Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer?

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Beer?

A thread like this was started on another forum I visit and it got a lot of attention and some pretty interesting posts. I`d like to know what your favorite beer is and why other people should give it a try. I for one am not a huge beer guy, but I do like a few brands.

My current beer of choice is Blue Moon Honey Moon Summer Ale. Yeah, it`s a lengthy name, but it is a great, smooth beer. It is brewed with honey and orange peel. It has a somewhat sweet taste, but not overpowering. I find it best after a long day in the sun.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Beer?

since i cant dink normal beer as i have celiac I enjoy he one beer i can drink.. Its called la messengare (sp). Its brewed in quebec and is available localy.. so thats my fav beer as its a list of one
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I quit drinking years ago, but if you can consider this a beer (and why wouldn`t you since it has it in the title) then this is my favorite.

It is basically sparkling apple juice. Sort of like Martinelli`s. It is made here in Salt Lake and I`ve been a fan ever since I moved here. I`ve got 350 bottle caps saved up that I`m going to use to tile a table top when I get enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy View Post
    A thread like this was started on another forum I visit and it got a lot of attention and some pretty interesting posts. I`d like to know what your favorite beer is and why other people should give it a try. I for one am not a huge beer guy, but I do like a few brands.

My current beer of choice is Blue Moon Honey Moon Summer Ale. Yeah, it`s a lengthy name, but it is a great, smooth beer. It is brewed with honey and orange peel. The taste is sweet, but not overpowering. I find it best after a long day in the sun.
    I have heard of this just recently...someone told me that its very sweet to the taste...is that true?
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Audiboy, I know the post you are referring too. It has more replies than any other thread on that site by far. The original poster (once was an active member here) just keeps the dang thing alive. Off topic or not this kind of post belongs on a spirits board. It adds no credibility to a detailing site. Obviously your results may very and this is just my worthless two cents.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Stella Artois from the tap is really good...
    Tuborg is also a fav of mine...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I have heard of this just recently...someone told me that its very sweet to the taste...is that true?
    It has a somewhat sweet taste, but not overpowering.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Audiboy, I know the post you are referring too. It has more replies than any other thread on that site by far. The original poster (once was an active member here) just keeps the dang thing alive. Off topic or not this kind of post belongs on a spirits board. It adds no credibility to a detailing site. Obviously your results may very and this is just my worthless two cents.
    You may know of a similar thread, but I`m not quite sure that your familiar with the one I`m referring to. The one I`m talking about was just started 2 or 3 days ago on a Mitsubishi Eclipse(my old car) forum. I see your point, but to me an off topic forum is open to pretty much anything in good taste other than detailing on this site.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

You may know of a similar thread, but I`m not quite sure that your familiar with the one I`m referring to. The one I`m talking about was just started 2 or 3 days ago on a Mitsubishi Eclipse(my old car) forum. I see your point, but to me an off topic forum is open to pretty much anything in good taste other than detailing on this site.
    My apologies, I`m referring to the seamlessly never ending thread Beer Time on the "A" site. It was started 15 months ago and is approaching 1000 replies. The reason this thread struck a chord with me is because it bothers me when I visit the site hit the new post button and see it on the list time after time, a little anal I guess. Now if you can tell me how much better or worse you detail while enjoying your favorite beer, how many and why the effect then I`ll certainly reevaluate my myopic view on the thread. When it comes to good taste I believe that would depend upon what one expects to find while visiting a given site. What would be considered perfectly normal discussion on one site can be stretching it on another. I`ve always said that DC should be a family friendly site. If I`m comfortable with my kids coming here (and they do) and reading the content here I`ve got no complaint. If I feel I would rather they not see it then I feel differently. I`ll shut up now, I`m feeling a bit like a prude.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    My apologies, I`m referring to the seamlessly never ending thread Beer Time on the "A" site. It was started 15 months ago and is approaching 1000 replies. The reason this thread struck a chord with me is because it bothers me when I visit the site hit the new post button and see it on the list time after time, a little anal I guess. Now if you can tell me how much better or worse you detail while enjoying your favorite beer, how many and why the effect then I`ll certainly reevaluate my myopic view on the thread. When it comes to good taste I believe that would depend upon what one expects to find while visiting a given site. What would be considered perfectly normal discussion on one site can be stretching it on another. I`ve always said that DC should be a family friendly site. If I`m comfortable with my kids coming here (and they do) and reading the content here I`ve got no complaint. If I feel I would rather they not see it then I feel differently. I`ll shut up now, I`m feeling a bit like a prude.
    No worries man. It`s ok to agree to disagree.

(no pun intended)

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite beer was Corona, until Miller came out with its High Life brand. Since then I`ve switched to Miller, because High Life costs a fraction of Corona and I just cannot detect any difference in taste.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries man. It`s ok to agree to disagree.

(no pun intended)
    Yeah but only as long as you see it my way.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much anything Sam Adams brews is good with me. If you like Honey Moon you`d probably enjoy Sam`s Summer Ale. I`m looking forward to fall because they brew their Oktoberfest beer for a few months. It`s by far my favorite beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    I quit drinking years ago, but if you can consider this a beer (and why wouldn`t you since it has it in the title) then this is my favorite.

It is basically sparkling apple juice. Sort of like Martinelli`s. It is made here in Salt Lake and I`ve been a fan ever since I moved here. I`ve got 350 bottle caps saved up that I`m going to use to tile a table top when I get enough.
    Salt Lake......don`t drink.....Mormon? Just asking....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Yeah. It has a taste of oranges. There are some bits in the bottom of the bottle. Very hard to get it, made by Coors, but it is a premium beer. I got my last six pack (glass bottles) at Albertsons.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite, hands down, is Sapporo (not dry, just regular) in the 21.5 ounce bottle. Those Japanese beers will knock you on your butt if you have never tasted one. They will ruin your taste for any American beer such as Budweiser, Coors, Miller, etc. etc. Kirin (Japanese) is actually very good too. And, last but not least, any Hefenweizen (Pyramid comes to mind) is yummy especially with home made pizza!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information