Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tampa Auto Show

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any experience with Griots MF towels? Im thinking about getting some with my next order.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are very nice looking (white with red borders). I use them for all my interior cleaning. They are by no means plush. Similar to the vipers & Lifetime warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked at these for some time also. I would love to try one of their new 24"x36" micro-fiber towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Tampa Auto Show

I took my 5 year old son to the Tampa Bay Auto Show today. Every year they show case certian cars for the up coming model year. The show was kind of a disappointment this year. A lot of the manufacturers where not present. I am assuming due to the economy. However Lamborghini had a larger display then normal. The cars were roped off so we could not really get that close to them. I spotted this Murcielago SV and as we went in to get a closer look the detailer in me started to come out

The paint was a total mess. Swirls all over and the orange peel was was unreal. I tried to voom in the best I could on certian areas using the over head lighting. Now I see why they have them roped off.

I could never pay that much money (that is if I had it) and have the paint look like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats why you detailers should carry cards and then you can explain what you can do to make that paint look new again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    thats why you detailers should carry cards and then you can explain what you can do to make that paint look new again...
    Your right, but I am not to that level yet. That Lambo will probaly need some wetsanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was that a car show or Bobcats(Auto Concierge) Garage :tongue:

Sad thing is, you were probally the only person that noticed the swirls/orange peel

Thanks for sharing....Those are some amazing cars

BTW That white stripe looks like something a 3rd grader came up with

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Was that a car show or Bobcats(Auto Concierge) Garage :tongue:

Sad thing is, you were probally the only person that noticed the swirls/orange peel

Thanks for sharing....Those are some amazing cars

Lol at the last comment.

To the OP, is it still worth going I was thinking about strolling bye tomorrow and haven`t been to one in a couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I agree, Flash. Plus, I`m pretty sure it was tape!

Most dealers allowed the crowd to climb in and out and put their paws all over the cars. The only detailers I saw working the display cars were at the Mini`s and the Ducati motorcycles.

Other notable cars:
    That was the first time I had seen a Mini up close, very cool. The Transformer Camaro was awesome! Volvo XC60 may be my next car. I was hoping to check out a BMW X6M, but it was not to be...
    John Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Henry View Post
    I agree, Flash. Plus, I`m pretty sure it was tape!

Most dealers allowed the crowd to climb in and out and put their paws all over the cars. The only detailers I saw working the display cars were at the Mini`s and the Ducati motorcycles.

Other notable cars:
    That was the first time I had seen a Mini up close, very cool. The Transformer Camaro was awesome! Volvo XC60 may be my next car. I was hoping to check out a BMW X6M, but it was not to be...
    John Henry what did you think of the one concept car that Ford had with the candy apple paint job? I took some pictures but you just had to be there. Ford had some of the nicer colors compared to some of the other makers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that factory paint on that black lambo? If so that is horrible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    John Henry what did you think of the one concept car that Ford had with the candy apple paint job? I took some pictures but you just had to be there. Ford had some of the nicer colors compared to some of the other makers.
    Very cool. I think that Ford is trying hard.

I`ve gotta say, that was one of the best hot rod displays I`ve seen in a while. Been to five car shows in four months. As far as the quality is concerned... that collection was tops.

BTW... Audi was there, but not Mercedes. And only one Porsche... the new Panamera. Very nice BMW showing.
    John Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you show a car like that in a show with the paint in that kind of condition? It makes you wonder

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a sad commentary when the paint on my wife`s 10-year old Ford minivan is in better shape than a brand new Lambo - yikes.

That said I am totally impressed by the size of those brake rotors wow! And since I`ve never seen one up close is that a small gray caliper off on the right side across from the humongous yellow caliper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Henry View Post
    Very cool. I think that Ford is trying hard.

I`ve gotta say, that was one of the best hot rod displays I`ve seen in a while. Been to five car shows in four months. As far as the quality is concerned... that collection was tops.

BTW... Audi was there, but not Mercedes. And only one Porsche... the new Panamera. Very nice BMW showing.
    Here is the car that we are talking about. Sorry the picture does not do it justice. The paint is very deep. It is also hard to snap good pics when you have a 5 year old running around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information