Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Funny Craigslist Detailing Ads Here

OK folks, I have been searching through Craigslist and came ran across a few detailing ads that made me laugh.

Rules:
    1. If you find an ad, copy and paste it in a post.
    2. NO email addresses, phone numbers, names, names of the business, and so on.
    3. Explain why you think it is funny or odd...
    4. If the ad is someones here, don`t post it. This thread was not meant to directly bash anyone. Just a fun thread...

Here is one I found....

I am offering a summertime deal on a complete auto detailing. For $70 you`ll get: a car wash, buff, oxidation removal, minor scratch and dent repair, tire rim dressing, interior vacumming and stain treatment, metal and chrome polish, and an undercarriage cleaning. My services can be rendered at my place or your ($15 extra for mobile service).

So, for $70 bucks you get a full detail with scratch AND dent removal..and stain removal......oh, and undercarriage. Talk about cheap!!!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Funny Craigslist Detailing Ads Here

I got a kick out of this one...

There is nothing like having a good looking shiny car to show off during the summer months . . . . even when it`s hot outside you`ll look VERY cool!

Is your car`s paint dull or scratched? Think you need a new paint job??

THINK AGAIN! For a small fraction of the price you`d pay to get a new paint job- I can bring the shine out of almost anything with paint!!

Let me show you what I can do for your car!!!!

- I will come to your car anywhere in the Salt Lake Valley!
    - Only 2 to 4 hours you`ll have a brand new looking car.
    - I use only the highest quality polishing compounds.
    - My full time job and hobby is auto body repair, so I know and love cars.

Call or email me for more information or to set up an appointment!
    **** (***) ***-**** or ******@gmail.com

(before and after pictures to come- the wife gets her car done this weekend;-)
    That bolded part is my favorite. lol If he is so darn good, then why does he have to wait till he details his wife`s car this weekend before he has any pictures? bwahahahahaahh!

Personally I think it is funny when anyone advertises detailing on craigslist and doesn`t show examples of their work and doesn`t have a website showcasing themselves. How cheap do you have to be to not even have a photo album of your work to show to people?? Seriously now...

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    Personally I think it is funny when anyone advertises detailing on craigslist and doesn`t show examples of their work and doesn`t have a website showcasing themselves. How cheap do you have to be to not even have a photo album of your work to show to people?? Seriously now...
    I agree.
    Here are 2 of mine...

Professional Mobile Automobile Detailing
    Mobile Automobile Detailing (We Come To You)
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t underestimate the value of text in your craigslist ads. Google loves craiglist. All my ads are expired right now, but when they are up I show up at the top of Google rankings when someone searches for "SLC Detailing". Having a large graphic like that with your text is certianly easy, but you will get a lot more traffic if you use some HTML to create that text.

Here`s how I do my ads. I have a whole series of them. I plop them down one at a time till they get down a couple days and then I link them all together like a website. I`ve been too busy with other things lately to focus much on detailing, so I let them expire and I`ve been coasting on repeat business and referals. Craigslist is definitely my most effective form of advertising though. If only detailers would use it a little better. Pictures are an absolute must. They give you the ability to post them, so why don`t more people use them???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post
    OK folks, I have been searching through Craigslist and came ran across a few detailing ads that made me laugh.

Rules:
    1. If you find an ad, copy and paste it in a post.
    2. NO email addresses, phone numbers, names, names of the business, and so on.
    3. Explain why you think it is funny or odd...
    4. If the ad is someones here, don`t post it. This thread was not meant to directly bash anyone. Just a fun thread...

Here is one I found....

I am offering a summertime deal on a complete auto detailing. For $70 you`ll get: a car wash, buff, oxidation removal, minor scratch and dent repair, tire rim dressing, interior vacumming and stain treatment, metal and chrome polish, and an undercarriage cleaning. My services can be rendered at my place or your ($15 extra for mobile service).

So, for $70 bucks you get a full detail with scratch AND dent removal..and stain removal......oh, and undercarriage. Talk about cheap!!!

Chris that`s wild I called and talked to this guy...turns out that his wife posted this for him....he is an auto air brush painter by trade but thought that if he could pick up some extra cash by doing some detailing....was a nice guy not trying to baffle me....turns out that I told him who I was and plan to go see his paint shop....I to did find it odd about the price and services offered.....
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures are an absolute must. They give you the ability to post them, so why don`t more people use them???
    Absolutely, pictures are worth a thousand words as the saying goes. Show some before and after shots too, or half hood shots like Jngrbrbman. Showing a shinny car doesn`t prove that you know what you are doing, I want to see a transformation. I like to think that`s what sets us apart from the $20 hand wax guys. Anyone can make a car in good condition look good.

Just some thoughts!
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t underestimate the value of text in your craigslist ads. Google loves craiglist. All my ads are expired right now, but when they are up I show up at the top of Google rankings when someone searches for "SLC Detailing". Having a large graphic like that with your text is certianly easy, but you will get a lot more traffic if you use some HTML to create that text.

Here`s how I do my ads. I have a whole series of them. I plop them down one at a time till they get down a couple days and then I link them all together like a website. I`ve been too busy with other things lately to focus much on detailing, so I let them expire and I`ve been coasting on repeat business and referals. Craigslist is definitely my most effective form of advertising though. If only detailers would use it a little better. Pictures are an absolute must. They give you the ability to post them, so why don`t more people use them???
    How do you get pics attached like that??
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

It`s all just html. I build the ad in dreamweaver and then upload the pictures to a photobucket album. Then I go back into dreamweaver and change all the images to the ones I uploaded. I really didn`t upload very many pictures for those ads. Most of it is just html coding. The only graphics are the top box, the buttons on the right, and the image of the truck. Then I just upload the pictures that I want the links to go to and I`m all done. It sounds like work, but it really isn`t. This pretty much shows you how the ads work when they are all uploaded and linked together properly.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Craigslist. I put that ad up on Monday and I`ve got three details scheduled on Saturday now because of it. You have to love free marketing that has such a huge reach.

Post Thanks / Like

so what does a good craigslist ad look like?

Thread Information