View Poll Results: Should I have my business logo included in the custom graphics on my bike?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh yeah, baby! Logo that puppy up!

12 46.15%
  • Nah, leave them off so you can sell it later.

11 42.31%
  • Dilemas like this are why I don`t customize. Leave it the way it is.

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Logo or no logo?

Around November or so I built a website for a guy in town who does custom painting and airbrushing on hot rods and motorcycles. I was talking to him recently and he offered to paint my motorcycle for free if I would let him do a good enough job to be worth putting on his website and also possibly showing up to a few shows that he is involved in once in awhile. Gee... free custom paint job? Let me think about that. So now I just need to decide what I want it to look like. I already know it is going to be the same color blue that my Subaru was. I loved that color... I was thinking about maybe some kind of torn metal look with flames coming out from underneath. This guy does awesome work with flames and torn metal.

Anyway, my question is one that he posed actually. He wanted to know if I wanted him to either incorporate my OCDetails logo or my 10-2Graphics logo in the artwork. Part of me thinks that would be awesome, but the other part that plans on selling the bike someday in the future most likely says that doing something like that might not be the wisest thing for the resale of the bike. So what do you guys think? Should I let him logo up my bike or should I leave the logo off?

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Logo or no logo?

Well depending on how it`s done I imagine that redoing the section with logo wouldn`t be too tough when it came time to sell. Your motorcycle becomes a deduction (advertising tool) if you logo it.

My vote is logo that baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Troy won me over to the logo on the bike with the tax deduction. Go for it. Can never have to many deductions.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Advertising is advertising, and if can be done for free even better, and if you can write something off...Double bouns.

When you look to sell it you can either opt for a repaint or knock a few dollars off for the buyer.

Don`t forget the pics when it`s done.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

That is true... Here`s another question then. How do I write off a free paint job on a bike I already own?

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`d just leave it blue without the logo. But then again, I really appreciate the simple appearance.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    That is true... Here`s another question then. How do I write off a free paint job on a bike I already own?
    Maybe you can write off the fuel as an advertising expense?

With all the members here, we don`t have one creative accountant

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

I think I`m going to leave the logo out of the paint graphics. I did another website for a guy who does vinyl graphics and lettering. I`ll just have him whip me up something that will match the paintjob. Thanks for the input, guys! Pictures are sure to be forthcoming.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    I think I`m going to leave the logo out of the paint graphics. I did another website for a guy who does vinyl graphics and lettering. I`ll just have him whip me up something that will match the paintjob. Thanks for the input, guys! Pictures are sure to be forthcoming.
    Fine don`t listen to me

Just because you already own it, doesn`t stop you from being able to write atleast a portion of it off. An accountant will be able to tell you how that works.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but if I put stickers on it wouldn`t I still be able to write off the same amount? Besides, everybody knows that stickers make the bike go faster.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should put some logos on it but dont go CRAZY with it lol. A few here and there will help out some. I know when I see a bike in the parking lot I always wind up right next to it looking at it before I even go to the place that I wanted to go to. Sometimes I do one of these . I dont know how I keep winding up next to them

Post Thanks / Like

It`s a cruiser bike, so I really don`t see myself going crazy with stickers. I`m actually thinking of painting it in Detroit Red Wings colors and style. I could have the Wings logo painted on either side of the tank and Shanahan`s #14 painted on the fenders or something. A good old fashioned red on white scheme. I think it would look good on this bike. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would look great painted white with the Wings logo on the tank. Maybe he could modernize the look a bit. Have the wings logo tearing through the tank or something. I think I`ll give it to him as a concept to think about and see what he comes up with.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you do that ???? Its so cool!!!

P.S. your plates are showing on your pilot.

Post Thanks / Like

Good ole photoshop. Never trust a picture at face value. In fact, do you really know that the plate number showing is my real plate number? Besides, its covered and I`ve got gap insurance. If you want it then come and get it. I wouldn`t mind getting a new one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information