Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a UV-A Light. Where to buy?

As the title says. I am looking for a 160 watt UV-A light. Bulb is fine, or a complete light (bulb and housing thingy). Anyone have a clue where to get one? Lowes and Home Depot look at me cross-eyed.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need a UV-A Light. Where to buy?

What`s with the 160 watt spec? Do you already have the fixture? Are you using this for carpet and upholstery inspection or something else? I know one source for a black light (UV-A) inspection tool, but they make no mention of wattage. Do you have an idea about what the price range would be for this? I see a $115 unit and a $389 unit, quit a range and I don`t know if either are what you are looking for. Yeah, I know more questions than answers.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need a UV-A Light. Where to buy?

I found one today. Actually was 150 watts, so 10 less is ok with me. Was just a bulb, $9.00 at a local pet shop. They had a 160 watt that produced UV-A and UV-B. As I was getting ready to grab it, the bottom shelf had what I was looking for.

It`s for curing a headlight coating. I`m trying out a new(ish) headlight restoration kit and it requires either the full sun or a UV-A light to cure it. I didn`t read the directions all the way through (really, a guy not reading directions? Get out of here!) and did it in the shade of a shop. Coating never cured and clouded the headlight over. Was a nightmare. I thought I destroyed the lights and was on the verge of buying the guy a new set. LOL All good now.

Now to hit the junk yard to buy some bad looking lights for some more testing vs. testing on another clients` car!! HA
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Thread Information