Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Much Do We Trust YouTube Stars?

To ALL Autopians:
    I will ask, then, about those of you who are have been given detailing products, usually for free, to test than then give your opinions and evaluations with a reviews of that/those product(s) within this forum.
    I have applauded detailing product manufacturers for doing that and those of you have have taken the time to post those reviews. But the caveat is how "truthful" or unbiased are these reviews, since you have been given this product for free and there is that question, at least in my mind, of "don`t bite the hand that feeds you". Unless I know about past history of the Autopian reviewer, there is that implication of doubt.
    Have these reviews influenced my detailing product buying and usage decisions? YES, absolutely. Griot`s Garage PFM Drying Microfiber Towels being one of them and Klasse All-In-One being another. And who can forget the introduction of Meguiar`s NXT Sealant.
    But many of you who have been around this forum for some time know how we call hyped, must-have detailing products with the term "flavor-of-the-month". EVERYONE is on the bandwagon with it UNTIL the next big thing comes around or it simply falls out of favor (Flavor?) and we go back to similar detailing products that we have used in the past that we know and trust that give us Autopians the detailing results we like and desire for any number of reasons: from product price, to familiarity and ease of application and removal, or simply to use it up before it goes bad or to not throw away a sizable investment we made in a larger size or multiple quantities (What am I going to do with that gallon of an early version of Meg`s M105 Compound OR the four jars of Autoglym`s High-Definition Wax you bought at Walmart on clearance?).

For the record, I am not on Facebook, "X", or other Social Media platforms. That said, how many of you turn to YouTube to watch a video on a simple or even more complex how-to-do-it-yourself task or project before you DIY OR learn about a particular home cleaning product, electronic or computer item, or power tool review before you buy something. I have, and I think that tells a great deal about the "influence" social media has these days on all facets of life, both good and bad.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Big agreement. I know I look to yt videos on alot of product quests. You want a guide to show you where your money would be best spent. And a simple `now` way to get information on doing a task. Yt gives that. But I also look to forums in a BIG way to get solid feedback on products and items.
    Likes Lonnie, Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good post! I`m sure I was considered a Zaino shill, but to be honest, I still use Sal`s products 20+ years later, and I absolutely love them! High quality products in my book! Not to promote. Not at all. Because they work exceptionally well, so no reason to course correct. Same with other products I use--Lake Country Pads, 3M Ultrafina, Menzerna Polishes, etc... I`ve never taken a lot of stock in product promotions (after dialing in `what works best for me`), but I do love seeing process on detailing nightmare`s! That`s inspiring and the main reason I lurk around to see how others tackle difficult issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003 View Post
    Good post! I`m sure I was considered a Zaino shill, but to be honest, I still use Sal`s products 20+ years later, and I absolutely love them! High quality products in my book! Not to promote. Not at all. Because they work exceptionally well, so no reason to course correct. Same with other products I use--Lake Country Pads, 3M Ultrafina, Menzerna Polishes, etc... I`ve never taken a lot of stock in product promotions (after dialing in `what works best for me`), but I do love seeing process on detailing nightmare`s! That`s inspiring and the main reason I lurk around to see how others tackle difficult issues.
    I`m back to Sal`s country cousins, Duragloss. It just works and keeps my paint slick and blingy like no coating can.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll take Duragloss and other old school products over coatings all the time. Love the bling they provide
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information