Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I like mine to shine!!! theamcguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Autogeek/Autopia moving?

Boiling this thread down so far

PBMG (Auto Geek & Autopia) are moving to a new building they are building a few miles from their current location

Bob McKee (McKees 37) is moving into the building currently occupied by Auto Geek & Autopia and owned by Bob McKee

Mike Phillips is leaving Auto Geek (this is huge) I wonder where he is going?
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don`t Do It At All!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike’s post from AG:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Wow!

It was really nice to read all the kind words. My normal self would use the "multi-quote" feature built- into vBulletin and answer or comment to everyone that has also posted a comment but that would take forever!!!!

I must say, it`s been nice doing my swim workouts in the sunlight instead of O`Dark Thirty in the morning!

This was last week...

Here`s this morning...

I submitted a formal resignation on Wednesday, July 7th. I`ve been with Autogeek for 11 years as of July 10th. I was also at Meguiar`s for 11 years. No connection between the time spent at both companies but after giving my future a lot of thought and after coming to the conclusion that for the most part I`ve done everything I can do here at Autogeek including,

• 2 TV shows.
    • Guest expert on multiple TV shows.
    • Hundreds of YouTube videos.
    • Over 1000 articles/reviews on for the most part every topic under the sun (the majority of my reviews are also how-to articles).
    • Multiple multiple classes including, car detailing, boat detailing, wetsanding.
    • Written 5 how-to books
    • And then over 50,000 posts as I type for the most part answering questions and having fun with this online community.

I have always detailed cars on the side as I enjoy taking a diamond in the rough and turning it into a glistening gemstone. I also enjoy showing others how to do this thing called "detailing".

I`m not leaving the industry, but I am going to take some time off and relax as well as get back into good physical shape. I`ve always been into fitness and like the old saying goes,

If you don`t use it you`ll lose it...

Andre has been my assistant for my classes for the last 5-6 years and he`s basically a walking, talking copy of me. He`ll be a great asset to Autogeek moving forward.

I wish everyone here great success as well as all my friends at Autogeek!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    There was a time when you`d check Autopia and there would be hundreds of members logged on. Not any more. It`s busy if 5 threads here are updated. Product discussion and arguing were the norm. The who made what for who threads created a sense of drama and intrigue. All the fun is gone. Vision Investments has no vision for this forum.
    I, personally, do not miss the drama , "she-said-he-said", and name calling detailing-moron-who-doesn`t-know-what-your`re-talking-about (Yes, that "moron-blah-blah-blah" would include myself, AKA Captain Obvious).
    I would hope that whoever owns and operates PBMG and hence, this Autopia Forum, would see fit to continue its existence and let those who oversee and manage this forum to continue it as-is. That is not to say that their cannot be improvements to the forum, but its current format and the rules governing it are extremely beneficial to detailers and their purchases of car-care products and equipment from PBMG, contributing to their business`s bottom line. It is a great marketing tool, in my opinion.
    As I have stated many times, it is the forum members and their posts and pics that contribute so much to my hobbyist`s detailing experience and enjoyment for which I am truly grateful for.

That said, I also realize that, yes, detailing thread discussions seem to redundant and repetitive and dominated by the same Autopian members. Quite frankly, I don`t mind. Maybe "boring" to some. But there are tidbits of information from their detailing experiences that make my participation a lot of fun. This forum is my "social media" and talking about detailing or sometimes detailing-unrelated topics is an outlet to communicate with like-minded detailing enthusiast and individuals. This forum not "dead" to me. Or as Mark Twain said after the misinformed publishing of his obituary in the USA while touring in England, "The report of my death was an exaggeration."
    GB detailer
    Likes Oneheadlite, Vegas1 liked this post
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I, personally, do not miss the drama ... I also realize that, yes, detailing thread discussions seem to redundant .. But there are tidbits of information from their detailing experiences that make my participation a lot of fun...
    -AND ESPECIALLY-

This forum is my "social media" and talking about detailing or sometimes detailing-unrelated topics is an outlet to communicate with like-minded detailing enthusiast and individuals...
    Heh heh, the above is so similar to my views that I could`ve posted it!
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just find that Autopia isn`t like how it was in the old days. I miss the days of high traffic and numerous detailing discussions per day. This used to be the detailing discussion destination.

But I guess mainstream social media outlets have stolen away traffic from here. I`m not one to ever have social media. Here and AGO are my social media. I just hope it doesn`t continue to decline here because there are some things mainstream social media can never replicate that a forum like this one has.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I too miss the high activity. It was entertaining at times and I learned a lot.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t detailed in years but I still come here and AG daily to learn about new products etc. I`ve no idea how I could have missed that Mike is leaving (or already gone?) AG. It saddens me a bit but in turn makes me happy for Mike. When you feel that you have accomplished all that you can then it`s time for change. I wish him only the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy here and AGO. Hope they remain, and some people are getting so sick of social media and the trolling that goes on their, maybe there will be another surge in traditional forums down the road. Or maybe not, but I’ll enjoy the quantity that does exist AND the ability to search tons of old threads for information that is still very relevant.
    Likes Oneheadlite, SNP209, Vegas1 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information