Post Thanks / Like

Any color you like - PTS Porsche GT3

Sometimes it takes a village to pick a color. Client secured a GT3 Touring allocation last year, asked for help picking his Paint To Sample Color. I voted for Underberg Green Any color you like - PTS Porsche GT3

In the end, Iris Blue it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any color you like - PTS Porsche GT3

Whoa, that`s beautiful! I love seeing the non-traditional colors. So tired of seeing everything in black/silver/white. We just took delivery of a Macan in Carmine Red. That`s an eyeful of color !!
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, looks very similar to Gentian...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

A killer car amoung a line of amazing cars that comes through those doors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Whoa, that`s beautiful! I love seeing the non-traditional colors. So tired of seeing everything in black/silver/white. We just took delivery of a Macan in Carmine Red. That`s an eyeful of color !!
    Carmine, to me anyway, has a bit more class and refinement that the oft-seen Guards Red. Looking forward to seeing pics of your Macan; had one as a service loaner 2 years ago and just loved it. Cayenne is too big for me but the Macan, just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Very nice, looks very similar to Gentian...
    Paint to Sample & Paint To Sample Plus is such a clever program..."You want blue? What *kind* of blue

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    A killer car amoung a line of amazing cars that comes through those doors.
    I really like things like the Aston Martin and this GT3 Touring; I can`t tell one Ferrari from another for the most part, Lamborghini`s all look pretty much the same to me and McLarens *really* look similar amongst the models. We just had a 765LT come through and aside from the paint `fade` it really doesn`t stand out to me beyond `swoopy car`.
    McLaren-765LT-PPF-Wrap-48.jpg

Maybe one day a BOSS 429 Mustang will come by; THAT would be cool:
    1970-ford-mustang-429-boss.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I woulda voted green too. That purple beautiful too. Either with some bronze wheels….but blue becoming new silver as I see a lot of blue cars now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly all of the PTS colors are nice. Green, Iris Blue, Carmine Red, Gentian Blue, Signal yellow....Any color besides Silver or Black! It`s so refreshing to see "fun" colors again after a decade of boring Silvers and black.
    Likes tom p., 981 Cayman S liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Yeah I woulda voted green too. That purple beautiful too. Either with some bronze wheels….but blue becoming new silver as I see a lot of blue cars now
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Underberg Green

UG_GT2RS.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    Honestly all of the PTS colors are nice. Green, Iris Blue, Carmine Red, Gentian Blue, Signal yellow....Any color besides Silver or Black! It`s so refreshing to see "fun" colors again after a decade of boring Silvers and black.
    The paint/wheel combo on this is nice; always like a good red metallic (Mazda Soul Red, Ford Ruby Red Metallic); black stripe seems a little `off` but probably a pretty entertaining daily utility vehicle. Looking at the configurator, apparently once you decide on the Cayenne you can then decide which one of the 19 different variations appeals to you

Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-GT-PPF-Wrap-20.jpg
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you could do PTS to be anything you wanted, I`d go something like the Ming Blue you used to get on Audi`s in the mid-90`s and the VW Corrado of that period as well. Basically it looked like black, but when the light hit it just right it would flash a brilliant metallic blue. It was similar to BMW`s Carbon Black today, only WAY better....

Of the choices shown, the Iris Blue is my run-away favorite. Porsche`s Sapphire blue is another favorite of mine. It suits the car well.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    If you could do PTS to be anything you wanted, I`d go something like the Ming Blue you used to get on Audi`s in the mid-90`s and the VW Corrado of that period as well. Basically it looked like black, but when the light hit it just right it would flash a brilliant metallic blue. It was similar to BMW`s Carbon Black today, only WAY better....
    Ming Blue is pretty dark but definitely a winner...and not black so that helps!

MingBlueAudi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Of the choices shown, the Iris Blue is my run-away favorite. Porsche`s Sapphire blue is another favorite of mine. It suits the car well.
    Sapphire Blue is definitely a contender in any discussion. Saw a 987 Boxster Spyder in it last year and it was fantastic. The whole PTS thing might just get to be too mind-numbing to consider...definitely a good problem to have but still, dropping $10k to saddle yourself with a mind-numbing decision
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So NOW I know what the PTS stands for : Paint-to-Sample (thanks for the link Budget Plan1, errrr.. I mean 981 Cayman S).
    I agree with the above Autopian observations and opinions on more "actual" color hues being offered once again by vehicle manufacturers. Then again, if you are going special order a new vehicle these days AND have to pay the MSRP on the window sticker, AND wait 6 months for its production and delivery, might as well get it in the color you prefer!
    I STILL prefer an arrest-me-red hue on a sports car: you know, the color that REALLY turns heads and grabs your (and the cops) attention, even when such a sports car is just parked and standing still.

That said, I think the consensus on picking this Iris Blue for this client`s GT3 is outstanding. Looks, well, ...unique. I must say though, I have an unabashed affinity for any hue of blue on vehicles, from trucks, to sedans, to muscle cars.

AND speaking of OEM color hues, I am old enough to remember the ultra-wild factory color hues of MOPAR muscle cars from the late 60`s and early 70`s. The Plum Crazy purple (every cool kid who collected Mattel Hot Wheels cars had a MOPAR in this color!) Sassy Grass Go Green. Bright Green/Ralleye Green. Bahama Yellow. Screamin` Yellow. Tor-Red. Hemi-Orange .Go Mango/Vitamin C. Sub-Lime (long before safety fluorescent yellow was even thought of)

AND going even more off topic, the adage "All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes.” is attributed to John Heinricy, the leader of Corvette development group of test drivers at a meeting on paint colors. (SACRILEGE Captain Obvious, a Corvette quote in a Porsche-centric post!! SHAME ON YOU...)
    GB detailer
    Likes 981 Cayman S, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    AND speaking of OEM color hues, I am old enough to remember the ultra-wild factory color hues of MOPAR muscle cars from the late 60`s and early 70`s. The Plum Crazy purple (every cool kid who collected Mattel Hot Wheels cars had a MOPAR in this color!) Sassy Grass Go Green. Bright Green/Ralleye Green. Bahama Yellow. Screamin` Yellow. Tor-Red. Hemi-Orange .Go Mango/Vitamin C. Sub-Lime (long before safety fluorescent yellow was even thought of)
    MOPAR has (even to this day) some of the best overall attitudes to their performance vehicles and the marketing to go with it. From the fun color names and cartoon-derived characters (SuperBee, Road Runner, Lil’ Red Express Truck) to their promotional programs like the Rapid Transit System:

Rapid Transit System 70’s promo: 1970 Plymouth Rapid Transit System Dealer Promo Film - YouTube

They’ve always been performance + fun Any color you like - PTS Porsche GT3

Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thread Information