Post Thanks / Like

Best Part of Detailing Forums

I spend a lot of time on detailing forums (mainly TID and MOL) but others as well and I was trying to think what was my favorite part about such forums. At first it was probably the amount of information I was learning, then it was the in depth details by many of the pros, but now my single favorite part is trading products.

I have become a "trading whore"!!!:drool5::drool5::drool5:

Yeah, you read it write... a trading whore! In the detailing world, the fact that you have so many good dudes willing to pull fair trades and let you try stuff is just amazing.

If I go back to when I did a big wax test, I had so many guys (like Porscheguy at this forum) send me product FOR FREE, just to help my test. Porscheguy - Chris, sent me about 6 different LSP`s to try.

Then I pulled some awesome trades with guys here, like Biolink, Mikejl, slanguage and others... Overall, to me it is probably the coolest part about the "detailing community". Solid characters all over the place.

So, what do you think the best part of these forums are?
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Whether it be a trade, or sell on other forums, I have never had a bad experience. In the past, I`ve posted that I am looking for something that I wanted to buy or trade for, and have had people end up just send me the item for free.

The other cool thing is that I have been lucky enough to be able to work with some other detailers on this forum, and others, and that was pretty cool.

Lastly, I have a pretty good network of guys that I can call if I run into something on a detail I have never seen before, and that`s pretty helpful!!!
    David Strum
    Charlotte, NC

Finance during the week, finishes on the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just joined and quickly found out this site is professional. Been on a few other sites that turned out to be a battle of who is better than who. I`m looking forward to making new friends, find out new products and techniques, and just general information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog1988 View Post
    I just joined and quickly found out this site is professional. Been on a few other sites that turned out to be a battle of who is better than who. I`m looking forward to making new friends, find out new products and techniques, and just general information.
    Welcome to the forum!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like reading the detailed write ups the most, as I feel those are the best places to learn about new tips/tricks, as well as new products to try.

I also enjoy some of the debates (when kept in check) on certain products, methods, techniques...cough cough (Dana/Todd)
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I like reading the detailed write ups the most, as I feel those are the best places to learn about new tips/tricks, as well as new products to try.

I also enjoy some of the debates (when kept in check) on certain products, methods, techniques...cough cough (Dana/Todd)
    Whats up, Chad? Haven`t seen you on the 8th for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog1988 View Post
    Whats up, Chad? Haven`t seen you on the 8th for a while.
    Not much bro. Been busy posting on the detailing forums...I mean working.

I do try and keep up with the "Ask a Detailer Thread" on the 8th though.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Not much bro. Been busy posting on the detailing forums...I mean working.

I do try and keep up with the "Ask a Detailer Thread" on the 8th though.
    All work and no play....:clap:

Thread Information