Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Thoughts/Prayers Needed

Many of you know me, and some know me personally.
    I come off as a smart ass sometimes, and generally, just like to have fun....

I need to be serious right now, and ask that you read this...

Some of you know, my 4 year old Son, Kobe, was diagnosed with cancer when he was 17 months old. (Neuroblastoma Stage IV)
    A long story short......
    He was diagnosed with asthma, but they found it to be a tumor collapsing his lung. The tumor was as large as his heart. It collapsed his lung, grew blood vessels to his heart, grew into his spine, and attached itself to his ribs. He had 3 ribs shaven/half removed. He was given less than a 20% chance of survival. During his last chemo or radiation, sorry, I cannot remember off the top of my head on which it was, he was put into PICU with a 105* fever for 3-4 days.
    The cancer spread to his bones as well.
    He went through several rounds of Chemotherapy, Radiation, and had 2 stem cell transplants.
    Fast forward.........
    We had many scares and sleepless nights. The fact that the cancer COULD come back. We have been to the local Hospital here, Texas Childrens in Houston, and to NYC for treatment.

He has been in remission for going on 2 years...He is and still is my little trooper. Stronger than I, and I look UP TO HIM.
    Hospital check-ups are normal for us. He will have to go for the rest of his life.
    All tests have been normal, up until last month.
    He had an MRI, CT, and Bone Scan done, as regularly scheduled. The bone scan showed his skeleton and a very dark spot on his pelvic bone. Docs, said it may be cancer, may be a bruised bone? But they were not ruling out cancer at all. As the chemo he had could actually cause cancer. We are hoping this is not a relapse, as this would mean he would have a slim chance. The Chemo he had years ago was experimental, and the strongest at the time. The good thing though, if this is something, they caught it early.

It is back to Houston to the Hospital in the Morning. My wife and kids are already there. I had some jobs I needed to finish up today, so i opted to stay and finish. His appointments are not until tomorrow and Thursday. He will be having an MIBG scan to see exactly what it is....

So, before I make this long, I am freaking out, and would like thoughts and prayers for my Son, Kobe.......

Thanks for reading.....
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts/Prayers Needed

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can`t even imagine what you are going through right now, but I wish nothing but the best for your little trooper.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris our prayers and good wishes are with you too. Tomorrow my daughter goes in for her quarterly blood and AFP test to check on her remission so I know your worries. It`s been just a few years since she finished her chemo and treatments, and she doesn`t really remember much, let`s hope Kobe can put this all behind him & doesn`t have to have this as a memory. My daughter asked tonight why she has to go to the clinic for blood work and we just tell her because we want to make sure she stays well and all the nurses want her to visit them. Good luck

Steve
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Chris
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish him the best and hope for a good turn out! Didn`t your wife recently have cancer as well? Sorry to hear about your situation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Chris our prayers and good wishes are with you too. Tomorrow my daughter goes in for her quarterly blood and AFP test to check on her remission so I know your worries. It`s been just a few years since she finished her chemo and treatments, and she doesn`t really remember much, let`s hope Kobe can put this all behind him & doesn`t have to have this as a memory. My daughter asked tonight why she has to go to the clinic for blood work and we just tell her because we want to make sure she stays well and all the nurses want her to visit them. Good luck

Steve

Thank you Steve.
    Sometimes it is good that kids do not remember some things. My son has no idea what went on when he was diagnosed.
    He knows that he was sick and he gets poked alot...lol
    He is used to all the IV`s and shots. It does not phase him anymore.
    We took MANY pictures from after his surgery, up till he was in remission. He says "the baby in the pics, in the hospital" is not him...haha.
    Good luck with your Daughters tests!!!!!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Wish him the best and hope for a good turn out! Didn`t your wife recently have cancer as well? Sorry to hear about your situation
    Yes, she did. It was cervical, and was caught extremely early. Only thing that she needed was a Hysterectomy......Thank goodness!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and my god bless.

Thoughts and prayers are with your son and family

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Chris..All my prayers and hopes are with you and your family.. buddy....

On my way to run some errands tomorrow..I will stop at the St Anne Shrine of the Healing..and lite a candle for Trooper....

Take care my Friend..and hope all good turns Troopers way...God Bless Him

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You got it Tex. My thoughts and prayers will go out to you,your family and loved ones. I know firsthand it`s not only traumatic for the one who has it but also for the family and friends.
    God bless you all. Rick
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Chris my prayers and thoughts are with you and Family...I hope and pray everthing works out just fine..

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well. Kobe sure looks like a great kid.

Troy and Sheila

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

I just recently helped my father through his last round of Chemo-Therapy, he`s 75 and seen a good life. I know what a concern this is when an adult (parent) is involved. A child has so much of life yet to see. I can`t imagine the worry that you as a parent have gone and are going through. No one unless they have been in your position possibly could. You`re in my thoughts and prayers. When times are all but unbearable it is the Master Physicians we seek and it is the Master`s hands to whom we can look to support us.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Chirs I must say your family is very strong, and you should be proud of yourself and your family. You are a great role model to the rest of us.
    And I wish you and your family the best, espiclly you son.

good luck with the doctors apointment, and remember all of DC is with you in spirit.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,
    You & your family have been through so much already, I know this is just one more scare you didn`t really need.
    Know that you all will be in our hearts & prayers!!
    Safe trip!!
    Norah
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Chris.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information