Saturday, but it rained most of the day, so I did not get a chance to do anything. I noticed that the Klasse complete kit came with wheel cleaner. Is this pretty good? I normally just use soap and an old rag. I have never found a product that gets off all of the dirt, grime, and break dust.

Is this the answer to my prayers? Will it replace using my hands, or will I still need to get into the little grooves and holes on the bottle cap rims on my BMW?

Post Thanks / Like
    My wheels are in good shape. They are aluminum, but are very hard to clean. I am pretty good about keeping the brake dust off of the wheels. It is a weekly battle between me and the dust. My front wheels generate so much brake dust, that I find myself cleaning the wheels at least two times a week.

The other problem is that the rims have very tight spaces, and are not easy to get fingers into. I tried using a wheel brush, but found that my hands fit much nicer, and can get all of the dust, as the brush left small traces of brake dust.

I really like my wheels to look clean. Would the Klasse wheel cleaner work as a "inbetween" cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use simple green to get my wheels squeaky clean, and then zaino them. Basically apply any synthetic sealant on them once they are clean and do this once a month (KLASSE, NU FINISH, ZAINO, etc). Nothing sticks to them now, and dust comes off easy with car wash and a sponge. Remember to use a dedicated sponge for this task, and no need to use wheel cleaners after this.....just maintain with car wash!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to knock DK or anything but i personaly wouldn`t recomend simple green. I wouold though strongly recomend Eiman Fabrik Hi-intensity cleaner. To me, in the world of wheel cleaners, there are two divisions, the safe non-acidic ones that usually are just a little more powerfull than car wash, and the non-safe acidic ones that clean quite well but are not to good to use on a regular basis. Eiman fabrik`s though, is in the catigory of safe cleaners, but it cleans extremely well, the best wheel cleaner ive tried. I would also recomend Griots Garage 3-finger detail mit. It works wonders on my bro`s 330ci m-spoke wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Any Other Cancer Survivors?

In 2004 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma/Terminal.

Long story short.

4 major surgeries to remove numerous internal metastisized tumors, one YEAR on chemo. My temperature never dropped below 101* for that entire year!

In early 2005 I was released by the National Cancer Institute in Washington D.C. and declared "In Remission"... been that way for almost 5 years.

Anyone else here a cancer survivor... Share your story!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,
    I love to hear stories like that. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 Ovarian Cancer about 9 months ago. We had a really scare for a while. After 2 rounds of chemo, her numbers are all better than normal. The doctors gan`t get over how well she is doing.
    I am sorry for what you had to go through, but am very happy for you in regards to your remission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Bill,
    I am sorry for what you had to go through, but am very happy for you in regards to your remission.
    Excellent news about your mother... What I have found about Oncologists: They will never tell you that your cancer is gone. It`s always "in remission". It doesn`t matter if it`s been gone for 20 years, it`s still "in remission". :banghead:

We as far as I`m concerned, it`s gone! Healthy (er) diet, more excersize, better life choices, regular checkups; all important.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man, keep it up. The world needs good detailers like you (good people too).

Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy to hear your doing good Bill. You are such a great asset to this forum. Keep on crankin out those awesome details :thumbup:
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    I am happy to hear your doing good Bill. You are such a great asset to this forum. Keep on crankin out those awesome details :thumbup:
    Amen to that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Hey man, keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    I am happy to hear your doing good Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by sydster View Post
    Amen to that!
    Thanks guys. The worst part was part, obviously, was the chemo. What a miserable year!

But I`m still here, so I guess God wasn`t finished with me yet!:biggrin:

Any other cancer survivors out there?
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

TOGWT

I will share with you the story of my friend Ami.

This is a story of a dying Knight and the Princess who saved him?.

I will share with you the story of my soul friend Ami.

I first met Ami on a Revlon photo shot when I went to see my ?little? sister, Tina in Los Angles, CA. [Ami was a model for Revlon, originally from Paris, France]. I?d never believed in ?Love at first sight? but I felt very drawn to her spiritually?

We met each other again a few years later in a hospital, in Tennessee. I learned later that she had contracted hepatocellular cancer (cancer of the liver). I was going for radiation treatment [once a day for four days a week, four days chemotherapy, one day sick, one day not feeling too bad, one day feeling relatively well, and then the same cycle for five months]. By this time in treatment I was a yellow color because of my kidneys, my hair had become very thin, my eyes were bloodshot from being so tired and the chemotherapy was poisoning my blood. So laying on a hospital gurney, feeling really sick, I heard a voice with a pronounced French accent, ?Bonjour mon ami, it?s been so long, how are you?? All I said in reply was ?Hello?, without really realizing who was talking to me.

A few days later on another visit, and feeling sorry for myself, a blonde girl who I thought I vaguely recognized asked if I would help her with some children [I later found out they had been named ?Ami?s little angels? by the hospital staff]. Well you can guess I finally figured out that this was the girl Ami that I had met in LA a few years ago. We started to spend every day together, Ami, her little angels and I. Sometimes when I?d collect them one of the angels was ?missing?; I quickly learned not to ask questions, although I?d been told not to become attached to the children, but it?s so hard not too. One day determined to end the misery that my life had become I sat with my back to a wall with a twelve-gauge ticket to oblivion. But a knock on the door interrupted me it was Ami. She told me that however bad I thought things where, you should never give up, our lives are not ours to take that is a decision only God can make. And too think of the little children, they had not got to live or see life yet, and yet we had seen the world and had a rich and full life.

?Don?t cry for them, just help me to make the children?s short time with us as happy as you are able?, Ami used to say. I once asked her ?Tell me why God had let this happen to little children, with no one to love and comfort them?. She said that she had asked the same question in a prayer once. She said that the answer she was given was; ?That?s not true, I sent you didn?t I?. Makes everything more bearable when you realize there are lots of little children far worse off than you are or ever will be?

One day one of Ami?s angels asked me, ?Where is Ami, she hasn?t come to see us and we miss her?. a few days earlier I had promised her that I would not give up, however bad it got and if I survived, always remember her and ?her? little children, and to keep on searching until I find my echoing soul to spend the rest of my time with.

Time to say goodbye [25th, July 1998]

[There but for the grace of God go I]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Thanks guys. The worst part was part, obviously, was the chemo. What a miserable year!

But I`m still here, so I guess God wasn`t finished with me yet!:biggrin:

Any other cancer survivors out there?
    Glad to hear that God let you stick around becuase this place would not be the same with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Anyone else here a cancer survivor... Share your story!
    Like John Kruk, Lance Armstrong and Scott Hamilton before me, I found a little something that didn`t belong on the jewels about 10 years ago. Turned out to be the least aggressive type Stage 1 seminoma. Little surgery and a short bout of radiation and the word "remission" was never mentioned. The word was "cured". As luck would have it if you`re gonna have cancer this is the one to ask for. Caught early the survival rate is in the high-90 percentile.

TL <--- walks with a lisp

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will know by friday when I see the Doctor.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information