Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on my Son

For those of you who have been following the posts I make about my Son, I have another update.

My Son is the type of boy that is constantly on the go. Run, run, run, run.
    Usually at night, he is still wide awake, and getting him to go to sleep was always a chore. He is the type where, when he is ready to sleep, he drops wherever he is, whether it be on the kitchen floor, under the table, etc. Just falls out.

Over the last month, he has been very tired all the time. Falling asleep in school (pre-K), falling asleep as soon as he gets home, or just falling asleep very early in the evening. Doesn`t want to play or anything.
    Wife took him to the hospital the other day for check-ups, and did blood and urine tests. His Urine tests came back and they said they weren`t normal.

A follow-up test shows he has a hole in his heart.
    Which is letting in un-filtered blood run through his body. Now they believe he has a blood and heart infection, which is possibly causing him to be tired all the time.
    When you are born, you have a hole in your heart, that closes, usually, before your first birthday. I guess with the tumor he had, sort of messed it all up, since the tumor was right there.
    He will be having an echo cardiogram on Thursday to get more in depth.

Just thought I`d share..
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Update on my Son

Ouch...I hope everything works out for you. The kid just can`t catch a break, can he?
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post
    For those of you who have been following the posts I make about my Son, I have another update.

Usually at night, he is still wide awake, and getting him to go to sleep was always a chore. He is the type where, when he is ready to sleep, he drops wherever he is, whether it be on the kitchen floor, under the table, etc. Just falls out.

Over the last month, he has been very tired all the time. Falling asleep in school (pre-K), falling asleep as soon as he gets home, or just falling asleep very early in the evening. Doesn`t want to play or anything.
    Wife took him to the hospital the other day for check-ups, and did blood and urine tests. His Urine tests came back and they said they weren`t normal.

Which is letting in un-filtered blood run through his body. Now they believe he has a blood and heart infection, which is possibly causing him to be tired all the time.
    When you are born, you have a hole in your heart, that closes, usually, before your first birthday. I guess with the tumor he had, sort of messed it all up, since the tumor was right there.

Just thought I`d share..

My thoughts & prayers are with you PAL!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The kid just can`t catch a break, can he?
    That`s what I thought too. Once I heard it, I said "here we go again"...................
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Update on my Son

Chris, for you & your family!! We all know that little Kobe`s a fighter!!
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m sorry to hear about the bad news. Anyone that has been here for a while knows that your son is a fighter, just like Norah said. I know things have been rough, but please keep your faith. I will pray that everything turns out for the best.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that, hope everything works out for the best, Chris!

How large is the hole in his heart? About 6 or 8 months ago a friend of ours lost his daughter, partially due to the same problem. She didn`t have a tumor but the hole in her heart was very large and she could have made it, but the doctors` procrastination and her poor immune system got the best of her and she`s no longer with us

Now if you don`t mind me hi-jacking for a minute here, I just want to share this with you...

I was born with a massive constriction in my aorta (sp), I had to have open heart surgery at 23 days old (Ouchies! Luckily I don`t remember a thing). Normally your aorta should of course look like this ====, however mine was more or less like ===><===...They opened it up and used Gortex (that stuff they make windbreakers (sp) with) to patch it with and the only drawback is a huge scar that runs down my back and under my arm.
    Around the time I was 4 my cardiologist at the time wanted to do the same operation, but my parents thought I was way too healthy to need the same operation (This was at UCSF Hospital, from what I know I coulda` been a guinea pig for students ) so my `rents found a new cardio for me to see, he said nothing more than a simple angio plasty was needed. I had some scar tissue to be removed but that`s it. 15 years later and the only drawback from everything is slightly, slightly higher BP, but last time I checked it was around normal

There`s of course more details I could go through, but I`m gonna try and keep it at this for now. I guess what I`m trying to say is make sure you feel comfortable with your cardiologist, explore all possible options and make the best decisions that you, your wife, and the doctor can for your son. Good luck and you know your family is in everyone`s prayers!
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

I'm FloridaNative on AG Jen@autogeek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ay Chris!! I`m so sorry. I thought for sure you guys were out of the woods! Kobe is such a brave and strong little boy. He is a fighter and I have all confidence that he will fight through this as well! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."

Post Thanks / Like

my thoughts and prayers are with your son Keep us posted
    GeT ThaT ShoW SHiNe YoU DreAmeD oF

Post Thanks / Like

Chris..Sorry to hear this...My Prayers go out to Kobe and You and the Rest of the Family....

I am sure he will pull thru with flying colors..from what he has been thru and shrugged it off he will come out of this OK...

If he is anyting like you..Then it will be hard to keep a good man down...as I have seen you go thru bad times and make it ..So will Kobe..I have faith in him..Cause he is like his Dad..a Good little Man...

God Bless Kobe and may his eyes watch over Him and get him thru the Battles he fights

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

Dear God! That young lad, and his parents, could use some good news for a change. The upside is that once all of this is history he will be one tough little buggar! All who read of your plight will ask The Boss upstairs to help him including yours truly.

My husband is always right! Sheila@detailcity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Thank you for the update. We will pray and believe as a family for your son. Is it by any chance a PDA? If so, both myself and one of our daughters had that condition and we are both fine. I had the surgery at 5 and our daughter had it at 3. He seems like a little trooper and our hearts go out to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that type of news especially with everything Kobe has been through already, I`m sure that he will get through this one as well. He`s a real trooper.

Good luck and may God bless, he will be in our thoughts and prayers.

"J"

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear Chris Your son is a survivor like my daughter and I`m sure with the right treatment he`ll come through fine
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post

Just thought I`d share..

Fossa Ovalis maybe? That`s the hole that should close up and it`s only needed to be open when the baby`s in the stomach. I`m sorry to hear about this . I really hope he will be ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information