Thread: lost of my pet

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lost of my pet

Today had to put my cat to sleep. Man was it hard to make a decission like that. But anyway ive had her for 9 years her name was Callie. Her kidneys where shuting down and the vet said that she was not going to make it. So all you pet owners that has lost your pets due to illnesses like this and others my syphathy goes out for you. Its kinda like a human that has illnesses like that you know that they are in pain and they are suffering but sometimes its the best thing to do and that there in a better place now:angel :kneel
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean,
    I`m so sorry to hear of your loss.
    I`ve been down that road too many times myself, and it just doesn`t get any easier!!
    You`ll always have a place for her in your heart, but you should go on, confident that you did the right thing to not make her suffer anymore.
    Norah
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that clean. I would hate to lose my little daschund. I believe you are doing the right thing so as not to let her suffer.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so sorry to hear of your loss. :boohoo I have been in your shoes far too many times. It`s a heartbreaking ordeal, but often a necessary one. Remember the good times, and take comfort in the knowledge that you provided Callie with a loving home.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to hear it`s a rough decision
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    clean4u , sorry for your loss. I can relate your pain I to had to make the decission to put my cat down earlier this year after he was attcked by two dogs. It was one of the most difficult things I had to do I had that cat longer than I`ve been married , but in the end I felt better because I knew he wasn`t suffering. Again sorry for you loss , from someone who to is a cat lover.
    Doug Lucas
    The Detail Barn

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I`ve been around cats my entire life and each and everytime it is a hard thing to do / go through. Again sorry to hear about your loss.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that clean. I had to put my dog down so I know what you`re going thru. Please take comfort in the fact that you did the right thing and Callie isn`t suffering anymore. You love her and provided her with a good home. Try to take solace in that.:kneel
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    clean4u,
    Sorry for your loss. I have had cats for the last 40 years and it is a tough thing.
    I am sure you made the right decision. It is difficult to see a friend (pet) suffer.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Squeaky Wheels Get Grease msanta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My deepest sympathies, I know how it is when you get so attached to pets. They become your best friends, part of the family. No matter what, they always welcome you so nicely and love you unconditionally. They are the best therapy, the best thing to sooth you when you have a rough day. I have a mini schnauzer, he`s so loving and loyal, I don`t know what I am going to do when he leaves me. Is very tough loosing a pet, again my sympathies to you. They say you should get another pet to alliviate the transition. I hope you do...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks every one!!!! I can honestly say that people here at DC are GOOD PEOPLE!!!!! Thanks again for your responses and thoughts.Makes me feel better that i know i got people like yourselfs here that i can talk to about matters like this! Again Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Deepest Sympathy: my thoughts

You have my deepest sympathy!

I lost my Chow-Chow "Jack-Jack" in November. He died in my arms that night and it was harder than you can imagine.

Everyday I wish that I had that option so he would not have suffered. He was our rescue Chow-Chow used for Pit-Bull bait. Badly abused! Later in life, he developed hip dysplasia and was being treated. All that time for years he was OK.

One day, he just went lame. Didn`t and couldn`t walk. I knew then I had to put him down. It was killing me.

Then, that Sunday night, he yelped, I came downstairs and saw he was laying down and his bladder released. My wife came down and I told her "Jack`s dying, call the emergency vet". He had trouble breathing, then blood came from his mouth as he was licking his mouth several times. He was slowly dying. I could do nothing to stop his pain. He stopped breathing, rushed him to the emergency vet center and they pronounced him dead. They wrapped him in a quilt and I spent some time with him. I looked at him, his tounge hanging out and asked for his forgiveness that I could not help him from suffering. Next day, I had All Pets crematorium pick him up. I followed in my car. That day, I kept a some fur from Jack. I then spent my last time with him.

I know how much it hurts and how difficult it was for you. You HAVE to know it is and was the right thing at that time. Callie has now crossed over the rainbow bridge and you will meet up with her in time. Do not regret your actions! It`s more peaceful this way than watching anyone suffer. There are many websites devoted to pet loss and remebrance.

Our other 10 year old female Chow-Chow had back surgery in April and is doing OK, but when she lets me know it`s time, it will be very difficult as well.

God bless and take care!

Respectfully,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a fellow cat person I express my deepest sympathies to you...I could not imagine what I would do if something happened to Miles...He is nine so he is starting to get up there.

As a single person my cat is very important to me...he is always happy to see me come home and that makes me feel good...

The only thing I can recommend is to get another cat as soon as possible...that is what I did 9 1/2 years ago...please visit a no kill shelter or the humane society when you decide you are ready.

Todd
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Where did my title go? 00Ranger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss. I had to do the same thing last year with my 10yr old Rottie...one of the hardest things I have ever had to do:miss

Go and get yourself a new kitten when your ready......it will give you something to laugh at and to love .Hopefully help take your mind off your old friend.
    NXT..smells yummy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all!!!

Thread Information