Thread: P/U Bed Liners

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

P/U Bed Liners

Well, I thought I had made up my mind on a bed liner for the new truck. I was certain I was going to go with the Line-X product. But in the act of performing my due diligence, I came across a product of which I had a pevious misconception...the Bed Rug by Wise Industries. I thought this was a carpet product, suitable only for those beds that would be covered full-time by a topper or tonneau cover. Evidently this is far from the facts (or FAQs ). I am now leaning toward the Bed Rug. Does anyone here have one, and if so what has been your experience from installation to wear and tear.

Speaking of installation, they make it sound rather simple even for one man. I have the potential to have a small issue as I have 4 tie-downs at the bottom side-walls, for which I will have to make a cut in the material. The information says that so long as the cut is not near a seam, then this will cause no problems, short or long term, in the product`s performance.

Also interested if anyone is familiar with the website, truckaddons.com? The give all the appearance of being reputable, but we all know appearances can be deceiving.

Official Wax Waster atkinsonair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: P/U Bed Liners

I have seen one in a buddys truck, i also was looking at line x till i saw bedrug. I think im going to go that route myself.

Post Thanks / Like

i just went with the dealer installed bed liner i like it a lot because of the ridges at the bottom there is a lot of them so if there was some water whatever i put in there stays up and dry its a major plus for me.......and you cant beat the durability of them. I have heard its bad for the underneath but i like it better than the line x or any other spray on. I have never heard of the bed rug though

Post Thanks / Like

Line-X is indestructible!

After selling my concrete business, I sprayed about 1/4 bottle of RVP vinyl treatment hey! what ever happened to that stuff... DP, wasn`t it? in the bed of my P/U, let it soak overnight and rinsed with a hose. Looks like new. Two years of spilling gas, sliding concrete blocks, rebar and 2X8`s, and giving a daily dusting of portland cement and pea gravel failed to scratch, peel or dull the Line-X. Rhino Liner looks almost identical, maybe slightly thicker.

Bedrug looks like a quality product too. My buddies like theirs. My advice...DO NOT get any kind of plastic insert liner... big trouble.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

Have Line-x in my 05 Ford Super Duty . This is one tough lining. Never had a Bedrug. Plastic liners seem to wear out paint and promote rust from what I`ve seen of some friends trucks.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah in my previous truck I had a drop in plastic liner. In performed well for over a decade. No complaints really, but I know that there are better systems these days. One comment that the Bed Rug people make is how easy their liner is on the knees. I know that working in the truck bed on your knees with a plastic drop-in liner was never comfortable, and if you really couldn`t just toss things in w/o securing them, or they would be all over the truck bed. I can`t count the number of times I had an object slam into the front of the bed when I came to a stop.

Thread Information