Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Well this might be a quick one...

    Have been wandering around the UK & `The Continent` for a bit, walked out the apartment door in Florence this morning and saw this:





    I`ll bet even I could polish and coat this thing in a single day!

    Although at 6` 2" I`m not sure could drive it Well this might be a quick one...

    Another notable tiny car, a London taxi. Turning radius on these is impressively small but actually kinda roomy on the inside...relatively.



    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes dgage, CleanIt liked this post

  2. #2
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    That first one is a cool little car. I`d drive that thing!
    Likes 981 Cayman S, Oneheadlite liked this post

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    Definitely different. Was it electric?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    St. Louis Metro Area (Illinois)
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    I remember some really cool "city cars" when we lived in Europe. Cars like the Citroen in the picture, the Toyota Yaris, Ford Ka, VW Polo, and some impossibly tiny Fiats were funny to see, but really practical in a city that`s been around for a thousand years (or more) and whose roads were designed for people and horses.

    The London Cabs are electric these days aren`t they? Years ago I saw some documentary that showed the previous gen cars being built and the special steering and front suspension that had to dramatically shorten the turning radius.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post
    Thanks 981 Cayman S thanked for this post

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    Not gonna lie…. I’d try to put it in my suitcase and sneak it past customs……Well this might be a quick one...Well this might be a quick one...Well this might be a quick one...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Definitely different. Was it electric?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Appears to be a 100% Electric Citroen


    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

    The London Cabs are electric these days aren`t they? Years ago I saw some documentary that showed the previous gen cars being built and the special steering and front suspension that had to dramatically shorten the turning radius.
    We caught a rare empty intersection and asked the driver about the turning radius so he did 2 or 3 360 degree circles...sure didnt take up much room!



    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    981 Cayman S:
    Are you on "personal" vacation OR is this a "business" vacation?
    Are you seeing any automotive-related places, like car manufacturer`s or car-collector museums or maybe taking in a race track or two?
    Hard to imagine what it is like on "The Continent" and the European Union countries in general with what is happening so closely in Ukraine with the Russian invasion. I know the people there are trying to act like "life goes on as normal", but it has got to weigh on them and you must see and hear that in your travels there.

    Thanks for sharing the pics about micro-cars.

    Smart Car and its owner Mercedes-Benz has abandoned the USA market. I just do not think that these micro-cars are seen as "safe" vehicles on an interstate highway where other drivers are going 75-80 miles-per-hour in full-sized SUVs and trucks OR viable vehicles for getting around in a Midwest winter; something you are painfully aware of. I even saw a bumper sticker on an H2 Hummer that said " I catch Prius in my grill" `Nough said!.. (Apparently the bumper sticker writer did not know that the plural of Prius is officially "Prii", but then no one but Toyota knows that. What the heck is a "Prii"??)

    Micro-cars ARE great for an owner who lives in a city or larger urban area where their driving is mostly limited to those areas and parking space is at a premium
    GB detailer

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    981 Cayman S:
    Are you on "personal" vacation OR is this a "business" vacation?
    Are you seeing any automotive-related places, like car manufacturer`s or car-collector museums or maybe taking in a race track or two?
    We were gonna head up to Maranello to see Ferrari Museum and factory but won`t have the time. Well this might be a quick one...

    Purely a pleasure trip, my brother-in-law surprised my wife for her birthday last Fall with this trip to Europe for her bday this year...wanted her to spend her birthday in Paris. Flew into London for a few days, then to Paris for a few days then a week or so in Italy (Florence) where he`s teaching a film class for a month.

    It`s "her" trip so I didn`t push the auto side although she did suggest we try to get up there. She did all the planning, all the arrangements...my involvement was pretty much "Just tell me when and where to go and that`s where we`ll go!" Pretty much no thought required on my part Well this might be a quick one...

    Tourism stuff is kinda lost on me anyway...I like vacations as opposed to traveling.

    Woulda been nice if we woulda been in France in 2 weeks cuz we woulda made the time to go experience Le Mans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Hard to imagine what it is like on "The Continent" and the European Union countries in general with what is happening so closely in Ukraine with the Russian invasion. I know the people there are trying to act like "life goes on as normal", but it has got to weigh on them and you must see and hear that in your travels there.
    Nobody we ran into has said much about it really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Thanks for sharing the pics about micro-cars.

    Smart Car and its owner Mercedes-Benz has abandoned the USA market. I just do not think that these micro-cars are seen as "safe" vehicles on an interstate highway where other drivers are going 75-80 miles-per-hour in full-sized SUVs and trucks OR viable vehicles for getting around in a Midwest winter; something you are painfully aware of. I even saw a bumper sticker on an H2 Hummer that said " I catch Prius in my grill" `Nough said!.. (Apparently the bumper sticker writer did not know that the plural of Prius is officially "Prii", but then no one but Toyota knows that. What the heck is a "Prii"??)

    Micro-cars ARE great for an owner who lives in a city or larger urban area where their driving is mostly limited to those areas and parking space is at a premium
    Smart cars are EVERYWHERE here in the cities; size definitely matters here!


    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes dgage liked this post

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Not gonna lie…. I’d try to put it in my suitcase and sneak it past customs……Well this might be a quick one...Well this might be a quick one...Well this might be a quick one...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another tiny car...



    Saw a Smart Car with a sideview mirror hanging from a failed fix with duct tape; I guess `small` isn`t always small enough.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes dgage liked this post

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well this might be a quick one...

    Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Another tiny car...



    Saw a Smart Car with a sideview mirror hanging from a failed fix with duct tape; I guess `small` isn`t always small enough.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I think I saw that in the Walmart kids section the other day.
    (Maybe not since that car isn’t quite that small and I try not to go to Walmart).
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Drying Aid- quick wax or quick detailed on Collinite 845
    By Striker in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 12:46 PM
  2. 2007 mitsubishi outlander not so quick - quick job
    By mnehls86 in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 10:09 AM
  3. quick detail comparison: adam`s, 3D final touch, megs ultimate quick, onr
    By extrabolts in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 11:16 PM
  4. Quick Review: Croftgate Aquanil-X and Quick-N Slick
    By Dan in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM
  5. Quick Question On Quick Detailing
    By muchi1 in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •