Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Brave One

Post Thanks / Like

The Brave One

with/jodi foster. left me spechless. most gripping and powerfull movie i have seen. bar none.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Brave One

just watched it last night myself, yes real good movie..
    another one i watched that is real good is 3:10 to Yuma... real good western!
    2002 Toyota Tundra TRD 4x4
    2000 Honda CRV Sport

All who wander are not lost...

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could agree with you guys. I watched The Brave One after u posted this and thought it was too depressing and a bit slow for me.

3:10 to Yuma left me a bit perplexed too. I had a hard time believing that Crowe being who he was would do what he did killing his own guys at the end like that. Sorry I guess I am a little hard to please with movies sometimes.

Now Bee Movie on the other hand..... Wait a minute that one really stunk. So did We Own the Night.

These people make bad movies and still make millions. Hard to do that in the detailing industry.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Godfather 1 and 2 are great movies.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

You want to see a good movie go to I Am Legend. Now that`s a good movie. That`s the only movie I can remember really liking at the theaters recently.

I went to Rambo the other day and it was very graphic. Body parts flying everywhere. Actually a believeable movie though IMO. Sly is at his best when he doesn`t say much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    I wish I could agree with you guys. I watched The Brave One after u posted this and thought it was too depressing and a bit slow for me.

3:10 to Yuma left me a bit perplexed too. I had a hard time believing that Crowe being who he was would do what he did killing his own guys at the end like that. Sorry I guess I am a little hard to please with movies sometimes.

Now Bee Movie on the other hand..... Wait a minute that one really stunk. So did We Own the Night.

These people make bad movies and still make millions. Hard to do that in the detailing industry.
    I agree Troy. The first hour of the Brave One was a snore fest. The second hour picked up a bit, but still not a movie I would recommend.

I didn`t think that 3:10 was believable either. I didn`t bother with the Bee Movie. I have We Own The Night on Blu-Ray to watch. No good, huh? That stinks. At least I get to look at Eva!

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine here is a member of the screen actor guild he had a uncut DVD copy of No Country for Old Men.....that was one interesting movie, very graphic if you like that stuff...he also has the 310 to Yuma as well but haven`t had the chance to watch
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Though I have not see the "The Brave One or 3:10 to Yuma" not to much in the Blood and guts gore stuff but will and do watch em`.

The moves that I saw at the movies that had a lasting impression on me were:
    History of the World: Part 1
    Blazing Saddles
    Beercan

Post Thanks / Like

You want to see a good movie go to I Am Legend. Now that`s a good movie. That`s the only movie I can remember really liking at the theaters recently.

I went to Rambo the other day and it was very graphic. Body parts flying everywhere. Actually a believeable movie though IMO. Sly is at his best when he doesn`t say much.
    Never did care for Will Smith at all. Besides, who wants to see a movie with only one person in it for the majority of it? (As was explained in the review). I can`t take 5 minutes of him much less an entire movie......ugh....Plus he always wants to stick his kids in his movies. What a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlift View Post
    Never did care for Will Smith at all. Besides, who wants to see a movie with only one person in it for the majority of it? (As was explained in the review). I can`t take 5 minutes of him much less an entire movie......ugh....Plus he always wants to stick his kids in his movies. What a joke.

To each his own. I didn`t really start liking Will until the last two movies he`s made. Pursuit of Happyness and I Am Legend. The others I could do without.

So you`re not a Will Smith fan. What movies/actors do you like?

BTW, although I didn`t really like The Brave One, Panic Room was one that I liked quite a bit. I thought that was Jody Foster`s best movie.

My husband is always right! Sheila@detailcity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Troy. Brave One left me empty. I found it depressing and dark. I have never understood why people are so drawn to big cities like NY, anyway...I have been there twice and hated it both times!!

Guess I am just a country/med size city girl who likes the outdoors, but nice stores too!! And what is up with the winter thing??? Got to see the sun!

