Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Is anyone else enjoying watching Detroit thump on Colorado?

Boy, I know I am enjoying it. I`ve been a loyal Redwings fan ever since I first started watching hockey twenty years ago. We have a lot of Avs fans around here, so I try to keep my enthusiasm low key. That doesn`t stop me from partying when the game is on. They are in Colorado tonight after wiping the walls with the Avs 5 to 1 on Saturday, so it should be a great game. If anyone wants to watch a real hockey game against two of the best rivals in the NHL, then tonights game is the game to watch. GO WINGS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is anyone else enjoying watching Detroit thump on Colorado?

I would think being out in Utah you would be a Avs fan...I used to be a fan of them when they were the Nordiques...

I was a big fan of the Failures (Whalers) before they left Hartford...so I don`t watch much hockey anymore...but congrats on the win...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

That`s what people assume. You have to remember that I`m not from here originally. My family is all back east. I enjoyed watching the Stars play while I lived in Dallas, but I only really enjoyed it when the Wings came to town to thump on them. Dallas has a great brawling team that is really fun to watch. I moved out here and just couldn`t get into the Avs thing since they are such rivals of my favorite team. Fortunately for me hockey is basically nonexistent around here. Nobody cares about hockey while the Utah choke artists ..er... I mean Utah Jazz are in the playoffs. The Jazz will disappoint everybody again soon enough and then they can turn their attention to hockey. By that time the Avs will have been properly put to bed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello - Yes - big time fan of the Wings - hence my forum name. LOL

They really have to play tough tonight and get that first goal and quiet the crowds. Maybe the Mule will stay on his hot streak and grab another goal or two. I actually think they will be targeting him which will free up Dats and Hank to get rolling.

GO Wings!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had to look NHL up. I guess you`re talking about hockey? Isn`t that the sport where you use a long putter to hit cow pies across the ice? C`mon the NBA play offs are on.

j/k Red Wings rock. Now where are they from? By the way what Jngrbrdman said about the Jazz is pretty accurate. I expect they`ll lose tonight only to come home and lose on their home court and then head back to Houston for their finish.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

4-2 at the end of the second period. It is time to get the broom ready for this round. I think the Avs are done. If they can`t pull it together on their home ice after two thrashings then I really don`t think it is going to happen for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d just like to rub that 4-3 victory in the noses of any Avs fans who are still stinging from last night`s victory. That was a good hockey game. Colorado did a good job of trying to rally at the end. Absolute slaughters are fun to watch, but a tight game with (for hockey) high scores on both sides is almost more fun I think. You don`t get the nervousness when it is 7 to 0 or something. A close game where there is a possibility that it will go into OT is so much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Kept me up to 12:30 last night - but I am certainly not complaining. Did I call it - Pav and Hank got rolling last night and the Mule got another goal.... 1 more --- and it looks like Dallas will be next up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh.... the sweet smell of victory. I don`t care what game you play, but when you thump on your opponent and quadruple their score (tonights game was 8-2) then that is a slaughter. It couldn`t have happened to a nicer team either. I am so primed and ready for the final match!! This will be another great year for the Wings.

Post Thanks / Like

GO Wings!!! - It was like they were playing a college hockey team last night. Colorado didn`t even show up, not like the other 3 games. I was so tired of hearing how banged up Colorado is, yet we made it to the Conference Finals last year w/o Kronwall, Schneider, Kopescky (sp)... Waaaahhh waaahhh - the poor banged up avalanche.

Post Thanks / Like

That is true. They kept talking about how many are on the injured list. How in the world did they ever make it to the second round if they are so wounded? Why don`t they just call it what it is and say that they don`t have what it takes to bring down the Wings? Detroit hasn`t polished the Stanley Cup for a few years now and they are ready to bring it back home where I think it is probably most familiar.

Post Thanks / Like

DIE, PENGUINS! DIE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

The Wings are back in Detroit on Monday night to finish up the series and put another mark on the Stanley Cup! I tell ya, it feels good to have your team win again. Being a Detroit fan is pretty easy since they will usually make it into the playoffs and get the conference title, but to have them go all the way is really the best part. I`m surrounded by Jazz fans that curse the people who are sick of seeing the Jazz choke every year like they did this year. I would just find it really really difficult to remain a fan of a team that always lets me down when I know they have it in them to take the title. The Jazz are the NBA version of the Red Sox I think. lol

GO WINGS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a Rangers fan but a HUGE hockey fan.
    I thought Pit looked tough but the wings look twice as good.

GO WINGS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    DIE, PENGUINS! DIE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

The Wings are back in Detroit on Monday night to finish up the series and put another mark on the Stanley Cup! I tell ya, it feels good to have your team win again. Being a Detroit fan is pretty easy since they will usually make it into the playoffs and get the conference title, but to have them go all the way is really the best part. I`m surrounded by Jazz fans that curse the people who are sick of seeing the Jazz choke every year like they did this year. I would just find it really really difficult to remain a fan of a team that always lets me down when I know they have it in them to take the title. The Jazz are the NBA version of the Red Sox I think. lol

GO WINGS!!!
    Isn`t it ironic how Detroit doesn`t even appreciate the Redwings because they have been so successful over the past decade. When 2008 Stanley Cup tickets went on sale to the public detroit news teams were reporting a whopping 6 fans waiting in line. What a great testament to a team with such a rich hockey history.

I give it up to the Redwings for what they`ve accomplished this year. The Penguins didn`t show up for the final round. Not trying to steal any thunder away from the Redwings. They`ve earned what they`ve gotten. As hyped as this series was fans around the world were expecting for fireworks but got sparklers.

Post Thanks / Like

This sereis definitely didn`t pan out unless PIT shows up some how.

I would just like to see Hockey come back and get some more fans and have it rated above NASCAR or Cage Fighting.
    POLLEN is Evil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information