Post Thanks / Like

Our 2006 Mariner got rear-ended...

Well...it was bound to happen sooner or later. We got rear-ended this past Saturday night in our 2006 Mercury Mariner. In one year from this month she`ll be paid off. Luckily nobody was hurt.

I`ll keep it brief, but here`s what happened...we were at the stop light and had been sitting for a while and the car behind us was stopped as well. The roads were wet and oily as it had just rained a little. A third truck coming from behind was sliding, hit the car behind us and then pushed him into (or shall I say "under" us). I heard the crunch and with my foot still on the brake, we slid forward and finally stopped slightly into the intersection. As I got out of the car I was shocked to see our Mariner up on this poor guys hood...my back wheels sitting 2 or 3 inches off of the ground. I have a chrome tip on my exhaust pipe, and the way he hit me, my tailpipe speared his passenger side headlight all the way past the chrome tip...so probably 6" or more was inside his headlight. hehe.

Here are the pics...

From what I can tell, the only real damage is the rear bumper and muffler is bent. I`ve thoroughly detailed every inch of this car on a weekly basis for the past 4 years and all of the door gaps and body lines seem as straight as usual, but I`m sure there`s a bit of damage `underneath` as his hood was completely under my ass-end. Then again I`m no insurance adjuster, so they may see things I`m not looking for. I`m taking it to the body shop Monday night after work so we`ll see how this all plays out.

As I said...luckily nobody was hurt and everyone had insurance so it`s all good.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our 2006 Mariner got rear-ended...

that sucks. as you said, at least nobody was hurt and everyone was insured. good luck with the fix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post

From what I can tell, the only real damage is the rear bumper and muffler is bent. I`m sure there`s a bit of damage `underneath` as his hood was completely under my ass-end. Then again I`m no insurance adjuster, so they may see things I`m not looking for.
    From the pics, I wouldn`t be surprised if you need the exhaust, rear body & floor pan replaced ($4000++). Do you know if the exhaust slapped into the rear suspension? What insurance company are you going through? Make sure to have the vehicle repaired at the best possible, no holds barrred Body Shop. If you have it fixed by the Insurance Company`s Direct Repair Shop, chances are you`ll be posting pics of how crappy a job they did.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes...glad nobody was hurt.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear Tony ... I would still get checked out as it probably was a jolt not only to the Mariner but yourself
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

i like how the guy that hit you .got out of his car and grabed his soda and put it on the roof while he made a phone call glad none was hurt

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch.... Yeah, that sucks. Lucky for you that you probably have some great connections with body shops considering the custom designs you do for fabricators. At lease the worst is over. I mean, you`ve already literally `taken it up the tail pipe`, so everything else should be easy from here.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    i like how the guy that hit you .got out of his car and grabed his soda and put it on the roof while he made a phone call glad none was hurt
    Actually, that poor guy got hit from behind and was pushed underneath me.
    And his car had just gotten out of the body shop a few weeks prior with a
    new motor and sheet metal. That guy got shafted from both ends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    Ouch.... Yeah, that sucks. Lucky for you that you probably have some great connections with body shops considering the custom designs you do for fabricators. At lease the worst is over. I mean, you`ve already literally `taken it up the tail pipe`, so everything else should be easy from here.
    Yeah there`s a local body shop that does excellent work so that`s who I`m taking it to.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I`ll be glad to get it in and out of the body shop and back to `normal` again.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of car is that under your the back of yours.
    Looks like he got the worst end of the deal.

I got a new car only have 500 miles on it and had a guy make a right turn into Sam`s Club from the left hand lane and I was in the lane to his right.
    Crazy part is he had just pulled out from behind me and passed me then without even so much as a turn signal he turned and I just barley avoided hitting him.
    The right side of his car was already smashed in so he must make a habit of this kind of driving.
    Their sure is a lot of poor drivers on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that T.M. Good to hear no one was injured.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    What kind of car is that under your the back of yours.
    Looks like he got the worst end of the deal.

I got a new car only have 500 miles on it and had a guy make a right turn into Sam`s Club from the left hand lane and I was in the lane to his right.
    Crazy part is he had just pulled out from behind me and passed me then without even so much as a turn signal he turned and I just barley avoided hitting him.
    The right side of his car was already smashed in so he must make a habit of this kind of driving.
    Their sure is a lot of poor drivers on the road.
    00+ cavalier z24 or LS sport depending on the year, based off the wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    00+ cavalier z24 or LS sport depending on the year, based off the wheels
    Nice guess...it`s a 2002 to be exact.

Now for the best part about all of this...the guy in the truck that caused the accident...yeah...turns out he doesn`t have insurance. The card he gave the police was an expired policy.

WTF?!?! Seriously...how do people keep getting away with this crap??? It`s the state law to carry auto insurance. Now this guy crashes into a car, pushes it into mine and he walks away scott free after tearing up 2 cars. What a bunch of crap!!! I am so livid it`s driving me insane.

I`m a hard-working guy, I bust my a** to pay all of my bills on time, I enjoy driving nice cars, I follow the laws, yet somehow people out there like this guy keep breaking the law and get away with it.

I mean, he might as well have just hit us and drove away. Now my truck is wrecked and we can`t do anything until this guys insurance company tries to contact him by mail (because all the phone/address info he gave was no good either) to see if he happens to be insured with another company.

Arrghhh!!! This is how my life goes all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a tough break.

You could go after the guy who hit you and then his insurance will have to go after the the truck who hit him.
    POLLEN is Evil

Thread Information