Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what will happen when...

I was at the AG site recently and one of the things I`m not fond of on that site and other detailing sites (like it) is the notion (from some) that "I would never use that OTC product on my car".

I know that AG sells OTC products, but lets face it, by in large they really push a few products (hardcore), like Souveran and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.

So, I was thinking what is going to happen when Mike Phillips gets the proverbial "which product is better, product x or Meguiars product x". I mean, I don`t know Mike like many of you do, but he seems like a pretty straight shooter, so I can hardly imagine that AG will be excited about Mike saying "save your money, don`t buy Souveran, get NXT 2.0, it`s just as good". LOL

In any event, interesting times ahead... can`t wait to read those posts when they come in, and oh, they will!!!
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to wait and see......................Sleep
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    i read mike say hitech wax is as good as any wax on the market for making paint dark and wet. will he still say that or is he loyal to the paycheck? i buy hitech wax instead of others cause mike say this many times.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you mean NXT Tech 2.0, right?

If so, that is exactly what I`m thinking. I can see the thread now...

"Hey Mike, NXT 2.0 or Souveran"

:w00t:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOGWT
    C.o.m.m.e.r.c.i.a.l.i.s.m. brings with it concerns of honesty and true representation. In other words, it?s difficult to know what is true when someone is motivated by income, i.e. directly targeted at product sales, more so than an unbiased opinion.

As Angelo has stated [We`ll just have to wait and see....]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
    Commer******m (no idea why TID would edit this word??) ....]
    The word fragment that was blocked is a popular drug for the ehancement of male sexual performance. I got the same thing when I typed the work "s.p.e.c.i.a.l.i.s.t" (I put the periods in so it wouldn`t be blocked!)
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    The word fragment that was blocked is a popular drug for the ehancement of male sexual performance. I got the same thing when I typed the work "s.p.e.c.i.a.l.i.s.t" (I put the periods in so it wouldn`t be blocked!)
    Thanks, that wasn`t HARD at all. :devil:

Perhaps "C.o.m.m.e.r.c.i.a.l.i.s.m." is a dirty word

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, it took me a long time to figure out the contraband word in Commer...

LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Character

I have been blessed or as some would say cursed by the fact I judge a person from both my first impression when meeting them and the character shown while conducting their work . Meeting Mike and watching him teach with the passion he has for both detailing and the people that want to learn, I think he will not only be an asset to AG but honest on his appraisal of new products. I have had the pleasure of asking him his opinion of various products off the record and found his answers to be both honest and helpful.
    I think he will be a good fit and will do just fine in his new position.:biggrin:
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Phillips strikes me as a stand-up guy who really believed in the Meguiar`s product line and who therefore enjoyed selling Meguiar`s products to the public. Of course, his position required him to exclusively promote Meguiar`s products, but I respect him for not bashing products sold by other companies. Remember Mike`s mantra: "Find something you like and use it often" ." I would expect Mike to continue this philosophy at AutoGeek.

Of course, as an employee of AG, he has an obligation to promote the products that they sell, and they sell a lot of products. This will no doubt be a fun time for him, as he experiments with products which he has perhaps never tried before or which he hasn`t tried in a long time. I am interested to hear what he thinks about Souveran and Fuzion, for example. Mike will no doubt develop a more positive attitude about many non-Meguiar`s goods, but I do not expect him to become a shill for PBMA. I predict we will still find him reciting his mantra: "Find something you like and use it often."

Post Thanks / Like
    From talking to Mike in person many times, I know he is not hypocritical and truly believes in the quality of Meguiar`s products. I imagine he will like some of the new products out there that he hasn`t tried before also and promote some of them.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    If the flagship AG products are as good as they claim, then AG should not be worried about competing products. If they end up trying to muzzle their new hire, then I guess it`s their business, but if I were AG I`d give him free reign to review things as he sees`em. Director

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slik560 View Post
    If the flagship AG products are as good as they claim, then AG should not be worried about competing products. If they end up trying to muzzle their new hire, then I guess it`s their business, but if I were AG I`d give him free reign to review things as he sees`em. Director
    That is very true. The reality is that his opinion carries a lot of weight and I believe nobody is expecting him to suddenly become apathetic towards the Meg`s brand so if AG gives him free reign, I would figure that it probably would only help them in the long run.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, it`s hard to trust the "sales guy" but there are a few out there that I do trust, and one sells cars! But, for advice on detailing it`s hard to beat Todd. I`ve disagreed with some of his choices - like leather care, but then he does Lambo`s and I do daily drivers and piglet haulers (mini vans). But he`s never given me any bad advice or recommended a product that didn`t do as claimed.

And lastly, I just don`t care for AG`s forum, of the detailing forums I visit - I could give that one up and never miss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    And lastly, I just don`t care for AG`s forum, of the detailing forums I visit - I could give that one up and never miss it.
    Not a fan of that forum either. Seems like lately there have been a lot of cheap shots being launched from that forum without rhyme or reason.

Although I would imagine MP would bring some much needed credibility.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information