Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

looking at back surgery

well some of you know my struggle with my back ...its been a few years of misery ..basically no detailing or much of anything ...im at the point of not being able to function . well i got an mri the other day and the ortho was shocked at what he saw compared to a year ago .. my l5/s1 disc is totally blown .. he is sending me for a discogram to test the disc and make sure this is where the pain is .. he is talking about fusion surgery and im ok with that . im on pain management and it just takes the edge off of the misery .. im going to physical therapy this week and they are going to try traction on me 3 times a week ... anyway im glad im heading for some real solutions .. i understand the risks of surgery but the surgeon is excellent and i have enough leave to cover the recovery time ......im going to finish putting my new car together this week even if it hurts because if they operate i wont be doing anything to compromise my recovery ....anyway thats whats going on with me ... has anyone here returned to detailing after this kind of surgery ? im hoping to my old self soon ....
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking at back surgery

Quote Originally Posted by bigron62 View Post
    well some of you know my struggle with my back ...its been a few years of misery ..basically no detailing or much of anything ...im at the point of not being able to function . well i got an mri the other day and the ortho was shocked at what he saw compared to a year ago .. my l5/s1 disc is totally blown .. he is sending me for a discogram to test the disc and make sure this is where the pain is .. he is talking about fusion surgery and im ok with that . im on pain management and it just takes the edge off of the misery .. im going to physical therapy this week and they are going to try traction on me 3 times a week ... anyway im glad im heading for some real solutions .. i understand the risks of surgery but the surgeon is excellent and i have enough leave to cover the recovery time ......im going to finish putting my new car together this week even if it hurts because if they operate i wont be doing anything to compromise my recovery ....anyway thats whats going on with me ... has anyone here returned to detailing after this kind of surgery ? im hoping to my old self soon ....
    BigRon I am sorry to here about your situation. I don`t guess you know when tha surgery will be, but keep us (Me)posted. I do have a friend who details.........He had his chest cracked open like a walnut to perform quad heart surgery. He was back in action in less than 6 months(really no choice, tha bills don`t quit) My Thoughts and Prayers Will be with you in this very difficult time

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Call me crazy, but is it me or is the deja vu? For some reason, I thought you already had surgery? Either that or I have become clairvoyant. Anyone up for a palm reading?

Good luck with the surgery...again...or this once...or....

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sorry/glad to hear Ron. Sorry to hear that you are having issues and more surgery, but glad that it will hopefully resolve your problems. Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

i was doing epidural injections buy they dont work anymore
    back in buisness baby

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent 18 month recovering after neck surgery 7 1/2 yrs ago.The disc at c4-c5 was ruptured and I was partially paralyzed on my left side within 30 days of it letting go.The epidurals did nothing for me,but the doc said dosing me was like dosing a bull.
    I still have a loss of mobility,but I stated our pressure washing company within a month of being released by the him and my employer.I still detail some,but I can pressure wash all day with minimal wear and tear to the old bones.
    I wish you the best of luck.Take it slow and get well I honestly don`t know how you have held off this long.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

thanks squirtgun ....ive held on because hmo does everything they can not to give effective treatment ...
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your back bigron but i`m glad your gonna get help and hopefully some relief. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from South Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Having severherrniation of l4-l5, l5-s1, I can understand what you`re going though.
    Good luck on whatever you choose. Make sure you have a good surgeon.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your back and the misery you`re going through.
    Good luck with your surgery and a speedy and healthy recovery.
    "I`m staying out of it."

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend was a roofer and had the same surgery, He said it was the best thing that he ever did. He stocks groceries now instead of roofing but is quite functional and pain free. Good luck with whatever you decide,TD

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you are going through I`m going in next month for artificial dics at L4 L5 I have had all the injections and that re sodomy but nothing worked.

I`m still recovering from prostrate surgery that I had a couple months ago.
    I have had one back operation 2 years ago and they are tuff to recover from but like you I have no choice but to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigron62 View Post
    I`ve had anterior & posterior fusion at L5S1 with good results. I was told by the Doc that did me that using your own bone for the graft is better, so I did (from fibula for the front & hip for the posterior). The recovery time was a little bit longer on these surgeries, and that`s due to all the bone work they do. I`ll very interested to hear back from you about the Discogram you`re having. Get Better!!

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the last few years I have joined the bad back club and it`s one of the worst pains I have ever experienced at times.

I hope this works out well for you. See if they can slip some bionic parts in there.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

had my back surgery in `86, but no fusion ... it took a few months of rehab to get back into detailing but doing washing and waxing dude made me actually feel better ... now using a machine is a whole other story ... good luck
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information