I liked 3:10 to Yuma. I liked I Am legend. It was gripping and very suspenseful.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m not trying to sound like a film elitist, but most people have been over exposed to too many flashy movies to know when an actual good film comes around. There`s more than explosions or constant interaction when it comes to good film making. A lot of movies are slow and dark because they need to be. I thought The Brave One did a fantastic job of telling a story of a woman who overcame very traumatic events that happened in her life in a very unique way. Cloverfield was another great movie that broke the mold on monster movies. The first person point of view filming was brilliant and it ended the way it needed to. Even if you hate Will Smith, I am Legend was a fantastic movie. It had some of the best character development I`ve seen in a long time. A lot of people didn`t like the ending, but it was necessary if you look at what his character stood for. Most of the movies I go to are ones that intrigue me. I want to have to think and pay attention to even the smallest details to get what`s going on. I hate to have to dumb it down just to enjoy a movie because the director wanted huge explosions or flashy effects. IMO, that`s just covering up for a lack of talent.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy View Post
    I`m not trying to sound like a film elitist, but most people have been over exposed to too many flashy movies to know when an actual good film comes around. There`s more than explosions or constant interaction when it comes to good film making. A lot of movies are slow and dark because they need to be. I thought The Brave One did a fantastic job of telling a story of a woman who overcame very traumatic events that happened in her life in a very unique way. Cloverfield was another great movie that broke the mold on monster movies. The first person point of view filming was brilliant and it ended the way it needed to. Even if you hate Will Smith, I am Legend was a fantastic movie. It had some of the best character development I`ve seen in a long time. A lot of people didn`t like the ending, but it was necessary if you look at what his character stood for. Most of the movies I go to are ones that intrigue me. I want to have to think and pay attention to even the smallest details to get what`s going on. I hate to have to dumb it down just to enjoy a movie because the director wanted huge explosions or flashy effects. IMO, that`s just covering up for a lack of talent.
    I was really looking forward to Cloverfield when it came out. Sheila warned me that it was filmed like that but I thought they would make it work. Well IMO they didn`t.

That movie was seriously annoying to watch. The camera was tilted at an angle half the time which got on my nerves. I walked out severely dissapointed and with a headache from trying to watch it. Interesting concept but poorly done if you ask me.

I go to a movie to get entertained and I have been known to enjoy a "dumbed down" one here and there. The last Die Hard Movie was a perfect example. Not believable at all but very well done and entertaining.

My favorite movies, I have metioned this on here before, are the inspirational ones like "Remember the Titans", "Miracle", "Pursuit of Happyness".... oh yeah and "Troy"

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own. I didn`t really start liking Will until the last two movies he`s made. Pursuit of Happyness and I Am Legend. The others I could do without.

So you`re not a Will Smith fan. What movies/actors do you like?

BTW, although I didn`t really like The Brave One, Panic Room was one that I liked quite a bit. I thought that was Jody Foster`s best movie.
    The last memorable movie I saw was Starship Babylon/Razor. I really enjoyed it, especially the scene where the CO (a woman) shoots her lieutenant for not carrying out a direct order in the middle of a war...with HIS sidearm! (talk about a tough lady!). ..(and I never go to the movies, I always wait and rent them...don`t like the whole movie theatre experience..too noisy and interrupting and expensive).

I don`t like alot of big name actors, alot of them just give me the creeps. I like science fiction, special effects, movies with alot going on. Tommy Lee Jones is an actor who I can stomach. Watched him last night in "In the valley of Elah" where he tries to reconstruct the way his iraq veteran son died. Also, I really liked the Napoleon Dynamite movie....kind of weird and funny. And I can only watch ANY movie just once. I think it is a complete waste of time to watch it over and over. That`s just me I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am just to easy to please because IMO Jodie Foster has never made a bad picture. Some where just better than others. "Silence of the Lambs" comes to mind. "How about "Nell"? Wasn`t she in "Taxi" or "Taxi Driver" with Bob deNiro?

I like movies that give me an emotional feeling. "Rudy" is a good example of feeling good about the way a movie should go. "Predator" had great character development for the entire cast. I know I definitely was frightened of the Preditor. The movie "As Good as It Gets" showed just how much range Jack Nicholsen really has as an actor. Of course he played off of Hellen Hunt who is a much underated actress. Then there is always "The ShawShank Redemption" Which is loaded with characters, story and a great ending.

I mention all these movies because I consider them all entertaining. I also mention them because I have watched them often. They all have moments worth remembering or re-living. For me a good movie is good when ever I see it. It really does not matter how many times that I have viewed it. If one can see a whole movie and not need to see it again puts it into a category of not being very good.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information