Post Thanks / Like

Well I`m In Trouble!

There is a new detailer running an ad on Criagslist, in my town

mobile auto detail

Can someone tell me what this is

remove minor scratchjs
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well I`m In Trouble!

Must be some supernatural forces that caused the scratches, thus making them into scratchjs. And man, what other way to get them out.... A damn magic clay bar. Riccardo has squat on them things. I used one on my old bike and poooooof, a freaking car appeared...... with NO scratchjs. It`s a miracle!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

We have those kind of "car wash people" here in my area on CL everyday calling themselves detailers. Real illiterate losers. I`m not sure who calls those people who can`t spell. Punctuation, spelling, and grammar are always what I look at when I search CL for a worthy service or product.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like he just took pictures at a cruise night or something and is passing them off as cars he`s done.
    There is another thread that I started a while back about these craigslist people and how they make us look bad.. there must be hundreds of these ads nationwide.
    Mark S.

"You may now return your stewardess to her original upright position"

Post Thanks / Like

Those are special scratches shaped like the letter j....sheesh.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Premium View Post
    We have those kind of "car wash people" here in my area on CL everyday calling themselves detailers. Real illiterate losers. I`m not sure who calls those people who can`t spell. Punctuation, spelling, and grammar are always what I look at when I search CL for a worthy service or product.
    I can`t speel that wehl ether but my detailing is improving. Anyone with some artistic creativity and a strong will can be a good detailerI am still a bit illiterate but I am no longer losing at the game of life. I am sure that clown is no threat but just a little contrast for your quality work to shine against.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet he has all the YouTube videos "how tos" . He uses them to refresh his skills when he is not studying how to spell!!!!
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    I bet he has all the YouTube videos "how tos" . He uses them to refresh his skills when he is not studying how to spell!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    There is a new detailer running an ad on Criagslist, in my town

mobile auto detail

Can someone tell me what this is

remove minor scratchjs
    I beleive with the state of the economy/layoffs we will all seeing alot more of t
    his.Maybe you could invite him/her to "THA CITY"? As far as there Grammar.My experience(Myself included) is that people who Detail cars for a LIVING (not you weekend warriors)do not have alot of formal education(maybe hi-school/ged)One of the smartest bussiness men I have ever met who owns Commercial Real Estate all over this Country only made it to 6th grade. So I guess what I`M trying to say is instead of bashing this person why don`t you reach out to them(unless your scared) It will come back to you in the long run.GOD/Karma which ever you may beleive in.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a bogus ad to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redwings97 View Post
    looks like a bogus ad to me
    No I called the guy, and left a VM he called back and wanted to know who I was...a guy calling about your CL ad...OH!!!

I asked about his services and he really couldn`t tell me much...I said your ad talks about $50 what is that?

Well we polish, and wax, clean the windows and do what ever else you want...at that point I had heard enough

I hear and see ad`s like this all the time and even more now with the way the jobless rate is...it only hurts the repuatation of the better detailers IMO...I know that Ron said that it brings biz to the better detailers...but IMO it taints the way some look at detailers...I`ve talked to some of those people..and I hate that fact that I have to convince them that`s not me...30 plus years at this...I should know what I`m doing!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

No I called the guy, and left a VM he called back and wanted to know who I was...a guy calling about your CL ad...OH!!!

I asked about his services and he really couldn`t tell me much...I said your ad talks about $50 what is that?

Well we polish, and wax, clean the windows and do what ever else you want...at that point I had heard enough

I hear and see ad`s like this all the time and even more now with the way the jobless rate is...it only hurts the repuatation of the better detailers IMO...I know that Ron said that it brings biz to the better detailers...but IMO it taints the way some look at detailers...I`ve talked to some of those people..and I hate that fact that I have to convince them that`s not me...30 plus years at this...I should know what I`m doing!
    Why not just post DETAILCITY.ORG on his ad.I thought we were here to help not make fun of.I actually like tha Newbies better than most of Tha so called experts (Weekend Warriors)

Post Thanks / Like

And exactly how many customers do you think he`s gonna get?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    And exactly how many customers do you think he`s gonna get?
    Ron,

they maybe only one time details / wash hack jobs...but there are plenty that will line up to learn that 50 buck lesson...Of those that do, in some ways they become tainted about detailers and their practices...I`ve talked to some of those lesson learners and its a real push to convince them how different you are from what they just had done.

Then there are the some that will be happy as a clam at high tide about his service and work...look at the tunnel car washes on the weekends...the ones around here are packed!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information