Post Thanks / Like

Aaargh! They are ruining my car!

I don`t BELIEVE it!!! The parking spaces at our company are adjacent to an arroyo (=dry river channel for the non-desert dwellers). I began to notice nicks in my headlights and one day I found out the reason - there are actually maintenance vehicles and huge lorries driving by our the parking lot on the edge of the arroyo, spraying the parked cars with stones and debris. So I parked somewhere else. No big deal, except for the nicks that already were in my headlights (and possibly the rock chips in my paint).
    Just a minute ago I saw HIM. The guy with the leafblower. This terrible menace, sprung from the page of a horror novel! This best friend of the swirl remover product industry! On our street all the companies have lawns and leaf trees and all of them (including my company) have hired landscaping services to cut lawns and bushes and blow away leaves. Fine. Except this guy (let`s call him Paintkiller) is running around with his big leafblower, happy as a toddler and just dusts out the parking lot twirling and swirling leafes and debris by and over the cars!!! Aaaargh! Wherever I park, I just can`t win! When I ran out to stop him I realized that this has probably happened every second week or so, just that I was present this time. He spoke only Spanish and I didn`t get anywhere with my English/German/French combination. My colleague told me I looked pretty funny making blowing sounds and poiting aat my car. I swear -everybody and everything out here tries to ruin my car! Thanks for letting me sound off. I needed that!
    P.S. Yeah, I know - that`s life!

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aaargh! They are ruining my car!

Most people just don`t understand. I had the same thing with the old apartment complex I used to live in. The lawn mowers would have grass flying everywhere and then a guy with a leaf blower would come by and clean off the sidewalks and all of the cars. I pleaded with the leaf blower not to clean off the car. I`d rather have had grass clippings on there than have the car sand blasted every week. After complaining a few times and standing by the car once or twice while they cleaned off the sidewalks, they finally got the point.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Thread Information