Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Left Lane Bandits!!!!!

I`m not an aggressive driver. But I do appreciate having a nice clear left lane if I want to pass a slower vehicle.

A "Left-Lane-Bandit" steals the left lane by driving slower than the right-lane traffic, causing anyone who wants to pass, to "weave" in and out of traffic!

Very irritating. It would be nice if there was a law........

Kansas City Star:
    Monday, June 01, 2009
    KS will start ticketing drivers who shouldn`t be in the left lane
    It starts July 1. If a motorist is in a highway`s left lane and is not (A) passing another car, ( avoiding a car parked on the shoulder or (C) turning left, then they`re liable to get a $135 ticket. (This applies to highways outside city limits.)
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Now, If Missouri will just team up with Kansas, we will have travel harmony in the great plains!!!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds promising, but you think police are going to enforce it? Most municipalities are running lean as it is already. Unless it`s blatant and the cop is trailing the offender for a few miles Boo Hoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
    It sounds promising, but you think police are going to enforce it? Most municipalities are running lean as it is already. Unless it`s blatant and the cop is trailing the offender for a few miles Boo Hoo
    No, I don`t think they will enforce it. BUT.... maybe it will make people think twice about clogging up traffic.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

The way that law is written...

Sounds very impractical to me as anyone not involved in the legal aspects of the left lane are forced into the right, correct? Then assuming motorists follow the ordinance to the letter...the right lane would be jammed with a higher % of the traffic causing more accidents.

Personally, I feel if I am at or above the stated speed limit I have perfect right to cruise in any lane I wish to. Its the law breakers that pass me on the right. If they want to break the speed limit I shouldnt have to get out of their way to accomodate them and no law in Indiana supports this.
    Dave - confirmed egotist

Auto Detailing - Cuz you want to be noticed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egoXtension View Post
    Personally, I feel if I am at or above the stated speed limit I have perfect right to cruise in any lane I wish to. .
    But that`s my point. Left-lane-bandits clog up traffic by driving WELL BELOW the posted speed limit in the left lane. If they happen to be right next to another driver, both of them driving 10 mph UNDER the speed limit, traffic can be backed up for miles. I think it will help move traffic along more smoothly.

Simply stated, Slower Traffic Keep Right.:smile:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I feel if I am at or above the stated speed limit I have perfect right to cruise in any lane I wish to.
    No good. If all lanes of travel are open and you want to putz in the left lane, and someone wants to drive just over the speed limit or whatever speed they feel they need to, you are not the judge and/or jury. If they are speeding, then it is the risk they are taking, not you.

Its the law breakers that pass me on the right. If they want to break the speed limit I shouldnt have to get out of their way to accomodate them.
    There is a reason they are passing on the right... and you`re wrong, MOVE.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
    No good. If all lanes of travel are open and you want to putz in the left lane, and someone wants to drive just over the speed limit or whatever speed they feel they need to, you are not the judge and/or jury. If they are speeding, then it is the risk they are taking, not you.

There is a reason they are passing on the right... and you`re wrong, MOVE.
    So now you are the judge and jury?

Luster, there are laws on the books here in Texas that are at least similar, if not the same. I personally don`t care for the law. The lanes are in place to provide for traffic flow. As a taxpayer, I helped to pay for each lane. As I have a financial investment, I don`t want to be told which lane I can drive in, provided, of course, I am following the posted speed limit and observing all appropirate traffic rules and regs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I personally don`t care for the law. The lanes are in place to provide for traffic flow. .
    I agree. Better Traffic flow is the purpose of this law. That`s why I feel it`s a good move on the part of Kansas. Time will tell.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forget the legal nit picking...this is a good law and it`s about time. Will they get everybody? No. But this crap happens every day. Most recently I was on I-29 coming back from St. Joe, MO and there was this idiot in the left lane doing MAYBE 55 mph. He was holding up traffic and he knew it. When I finally got my turn to go by this moron, he was grinning like the idiot he was. I was fantasizing about an 18-wheeler shoving him into the ditch.

These bandits must not realize or care about the peril they create for themselves and others. People in the midwest are a lot more tolerant than either coast. Try this on the Long Island Expressway and you won`t last 10minutes. :cursing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the need to chime in once more.

I want to get where I am going in an expedient manner myself however I do not wish to travel 10-15 mph over the posted. This is prolly why I also have not had a violation in around 20 years and I enjoy low-risk insurance that pays ME back about $250 a year.

Anyway
    9 times out of ten if I move to the right lane on a two lane road I get stuck behind someone going much slower than I wanted to go. I am talking about a State or county road.

On the Interstate which has a 70 mph posted people drive much faster often 85 mph... I do move right WHEN I am not placed at a disadvantage myself

People who speed excessively also seem to be short on PATIENCE. Maybe we all need to gain a little more of that.

And what about the speeders who put about half a car length between themselves and their passing objective? Highly dangerous.
    Dave - confirmed egotist

Auto Detailing - Cuz you want to be noticed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    So now you are the judge and jury?
    Interpret my post however you wish. Point being, there are too many people that get off by occupying the left lane to block traffic as if it is their civic duty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate when people drive 65 MPH in a carpool lane. That lane is for speed 75+MPH, not for show ass people...I seen that happening on most Toyota Prius cars...

Post Thanks / Like
    The left lane has always been know as the fast lane...at least ever since I got my license in `91. If you are in the fast lane putting along equal too, or slower than the right lane, you should be moving over if a faster moving car comes up behind you. I don`t care if you are already going 10mph over or not. By not moving you are holding up traffic and likely causing someone to have road rage. :cursing:

Do your Sunday driving in the slow lane! :devil:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Traveling this nation as a over the road commercial driver , I find that most states have signs posted saying "Keep left except to pass". The left lane on four lane divided interstates or freeways is considered a PASSING lane by most law enforcement. In my 30 yrs of driving I have seen just about all types of drivers and could write a book about the idiots I see on a daily basis.Courtesy and patience are a thing of the past and and both the ultra fast and extremely slow put many in danger. Why people that normally are great people in normal everyday settings become monsters behind the wheel is something I may never fully understand. Just try and remember that when driving , you are sharing the road and their life as well as yours is at risk.
    Just an old mans 2 cents.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Traveling this nation as a over the road commercial driver , I find that most states have signs posted saying "Keep left except to pass". The left lane on four lane divided interstates or freeways is considered a PASSING lane by most law enforcement. In my 30 yrs of driving I have seen just about all types of drivers and could write a book about the idiots I see on a daily basis.Courtesy and patience are a thing of the past and and both the ultra fast and extremely slow put many in danger. Why people that normally are great people in normal everyday settings become monsters behind the wheel is something I may never fully understand. Just try and remember that when driving , you are sharing the road and their life as well as yours is at risk.
    Just an old mans 2 cents.
    Paul
    Thank you Paul... couldn`t have stated it better!:wink:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information