Thread: New Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Forum

A lot of other forums have a Comments/Suggestions forum. I think that would be a good idea. For example, I would like to suggest letting members have signatures with pictures. If members host the pictures from another website (there own or picture hosting websites) it will not take away at bandwidth. Most other forums also have limits on how big the sig picture can be so the page doesn’t take longer to load. Just a suggestion, I like to see people’s different sig pics.
    Elite Mobile Detailing - Formally SacMotorsports
    www.elitedetails.com

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a good idea. Any good ideas for a name on this forum?

I will say that the pics in the sigs isn`t a bandwidth issue. It is to protect our friends on slow dialup connections. Pages load soooooooo slowly when the thread is loaded with pictures and adding a pic in every sig just makes it worse.

How about if we talked about limiting the size of the pictures? It would limit the kinds of pictures you can post but at least you would still be able to post some. I can bring that idea up with Dwayne and see how it flies if you want. I think its a good idea and won`t mess with dial up user load time. The signatures would be closely moderated if something like that was in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    Sounds like a good idea. Any good ideas for a name on this forum?

I will say that the pics in the sigs isn`t a bandwidth issue. It is to protect our friends on slow dialup connections. Pages load soooooooo slowly when the thread is loaded with pictures and adding a pic in every sig just makes it worse.

How about if we talked about limiting the size of the pictures? It would limit the kinds of pictures you can post but at least you would still be able to post some. I can bring that idea up with Dwayne and see how it flies if you want. I think its a good idea and won`t mess with dial up user load time. The signatures would be closely moderated if something like that was in place.
    Most just called it "Comments/Suggestions Forum- Give us your feedback about Detail City."

Yeah I understand about the slow loading. Thats why you have a size limit, whether its a file size limit or width and hieght limit. I would be willing to help others covert there pics for the web so that they look the same but are very small file size.
    www.elitedetails.com

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is that we can’t limit the size that you can put in your signature. If someone wanted to use the pig/cow bomb (its a terrible string of about a hundred pictures of cows and pigs in forum code that basicly will destroy any thread that person posted in) in their sig then they could do it. Its a danger to allow images in signatures. We’ve already disabled html to protect us from thread killers and other nasty things. If signatures were like Avatars where we could shape the amount of space you could use then that would be good. We can’t do that though. Its not an option. Do our concerns make sense? I would love to have pics in the sigs. Its just a risk to allow that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    The problem is that we can’t limit the size that you can put in your signature. If someone wanted to use the pig/cow bomb (its a terrible string of about a hundred pictures of cows and pigs in forum code that basicly will destroy any thread that person posted in) in their sig then they could do it. Its a danger to allow images in signatures. We’ve already disabled html to protect us from thread killers and other nasty things. If signatures were like Avatars where we could shape the amount of space you could use then that would be good. We can’t do that though. Its not an option. Do our concerns make sense? I would love to have pics in the sigs. Its just a risk to allow that.
    Yeah there is no way like the avatar to set a size. But you can set a size in the Rules. I have never seen or heard about the pig/cow bomb on any other forums but it sounds pretty bad. But the cool thing with vbulletin is that once a change is made to personal options it changes right away, for example if it were to happen an Admin can simply take it out of there sig and then its gone. I have never seen it done and I am on other very large board with one over 12,000 members. The board has a better possibility of someone uploading a virus in the photo gallery or "attach file" option then doing something with html. Just my $.02
    www.elitedetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    How`s about we call it.... "Flame, flame, spread the blame!"
    Just a suggestion. :moon:
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Thread Information