Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Racedeck Tile Flooring

Does anybody have racedeck in there garage or know someone who has it I would like to hear pro`s and con`s on this type of flooring as I am looking into putting it down in my garage.Any opinions would be great . thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Racedeck Tile Flooring

Check out The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin , they have a whole section on garage flooring.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZero View Post
    Check out The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin , they have a whole section on garage flooring.
    Thanks for the link Blue.. Now I know it can be noisy anyway which I didn`t know.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a tile i got from home depot. .89 much better then 3.00 at race deck that is a square foot. it`s been two years now and it looks great..

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/off...-makeover.html

that is the thread...

Post Thanks / Like

eveen a child can do

Post Thanks / Like

I am in facility services at a major university and have had to care for these types of floors before. They are a PITA in my opinion. You can`t sweep with a broom. The open weave design allows for particles to get through forcing you to lift the floor to clean underneath. The tiles come undone and can lead to trip hazards. They can be hard to fit back together once undone. If you spill something, the entire tile gets soiled and hard to clean.

A better choice would be a quality 2 part epoxy coating that rolls down like a smooth quality paint and is very chemical resistant, sweepable, and reflects more ambient light back onto your work.

I have installed these and they are very easy to get good results. Choice of colors. You can also sprinkle in decorative chips to add more color/texture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
    I am in facility services at a major university and have had to care for these types of floors before. They are a PITA in my opinion. You can`t sweep with a broom. The open weave design allows for particles to get through forcing you to lift the floor to clean underneath. The tiles come undone and can lead to trip hazards. They can be hard to fit back together once undone. If you spill something, the entire tile gets soiled and hard to clean.

A better choice would be a quality 2 part epoxy coating that rolls down like a smooth quality paint and is very chemical resistant, sweepable, and reflects more ambient light back onto your work.

I have installed these and they are very easy to get good results. Choice of colors. You can also sprinkle in decorative chips to add more color/texture.
    Do you have a link or brand to recomend I just feel that ANYTHING sprayed down will come up. I live in Wisconsin where winters and salt are present.I also found that RACEDECK tiles are the thickest and have the most color choices along with the longest warranty 15 years .

Post Thanks / Like

While yes the stuff does fall though I have not had them come apart excpet when i had to goose a car out and they came back fine..

as far as winters I didn`t like stepping in puddles so i got these floors and in the spring time I just use a vaccum and suck the stuff up.. then i hosed the rest out...

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

off topic..

I read the title to thread too fast and thought it said Redneck Tile Flooring.
    I was waiting on a pic of a floor covered in beer boxes or something

Note to self: Read slower
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post

Here is a manufactuere I found that looks good does anybody have this flooring ?
    Contact Epoxy-Coat | Epoxy-Coat Contact Page | Contact an Epoxy-Coat Representitive

I also found this company but noticed they make a very nice looking tile flooring also so I asked them what product would be the best to put down in my garage . waiting for response should be interesting.
    Floor Covering and Floor Coating Systems - ArmorPoxy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen22 View Post
    Here is a manufactuere I found that looks good does anybody have this flooring ?
    I hate to be too brand specific but I`ve been very happy with my UCoatIt Epoxy Floor Coat System. I put down about 1700 sq. ft. of the product and put two coats of their urethane clear (UV protection) on top of it and put flakes in it. It`s been down for two years with zero problem. No lifting, flaking or peeling. It cleans up and looks like new when washed. You have to make sure that your cement doesn`t wick water from the ground. If it does an epoxy is not your answer. You can do this by taping a 3 ft. square piece of plastic on your cement for 24 hours. If moisture is on the plastic look for a different solution. I`ve also used Rustoleum`s professional version. I didn`t think to much of it. I`ve really liked the UCoatIt product and though it costs more I feel it is worth it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the 2 part epoxy can work but you also have many more factors that it may not work also . I asked ARMORPOXY who sells both the tiles and epoxy which they would put in there own garage and there answer was the tiles. There tiles are 2 times as heavy as RACEDECKS and come with double the warranty 30 years as the epoxy is a 5 year warranty. I really want to do this once and be done with it. thanks for your input I just there were a few people who have put down this tile and I could hear what they have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn`t trying to change your mind on the Race Decking. I`ve been there and the decision is too specific to ones needs. I thought you were also asking about epoxy thus my response. Race Deck is made not too far from my home. I had it in my previous garage. I tried the: Hey, I`m a neighbor how much if I pick it up routine. They wouldn`t cut me much of a break but I did save on shipping by picking it up. I guess by the fact that I put epoxy down in my new home it isn`t hard to gauge my feelings on the tiles. Climate is an important factor in your decision. When tiles get some types of marking (even rubber) on them it won`t come off. They`re also not the best for a jack or jack stands though if careful can be used. Race Deck is much nicer than some of the Home Center brands I`ve seen. It did look good when it was new and you can take it with you.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Naw I couldn`t.. the ex still has mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I wasn`t trying to change your mind on the Race Decking. I`ve been there and the decision is too specific to ones needs. I thought you were also asking about epoxy thus my response. Race Deck is made not too far from my home. I had it in my previous garage. I tried the: Hey, I`m a neighbor how much if I pick it up routine. They wouldn`t cut me much of a break but I did save on shipping by picking it up. I guess by the fact that I put epoxy down in my new home it isn`t hard to gauge my feelings on the tiles. Climate is an important factor in your decision. When tiles get some types of marking (even rubber) on them it won`t come off. They`re also not the best for a jack or jack stands though if careful can be used. Race Deck is much nicer than some of the Home Center brands I`ve seen. It did look good when it was new and you can take it with you.
    I very much appreciate your input thats why I put up this thread it is just so hard to decide which will be best . The ARMORPOXY tiles are 30 year warranty and twice as heavy and strong than RD which has me leaning toward there product. I just wish I could find people that have used this product. The epoxy scares me due to the fact that we will be doing it on our own and its alot more work and what do you do if there is a problem like peeling or lifting it seems I would have a bigger headache. Garage Floor Coatings | Concrete & Epoxy Paint | Epoxy-Coat.com
    If this stuff does what it says it would be awsome I just worry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information