Last month, on the 18th, a distracted (being nice) driver totaled my black 2013 Camaro, and I was found "at fault" for swerving to keep him from t-boning me. I still get MAGOR POed even thinking about it.

Fast-forward, and my wife (bless her), who found the black one as a Christmas present to me in 2015, also found its replacement.

The new (to me) one, is a 2017 Camaro 2LT. 3.6 V6, 6 speed manual trans and ALL the toys with 80K miles. It was a 6 hour road trip to get the car, but it was worth it - because the previous owner installed an Edelbrock Supercharger!! Which took the REAR WHEEL horsepower to 376 (442 @ crank).

Today is "D" day, as in detail. I did an intense wash and decon of the beautiful blue paint yesterday, removed a TON of TOGW (and there`s still some left that I missed yesterday). Otherwise, it`s in really good condition-the last owner took decent care of it, just not to MY standards. The only `rough spots` are the roof and trunk lid (water spots and light-medium swirling).

I ordered Dr Beasley`s NSP 95, which is being delivered TODAY, and I was sent some NXTZEN 365 Pro (a 1 year coating) by the US distributor with the instructions to fully test and report on my experience honestly.

So not only is the new car getting its first real detail, I get to try out the Dr`s primer polish and a sample of a 1-year coating (my 1st coating). So I will make a video of it all and post it to YouTube either tonight or tomorrow.

"It didn`t happen without pics," so here you go:

Over $14,100 in damage

The new one