Thread: I`m moving

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m moving

To South Lake Tahoe

By or before the end of July. If work sems to drop off before then I`ll probably just pack up and say "See ya!" I`m going up sometime next week to make a deposit on a place and introduce my dog to the landlord, and spend a good day or two handing out cards, posting flyers everywhere to try and drum up business. I won`t be doing much detailing I imagine during the winter, but I`m going to get hooked up with a job at Kirkwood during the winter months.

I can`t wait, there`s SO much to do there year round and like NOTHING at all here. Sonoma County`s great for raising kids and such, but I`m ready for a different scene, different people, and everything is waaaaaay more laid back up there. The cost of living isn`t bad, and I`m going to live eless than a mile from a few friends and shopping, so I`ll walk/bike a lot of places.
    Part of me feels a bit scared, but I blame others for making me feel that way Most everyone thinks it`s not the best choice, they say things like "You know it snows there and you can`t do much detailing in the winter"... No really? I thouht they only got light dustings of snow But a few others think it`s a good move in the long run, as do I.
    I don`t get many helping hands around here and I know I`ll have to make it on my own up there, I`m not really worried about it. I`m not planning on getting rich up there, I just want to go somewhere different, but if the money comes, well

I guess this post ended up longer than I expected, but thanks for reading, and wish me luck

Dolan
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m moving

Sounds cool to me.

Good luck bro

Post Thanks / Like

This is good news now I have someone that I can hook up with for the evening during the winter when I go skiing

Dolsn I wish you all the best it will be a great move for you, your at a great age to do this and the winters up there are a blast!!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

good luck . tahoe has a nice feel .. you will do fine
    back in buisness baby

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hope for the best. Expect the worst and take what you make of it. It sounds like a great life challenge that I am sure that you are up to the task. Have fun and good luck!!(I write this with a little bit of envy )
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on the move and with business!

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

I was out here 4 years ago for a week, where about is the place you getting? We were at the Super 8 just inside Cali, walking distance to the cassinos. Wife grand parents were west of there about a mile 2 blocks off the lake, just west of where the highway went south.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it you are a young, single guy. If you are unhappy with your current location, then move. I wish you good luck.

I myself would never relocate out of the state of Texas. I was born here, and barring some unforseen circumstances I will die here. I am a Texan (and dang proud of it ). Thus I don`t quite understand your desire to leave, but I don`t have to.

One negative I see is being removed from family. I don`t know how old your parents/grand-parents are, but even if you don`t feel you need them (for support), they may need you for various reasons. My grand-parents have passed on, but as they grew older, I was glad to be able to drive 10-20 minutes across town to see them, and I would like to think that it was comforting to them as well. My parents are growing older as well, and I am glad to be here to help them with the things they need help with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I take it you are a young, single guy. If you are unhappy with your current location, then move. I wish you good luck.

I myself would never relocate out of the state of Texas. I was born here, and barring some unforseen circumstances I will die here. I am a Texan (and dang proud of it ). Thus I don`t quite understand your desire to leave, but I don`t have to.

One negative I see is being removed from family. I don`t know how old your parents/grand-parents are, but even if you don`t feel you need them (for support), they may need you for various reasons. My grand-parents have passed on, but as they grew older, I was glad to be able to drive 10-20 minutes across town to see them, and I would like to think that it was comforting to them as well. My parents are growing older as well, and I am glad to be here to help them with the things they need help with.
    Mr.Clean

He is not moving that far away...Tahoe is about 3 to 4 hours drive and into a very nice area of CA / NV

Your right Dolan is a young strapping single, and ready to go see the world...at his age I lived in the CA mountains and looking back that was some of the best days of my life...I`d bet he will think the same!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea where LikeaRock is from. I just took it from the post that it was a considerable distance. Not a knock on LikeaRock, but a move 3 hours away doesn`t seem like something to make much ado about.

Repeating myself, good luck to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I had no idea where LikeaRock is from. I just took it from the post that it was a considerable distance. Not a knock on LikeaRock, but a move 3 hours away doesn`t seem like something to make much ado about.

Repeating myself, good luck to him.
    We are both in the same area..Sonoma County, CA

About 45 miles north of San Fran

I go to Tahoe to ski up and back in one day...its a long day but possible...also I would bet that his parents and friends will be up a lot in the winter to saty the night

Here is a link to a site that shows some pics of the area...its really a great area...I`m not sure what side of the lake he will be on but both are nice.....the lake is about 70 miles all the way around

Lake Tahoe lodging, hotels, ski resorts, weddings and vacations - GoTahoeNorth

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck to you. I have never been there but would love to go. Moving can be very stressful. Hopefully you will get some business quickly and post pictures of your work with some great background scenery!

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cwcad- That`s exactly my take on things. I figure I can`t count on the worst not happening, but hopefully things won`t go that way I try to be as optimistic as possible in any situation, this move feels good and I know I can make it if I want to. There`s tons of opportunity up there

Mr Clean: I am single, I only have my dog to look after so I figure it`s best to do it now while I can. There`s one girl I`ve been talking too but things haven`t really gone far, and I origonally thought my friends were enough to keep me here but not now... Some of them are just trying to do their own thing and I respect them for that, but that doesn`t mean we can`t hang out anymore Others seem not not want to go anywhere and aren`t doing anything, and I don`t want to drag myself down into that.

Randall: The place I`m probably moving into is going towards Emerald Bay. Say you`re on 50 going towards Nevada, you go straight on 89 instead of turning right to follow highway 50. It`s about a mile past the Y.

I talked to my mom today (first time I`ve seen her in 2 years, but we talk all the time over the phone), I asked her if she`d be willing to split half of my rent with my dad, leaving to other half up to me. I need to see what my dad says but if he`s game then that wil be a HUGE help. I told my mom I`d keep 12+ units in school as long as they`d both help me out. That`d really make things easier on me while I`m getting settled too. I `m not one to ask the parentals for any help financially but it never hurts to ask once in a great while, right? I figure the school deal will give them more initiative to help too. I`ve been thinking about this move for almost 6 months and have been back and forth enough times to know that I LOVE it up there. I grew up in the hills and got snowed in every year, it`s kinda fun
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Thread Information