Post Thanks / Like

Superbowl 2/7/21

That time again. Your pick.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Superbowl 2/7/21

Let`s just say this is not a good year for Green Bay Packer fans (me!) or Buffalo Bills fans.

On another Super Bowl note, a lot of big-name corporations will not be advertising during the Super Bowl and will be spending those ad-dollars on COVID-19 awareness and "other" issues. it is one of the few times I look forward to watching TV ads and the creative abilities of ad agencies and corporations, sometimes as much as the game itself. Then again, is it a good reminder that there are more important things in life and society right now than a football game.
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda `ironical` that this is the first time one of the participant`s has a true home field advantage...and will be playing in a mostly empty stadium. Strange times indeed.

Woulda enjoyed seeing the Packers-Chiefs matchup a la` Super Bowl 1 but not in the cards.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on sports years ago. All the garbage that goes on with these players is pathetic.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

the superbowl is fixed guys. Tampa bay? are you telling me tom brady is in the superbowl again? man what a joke

Post Thanks / Like

When Brady was with the patriots I always routed against him because of the all the winning that occurred in Mass/Boston area. But I have eased up on Brady an realized how great he is and have watch a few games this season. It really is unbelievable that he is 43 playing in NFL. I’m going 38-35 Tampa, with the chiefs getting off to a fast start and Brady having a good second half reeling the chiefs in.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@padetailer I see this thread is quite the tradition I’ll have to go back and check some you old Super Bowl prediction threads
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I gave up on sports years ago. All the garbage that goes on with these players is pathetic.
    It IS vastly different from how it even used to be in the 60`s..

Now, we have the kneeler-disrespecting-the-National Anthem-Flag people..

And easily worse, does not Anyone know how to Tackle anymore??? It is so pathetic.. Look, I`m just going to put 1 skinny arm out there and see if I can stop that running full speed running back... So sad...

Even in High School, our Coach told us we had to put our headgear (facemask) into the runner`s chest and drive him backwards - every time -.. And we did it..

Now, these millionaires barely do anything out there...

Already deleted the NBA, MLB, and pretty soon, the last of these wanna-be jocks, that are way, way, overpaid for the little they contribute to what was once a great sport..

Maybe it IS all going to be like Big Time Wrestling is today...
    Dan F
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When "analytics" (IE, highly developed computer programs) make coaching decisions, it ain`t sports; it`s Artificial Intelligence, and I do mean "artificial."
    Video review has taken the "human element" of referees and officials making rules infraction or allowable/legal play decisions out of their hands and into the "booth review". Yes, NOTHING is missed now and the "correct call" is verified because so much money is riding on the line in professional sports games today, including sports betting, not to mention player contract performance bonuses and incentives. It just slows the ebb and flow and momentum of game play today for ALL professional sports.

As someone once said, "The only true sports are motor sport racing and track-and-field; the rest are all games."

side note: If you watched the 2021 NFC Football Championship Game in Green Bay, you may be questioning why GB head-coach Matt LeFleur went for a 3-point field goal on forth down and goal from the 8-yard line rather than allow the offense one more chance to try to score a touch down and then go for a two-point conversion in an attempt to tie the game score at 31 with 2:14 left in the game, and hope the defense would do its part and get the ball back or at least send the game into overtime. His post game comment was, "It just did not work out".
    Apparently, his analytic computer did not want a street near Lambeau Field named after him like Super Bowl game-winning GB head coaches Lombardi, Holmgren, and McCarthy have. (Sounds more like a lament, Packer fan Captain Obvious!)... At least I AM Captain Obvious!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    When "analytics" (IE, highly developed computer programs) make coaching decisions, it ain`t sports; it`s Artificial Intelligence, and I do mean "artificial."
    Video review has taken the "human element" of referees and officials making rules infraction or allowable/legal play decisions out of their hands and into the "booth review". Yes, NOTHING is missed now and the "correct call" is verified because so much money is riding on the line in professional sports games today, including sports betting, not to mention player contract performance bonuses and incentives. It just slows the ebb and flow and momentum of game play today for ALL professional sports.

As someone one said, "The only true sports are motor sport racing and track-and-field; the rest are all games."
    Well I’m just sick of players dropping passes...well your a packers fan you know what I mean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    It IS vastly different from how it even used to be in the 60`s..

Now, we have the kneeler-disrespecting-the-National Anthem-Flag people..
    Methinks `ol Art Donovan would dissaprove of today`s game.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom terrific for the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Let`s go Tompa Brady

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Also. I would have bet the under on 5 posts for this thread to turn political. What do I win? Nothing Superbowl 2/7/21

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information