Thread: Driving glasses

Post Thanks / Like

Driving glasses

I don`t know if anyone here wears driving glasses however I have a bit of a problem.

I drive a convertible and one of the things that I have learned is that it is a necessity to have some type of eyewear on almost all the time espessially when all the windows are down and the top is down. Its the worst when driving on the highway as all the cars tend to blow dust around and it all ends up in my eyes....With that said

I currently own a pair of typical "Yellow lens" driving glasses that I usually wear at night. However Ive come to find out that these are not necesarrliy the best for driving at dusk and at night. While the High contrast suposedly makes everything much more crisp. It suposedly makes your eyes work in overdrive and makes for a bad situation!

with all of this said. Does anyone have any recomendataions? Or places that I can look for "driving glasses"
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Driving glasses

I used to wear the "yellow lenses" as well for when I had my motorcycle and had the same problem.
    I just started to use a non-prescription transitional lens sun glasses. Now that I need glasses, I had my prescription glasses made with transitional lenses.

Granted it`s a personal choice, but it worked well for me

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing a bit of reading this morning and I have found that the best "driving" type lens is a clear lens with what they call a AR coating or anti-reflection coating.

I didn`t think it would be such a pain in the arse to find a pair of glasses for driving!
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

Serengeti Drivers are my choice after trying countless others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF

I was just looking at some of them ...Im curious how are they at night though?

Post Thanks / Like

I use a pair os Scott bicycling glasses the ones that have interchanable lenses....clear, yellow and dark for all riding / driving conditions....one thing that would help you is the way the wind is routed around the glass and riding glasses are designed for that....These are what I am talking about

As for what lenese....dark for bright and sunny conditions, yellow for foggy overcast and clear for evening driving

https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/item/10348/
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF
    +1

The Serengeti`s are well worth the price. Their optics help block the blue (short wavelengths) of the visible spectrum and when compared to ordinary sunglasses you will definitely see a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

My only problem with the Serengeti`s is that they don`t make a clear lens for driving at night. I have Excellent sunglasses for daytime ...(Pair of Oakley`s, a pair of gargoyles, and a pair of serengeti`s) But im looking more for something that is a clear lens ..maybe a slight yellow...with an anti-reflective coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Focusedonsound
    I was just looking at some of them ...Im curious how are they at night though?
    I don`t wear them at night ....can`t help there.

Thread Information