Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight??

I have a local store front here in NO CA and they send me weekly flier on what they have for sale and on sale / discounted...this last ad...was like a magazine...tons of stuff...some of it looks cheap, but the there is also lots of great looking buys...I plan on going up there this weekend to have a look...I`m in the market for a new rotary and maybe a new PC.

Anyone been in one of their stores or brought much threw them?

Comments on quality and all thanks!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight??

Incredible no questions asked replacement plans, the quality is average at best the prices you can`t beat. They have so many things I find myself there at least once a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerndetail View Post
    Incredible no questions asked replacement plans, the quality is average at best the prices you can`t beat. They have so many things I find myself there at least once a week.
    So you have a store front?

It looks like one of those places that I could waste some time and money in!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a steamer for $100+$20 for 2year protection plan and I love it. I bought all of my compressors there, I`m yet to buy any power tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Beemerboy when you go look for Collinite 845 also great deals on it also i thank $4 to $7.
    I KNOW I NEED SOME HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerndetail View Post
    I just bought a steamer for $100+$20 for 2year protection plan and I love it. I bought all of my compressors there, I`m yet to buy any power tools.
    Thanks thats interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    Beemerboy when you go look for Collinite 845 also great deals on it also i thank $4 to $7.
    Will do have been waiting to try that...I have a truck that sits out side now so I want the best protection that I can get!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one about 30 miles away. I go there, but not as often as a guy wants to. I bought their variable speed rotary. It`s ok. Not the best, but it works for what I use it for. I had a Dewalt, but never used it. Sold it, then started getting RV`s and Boats. Said I would just spend a little to get a cheapy rotary.
    My next purchase from there would be a small compressor for my van. Maybe a 2 gallon, oil-less one. Seen a few other goodies I want.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

I shop at Harbor Freight but....I only buy things on sale and with coupons. Also, everything in there is made in China so if you understand that their quality of tools is not the highest, it`s a good place to shop. If you expect high quality, you`re setting yourself up for disappointment.
    ie: I picked up a set of funnels, orange in color, for something like .79 for 5 funnels of different sizes. I used one of those funnels to transfer product from a gallon jug to a 32 oz bottle. Well, after the use, I was washing the funnel and it cracked. Perhaps I gripped it too hard, perhaps I sneezed in its direction, maybe I looked at it too hard, whatever the reason, it cracked. Well, .79 cents for 5 funnels, did I expect Rubbermaid? No.
    Lower your expectations in there and it`s a fine place to buy certain things.
    That being said, I go there almost every week.
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

I have shopped at Harbor Freight, but.... I only buy things on sale. Also, everything in there is made in China so if you understand that their quality of tools is not the highest, it`s a good place to shop. If you expect high quality, you`re setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Lower your expectations in there and it`s a fine place to buy certain things.
    That being said, the one thing I have purchased there, a 2 HP, 8 gal. air compressor has worked fine for over 7 years. $99 for 115 PSI, 5 CFM @ 90 PSI, 7 CFM @ 40 PSI was too good to pass up. It is used mostly for tire inflation, blowing out interiors and occasional running of a 3/8" air impact. Still works great so I guess I got my money`s worth. I go there about every 3 years.

Gary:

Thanks for saving me a lot of typing.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a store front here, and I buy lots of things from there. I have had a few problems with some of the items I purchused, but was able to return them with no problem. You can`t go wrong with the smalll things like hand tools and misc garage items, but with the bigger tools and machines it`s like anywhere else you get what you pay for.
    Danny J. Whitehead

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I think Harbor Freight is the home of the infamous $25 or $30 Chicago rotary. I think the price is usually about $40, but they sometimes have it discounted to the lower price. It isn`t a Makita, but several people that only have occasional use for a rotary seem to make it work.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the infamous Chicago Rotary and it was....er......OK to learn on. The RPMs sink way low if you put any pressure on it at all, but it was a good learning tool. Now that I have a Makita, I use the Chicago for pad washing and drying.
    I paid $19.00 with a coupon plus a %-off coupon. Well worth it
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Post Thanks / Like

I was mainly interested in HF for extra stuff. and to see what quality of tools they have...I do want a new rotary but I know the one that I have eyed for sometime now...but it looks like a place I can get some good bottles, funnels, some hand tools, etc...more odds and ends.

plus waste a ton of time looking ....like a kid in a candy store

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a local storefront. It is a good place for "cheap" hand tools. I hesitate to call them "inexpensive", though I can`t state either with any long term experience.

I pick up boxes of nitrile gloves and leather work gloves from them at very reasonable prices when they are on sale. I`ve also picked up boxes of single edged razor blades and a number of other products that I can`t seem to recall as I type this.

As already mentioned, they have some Collinite products available, though I`ve never purchased them.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a storefront here in Harrisburg PA and IMO it is a fun place to go and browse around, I have purchased the collinite IW there for $15 a bottle they also carry super double coat paste wax by collinite for $13. I found some microfiber waffle weave drying towels for $3 each so I bought all they had, I bought an engine stand, hydraulic floor jack, hydraulic creeper seat, 18 volt cordless drill for $40 that will work beside any milwaukee or makita drill as far as torque goes but it`s a little noisy (bearing noise), It is a place to go odds and ends stuff too IE:casters,clamps,bungees,tarps and the like. Whatever you do don`t buy the blue painters tape unless you want to be removing a lot of adhesive from your jobs. the hand tools have a bit to be desired but fine for the guy who does`nt really use tools hard(not me). They have a very nice selection of air tools and accessories. Hope this was helpfull, Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information