Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotten Apple

Post Thanks / Like
    Man! I was so excited for Steven Jobs to unveil the iPhone today. Then it was announced it would be sold and there needed a Cingular plan. Shoots down my dreams of buying one.

Anyone plan on getting one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not if it requires Cingular! I was SOOOOO glad to get rid of them a few months ago. Many, many headaches. They seemed to go out of their way to make it plain I was an unwanted step-child because I was still on an AT&T contract, but the contracts they offered me would have given me less for the same or more money. It also got really old having to call and have them correct over-charges on my account every single month. They were usually minor, most of the time because NO ONE there could get my text msg service billed properly, but it went on for a couple of years.

I`m currently with Verizon because my wife gets a 17% discount for their service through her job. I picked up an LG VX9900 the same week they came out and I`m quite happy with it. Not the smallest by any means, but a cool phone with loads of features.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too used to have Cingular and got hit here and there with BS charges. Interesting. They even threatened to send me to collections over <$10 when I ported my numbers to T-mobile. Talk about sour grapes.

On the phone, I heard rumors of a $299 price and was silly to think it would be without contract. Well the price is even higher than that on something that is lackluster. I currently have a Treo 650 and can type 75% of real keyboard speed on it (for regular characters alpha characters). It also is a great music player, movie player, nav system, email device, and can open word/excel, etc. The web browser on it sucks though. No reason to move to anything different just yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like a pretty cool device.

But Cingular is definitely the weakest link on this $499-$599 iphone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be switching from Nextel after being a customer for 8+ years.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a chance in hell I`ll be switching. I`m with Verizon and I truly stand behind them being the "#1 service provider"; best network around. I`ve had Cingular before, as well as Nextel and I have to say none compare to Verizon.

My sister`s fiance is also a manager in tech support at a Verizon store; I can`t say there`s much bad I`ve heard from him (and trust me, he gets stressed through work, it`s never negatives of the company).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Man! I was so excited for Steven Jobs to unveil the iPhone today. Then it was announced it would be sold and there needed a Cingular plan. Shoots down my dreams of buying one.

Anyone plan on getting one?

I plan on getting one, but I`m going to wait till the bugs are ironed out of it first. I actually like Cingular, and I`ve had no problems with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, let me change that to I`ll be watching for this. In just a few minutes, I have read a lot of bad things about Cingular and their service.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I wouldnt go near Cingular. I switched from Nextel to Verizon and have loved their service. I have the Samsung i830 pictured below and love it, but was willing to get into a iPhone if it was supported by Verizon. Big mistake Apple, might as well have just made the damn thing for Alltel.:LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me get this straight: You are asking me would I be getting a replacement for two of my devices that costs more than two of them together and offers less than two of them together?

Post Thanks / Like
    link to the story about iphone?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that thing sounds awesome i just pruchased a new macbook wonder if i can link the phone with the laptop.

I just bought a new blackberry and it is great
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Well, let me change that to I`ll be watching for this. In just a few minutes, I have read a lot of bad things about Cingular and their service.
    I didn`t even go into some of the other stuff, such as how they fell through when I attempted to get my phone replaced under warranty until the warranty expired then wouldn`t do anything more, and how they sent me letters saying my regional service had been upgraded free to nationwide only to tell me while I was out-of-state on a business trip that the letters had been sent by mistake and they wouldn`t honor them. :hairpull

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That phone is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I would definitely buy one if they made it for Verizon. No way I`m switching to Cingular though. Their coverage in New England is awful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information