Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an excellent product that does not seem to get much mention. The price ($12) may deter a few potential buyers. It is great on tires (very low shine, natural appearance) and awesome on matte black rubberized trim.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds great, always interested in new products. Do you know if that product has any UV properties? What about durability? Browning of tires? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m currently using the Meguiars Endurance product. Is it actually bad for the tires??

I would change if that is indeed true, however I would be upset because the product is expensive..

I noticed at first with it that it made my tires brown after a week or two. Then, I cleaned the tires really good and re-applied the stuff. Now, my tires look great and stay looking that way for a while (like 2 weeks).

I don`t like really shiny looking tires and I find the Meguiars provides the amount of sheen that I like.

However, if it is people`s recommendation that I switch to something else like Viynlex I will. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom P.

I also use the 3M Dressing and love it. It was one of the products I bought on impulse with the intent of testing it against other dressings and it is all I ever use on tires anymore. Gives the tires a clean, pure black look. Doesn`t attract much dust and takes a while before the black appearance fades. The tires have a natural look, just like new tires that have been cleaned and put on display in a tire store. If you`re looking for the blinding tire shine this one isn`t for you. If you like 303 on tires try this. Now I save my 303 for the interior and leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this means we have made up!

The durability is much better than other dressings I have sampled and God knows I have shelves full of different junk! I am not a big user of tire dressing and probably do it every other month. I have never experienced the "browning" problem others have mentioned. I have found the car can actually be driven in the rain a few times and the 3M is still there! I like that.

I can`t address the UV protection factor. Perhaps taking a look at 3M`s site could answer that question. Also, this product does not contain silicones. (We had this conversation last month).

Our Passat wagon has lots of soft rubberized trim around all the windows and it looks crappy after 5 years of exposure. This was the reason I tried the 3M...not for the tires. This is really the only product I have tried that makes the trim look "just right" and does not bleed all over the paint (YUCKKK!!!) when it rains. I apply it a couple of times per year and it works great for that job.

I have never tried the stuff on the interior `cause I like VINYLEX so much for that job.

Description from Larry Reynold`s site: <em class=`bbc`>A rich emollient oil-based conditioner that cleans and protects all exterior rubber and vinyl. Spray on a soft cloth, apply a thin even coat, allow to penetrate for a few minutes, then buff-off the excess. Leaves a medium gloss finish without any greasiness. May be used on all non-painted exterior rubber and vinyl parts. Several applications over time will help restore the black patina to exterior rubber.[/i]

I think this is a great product to try if you do not seek a glossy finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    better than the Meguires gel products that I use to use. They just seem to build up and attract A LOT of dust/dirt. The Z16 is super easy to apply and look/lasts great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course I`m still speaking to you!! I only think that we had a difference of opinion over something - can`t even remember what it was, so it must not have been that important.

I did check the 3M site for the product that you mentioned, and while it is available through the site, there is no mention of UV qualities. If you have a minute, maybe you could check your bottle and see what it says. I would email 3M myself, but it always takes three days or so for a response from them.

Your product description does state "oil"; any problems with dust/dirt attraction? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by arcticwhite [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>...you could check your bottle and see what it says.

Your product description does state "oil"; any problems with dust/dirt attraction? Thanks. [/b]</blockquote>
    Arcticwhite, I did read the bottle this AM and there is no mention of UV protection. Maybe when Ron returns he could decipher the MSDS to see if there is a chemcial in the stuff that provides the UV protection.

Dust attraction: this is the reason I don`t frequently use tire dressing. There is new construction on my street so the cars cannot escape without being driven thru a bunch of dust . I do not believe the dust attraction is any worse than the other products we use. Maybe its better. I get no dust attraction on the trim around the windows which is my primary area of use for the 3M.

Hope you have a fine weekend if you have any detailing events scheduled! I have been forced into temporary detailing withdrawal.

I buggered up my ankle last weekend and am supposed to stay off it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom p., I use the 3M product on my tires too, and agree with everything you say about it. The biggest plus for me is that I can buy it at the supermarket down the street from where I live, whereas I have to get the 303 down from the US (so I tend to save the 303 for my interior and exterior vinyl).

The only concern I have is that I think it contains petroleum distillates. I don`t know whether this is a problem or not, but I figure I will be replacing my tires regularly anyway
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Footy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

The only concern I have is that I think it contains petroleum distillates. I don`t know whether this is a problem or not, but I figure I will be replacing my tires regularly anyway [/b]</blockquote>
    Footy, I do not believe the 3M product is going to degrade your car`s shoes! I think the exact opposite may be the case per what the resident expert has said.

Also: article of interest.

How is the weather in your beautiful country today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, I`m sure you`re right. I have a high regard for 3M, which is why I use the product despite my slight misgivings. I doubt they would market a product that is harmful in any way.

Thanks for the link to the article. I found I already have a print-out of it in my "detailing" file

The weather here probably needs an entire forum by itself. Basically, it`s raining where it shouldn`t and not raining where it should. So we have cars that need washing 2-3 times a week, and power outages in the evenings due to shortages of hydro-electricity. We`re coping though
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Footy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

Basically, it`s raining where it shouldn`t and not raining where it should. So we have cars that need washing 2-3 times a week, and power outages in the evenings due to shortages of hydro-electricity. [/b]</blockquote>

Hey,when are you going to post a picture of the `55 for the rest of us?

Post Thanks / Like

Breaking News...........

Director > I saw a preview last night while watching Storm Chasers. It seems the Boys over at MythBusters have done a test on if a Clean or Dirty car gets better gas mileage. From the looks of the preview, it looks like they are saying a Dirty Car gets better mileage :banghead:

Director > The episode airs this Wenesday night, (check your local listings for time and channel > Da Rules!)

I look forward to there results :toetap05:

Post Thanks / Like
    No way!!! Oh I will definitely be watching cuz I love the show and wanna see the results!!! This is crazy talk!

Post Thanks / Like
    That just makes no sense at all!ut:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information