Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of tire dressing does everyone use? I currently use a Turtle Wax (gasp!) product that comes in the form of a liquid like gel. I like it for ease of application b/c my rims are tough enough to keep clean without dealing with overspray. The problem is that if I dont let it sit at least overnight and sometimes longer, it slings off the tires. Anyone have a good product that is applied without a spray and doesnt sling.??

Post Thanks / Like
    Use a liquid and spray it on a sponge, not the tire.

People here primarily use 303, Vinylex, Zaino Tire, Meguiars Natural Shine

Post Thanks / Like
    Let it sit an hour or two, and then take an old rag and wipe the tires down....a high even glossy look remains that will not sling off........

Post Thanks / Like
    First, most mass market tire dressings (from the likes of Turtle Wax) are designed to provide a high, short lasting shine on tires with little or no protection. These silicon emultion based protectans accelerate the tire deteriation (sp?) process and will cause browning and cracks. What tires need is frequent aplication from a quality vinyl/rubber PROTECTANT like Vinylex, 303 ect. Theese will protect the tire from the elements and make them last longer. Second you need to decide what kind of shine you want. Matte, low gloss, medioum, high? Finnaly the aplication. Use a tire swipe or foam aplicator, spray a decent amount of the protectant onto it, and rub into the tire, let it sit about 20 min. then come back with a cotton towel and buff of the residue. This will prevent the sling your talking about and leave anon-greasy finish. I hope this helps. Good luck. -Brad H

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use Meguiar`s High Endurance Gel, however it attracted quite a bit of dust, and from what I understand it is detrimental to the "health" of your tires.

I just recieved EF Black Opal from CMA and so far I am happy with the results it produces. However I still need to find a better way to apply it rather than spraying it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z16. It`s amazing. I can put it on and immediately drive away without the typical "tire sling" as you call it. And Z16, as well as all the Zaino products smell sooo good.

It leaves a very nice matte gloss, not like Endurance`s bright shiny greasy look. And it does not attract dust and dirt like most do.

Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Zaino really rocks. My favorite so far. But Eagle One Concours dressing aint bad for a local store-bought item.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may have to try that one when my Zaino fix runs out.

Post Thanks / Like
    is a really great product! Not only is it excellent on tires, but I apply it to all exterior trim, EPDM rubber, and the front air spoiler. The durability of the Z-16 far surpasses 303 for these applications. A great product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same as Arcticwhite. I really like the Zaino tire polish. Lasts a bit longer than other tire dressings. My 2nd favorite is the 303. Great products.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s relatively cheap. Vinylex is also good to me, but it`s

more $$$$. The 2001 is better if you leave it on for a

awhile and the shine is very good. I have not seen anything

in it`s price range that shines as good. I`m going to try the EF tire stuff and some Zaino protectant as soon as I get the chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much everyone. Sounds like the primary tip, whatever the product, is to wipe off the excess after it sits for a bit. I do that for everything else, not sure why I never did it before on my tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of curious as to what`s in the Turtle Wax gel. Is it one of the safer products to use on tires? I`ve never used the stuff before. Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried the gel, but I like the Turtle Wax Tire Wax. It`s a white liquid that`s thicker than the spray stuff. I put it on with the Tire Wipes and it does a great job for me. Not expensive, no spin off, and no artificial wet shiny look. Just my $.02. Used it on my Camaro last week. I would have taken pictures but my son had my camera in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    which is probably a trade name for a PDMS resin.....It`s safe to use on your tires!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information