Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Knives should be banned !!!

BANG !!!

Bronx teenager puts bookbag on BMW, gets slashed by driverBY EDGAR SANDOVAL and ALISON GENDAR
    DAILY NEWS POLICE BUREAU

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 9:55 PM

A 16-year-old Bronx teen was slashed ear-to-ear Wednesday by a driver who went berserk when the teen put his bookbag on the hood of the man`s prized BMW.

Tenth-grader Gabriel Quinones was at a Throgs Neck bus stop on his way to school when he plunked his bag on the hood of a gray BMW parked on Hutchinson River Parkway East.

The outraged driver jumped out of the car and started screaming at Quinones.

When the teen talked back, the driver pulled a knife and stabbed him once in the chest and slashed him five to six times across the face and neck, police sources said.

"I can`t believe the guy did this over a backpack, putting it on a car!" said Quinones` 78-year-old grandmother, Gabriela Gomez.

Quinones, a sopxxxxre at the Bronx Center for Science and Mathematics, was in critical, but stable condition at Jacobi Medical Center.

"They said he died and came back to life," the victim`s grandmother said, as she pantomimed her grandson`s wounds by dragging her finger across her own throat.

"His eyes are open but he can`t talk."

A quick-thinking witness jotted down the car`s license-plate number,and police traced the 2005 BMW X5 to Kayanne Ferguson, 29, of the Bronx.

The driver got a lawyer and told Bronx detectives he would turn himself in, but did not immediately do so.

"To do this to a kid, over something so minor - the kid is lucky to be alive," a police source said.

Theteen was stabbed shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday at a bus stop nearPublic School 160. Several parents of elementary-school children sawthe bloody aftermath.

"He was ... sitting with blood on his face," said Cecilio Valle, 50, who had just dropped his 9-year-old son off at PS 160.

Gabriel was neatly dressed in his school`s uniform - dark blue pants and a light blue dress shirt.

Valleat first thought the teen had fallen and hurt himself, but he soonlearned that what had happened was no childhood accident.

"It`s crazy. It was a kid!"

Gabriel`s father, Martin, said his son was a quiet kid who never ran with a rough crowd.

"He`sa good kid. We play paintball sometimes. He goes to school and staysout of trouble," the Metropolitan Transportation Authority employeesaid.

"I`m working all night when I get a call that this had happened. I can`t even imagine. ... I`m just glad my kid survived."

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Knives should be banned !!!

how would we eat steak

he`s lucky the guy didn`t have a gun ..bang !!!
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Steve that`s called protecting your property
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he should not have been an idiot and talked back at the driver. I would say that some of those kids can really talk big until they get faced with something. Then they just start to cry.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bet his BMW was trash with alot of swirls on it before that poor kid put his bag on it. Sorry SOB that had to do that to the teen. It doesn`t matter, it`s just a material thing. Hope he gets a long time in prison and get suit for his stupid actions............
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ownage on the word filter - sopxxxxre - blocks out xxxx.

Yeah, I don`t think anyone without the adequate and proper training should be able to carry a knife. We should also ban assault knives.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing teenagers he probly ran his mouth and didnt think of the consuqences
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    guess how many donuts i can, uh, um never mind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    Nice ownage on the word filter - sopxxxxre - blocks out xxxx.

Yeah, I don`t think anyone without the adequate and proper training should be able to carry a knife. We should also ban assault knives.
    especially in public!

Quote Originally Posted by 86AE86 Kid View Post
    Knowing teenagers he probly ran his mouth and didnt think of the consuqences
    prefect reason to slash his up?

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

idk you got me there
    guess how many donuts i can, uh, um never mind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    how would we eat steak

If it would need a knife to cut, you would have to take it to a licenzsed knife user.

Safe knife classes would have to offered to people tht wanted to own their own knives. Each knife would have to be registered.

Knives would have to be locked in a knife safe and have a hand lock as well to make sure children could not use them. If a child got his hand on the knife it would be a mandatory 2 year sentance.

Post Thanks / Like

If it would need a knife to cut, you would have to take it to a licenzsed knife user.

Safe knife classes would have to offered to people tht wanted to own their own knives. Each knife would have to be registered.

Knives would have to be locked in a knife safe and have a hand lock as well to make sure children could not use them. If a child got his hand on the knife it would be a mandatory 2 year sentance.
    Ron.....Don`t forget about knife racks for pickup trucks!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I don`t believe in a knife ban.
    2. I don`t believe in a gun ban.
    3. I also don`t believe the way to prevent this kind of thing from happening is for everyone to start carrying a gun whenever they leave their house.
    Of course if the kid had been packing, he could have defended himself and shot the owner of the vehicle. Then again if the driver had been carrying, he could have shot the kid.
    Better yet if they both had guns they could have shot each other. To go even further if they both had fully automatic weapons, they could have shot each other and probably a whole bunch of people and made front page news.
    Then again if they had both had taken gun courses and were properly trained, they could have just shot each other and not harmed anyone else.
    But if they were both as lousy of marksmen as I read most people are, they would most likely not hit anything.

I forget, what was the point of this thread to begin with?

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post

I forget, what was the point of this thread to begin with?
    I don`t think there was one.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

Hope the kid is OK. As much as we all like fine cars, this is an over-the-top crazy reaction! I did a lot dumber stuff than scratching someone`s car when I was that age.

Regarding my smart-mouth affliction... I`d like to take this opportunity to publicly thank USMC Drill Instructor SSgt. Malcolm James for kicking the sh*t out of me when I needed it most at Parris Island, SC, in 1970.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

I dont believe any words exist that when spoken justifies a throat slashing...kid was probably embarrassed at getting taken to task by the driver in front of his buddies and mouthed back to try and save his "image".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information