Thread: Superbowl

Post Thanks / Like

Superbowl

That had to go down as one of the most BORING superbowl`s i ever watched. Fell asleep most of the 4th quarter. I thought it would have been a lot closer. Wanted the CHIEFS to win, but that was a blowout.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Superbowl

Since it was the only NFL games I`ve watched all season, I found it rather entertaining since I didn`t have any favorites going into the game. I will admit to hoping it would be a more even battle between the two teams. The Chiefs seemed to have the upper hand with their defense early in the 1st quarter, but it didn`t last long.

The refs were really strict on holding an those penalties at the end of the 2nd quarter killed any momentum the Chiefs were trying to get going.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

A highlight for me:

"Pull up your pants, take off the bra and be a man!"

https://youtu.be/n5OmqA5t6lI

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs just played badly, dropped too many passes, their offensive line - well they played offensively for sure..
    Looks like one team really practiced, and the other team just thought they were going to be good enough and practiced their thumbs and not much else..
    And then they had a few idiots like nbr 32 who was a real tool, and cost them a touchdown they did not need to give away...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you watched the commercials, the Oatly "drink" CEO singing about his product has got to be THE WORST commercial ever! I would like to know what ad agency thought this was a great idea to spend $6M on a commercial like this and air it during a Super Bowl game. Had it been for some marijuana-derived milk product, I might understand. Maybe that is what is in Oat Milk AND the carton containers are made from hemp-based paper. Talk about a dopey commercial (pun intended!).
    Or this could be fodder for The American Dairy Association for "this is what happens when you drink something that is mislabeled as "milk"".

Should not laugh as plant-based foods and this Swedish-based company are doing very well market-wise. Apparently this oat-based product has a very good reputation for use in making "wholesome" lattes and Starbucks is buying it for that very reason. [He who laughs last laughs best (or as Captain Obvious says, "did not get the joke to begin with"!)]

As far as the game goes, I wonder what New England fans are thinking now or better yet, Mr Kraft. If Tom Brady is not the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T.) QB, who is?
    NFL MVPs are nice as far as individual accomplishments goes, but Super Bowl rings are proof of what your team really is and that is what football really is; a team sport. (Ask Aaron Rodgers which one he`d rather have)
    Mr. Brady has a lot of supporting cast, both on defense and offense. Free agents and cast-off from other teams, not to mention a supposedly washed-up coach.
    Kudos to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team, the Tampa Bay Lightning NHL hockey team, and the Tampa Bay Rays MLB baseball (doubled up, I know!) team.
    Just do NOT call Tampa Bay "Title Town"- that name is rightly owned by Green Bay, Wisconsin!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Well, if you watched the commercials, the Oatly "drink" CEO singing about his product has got to be THE WORST commercial ever! I would like to know what ad agency thought this was a great idea to spend $6M on a commercial like this and air it during a Super Bowl game. Had it been for some marijuana-derived milk product, I might understand. Maybe that is what is in Oat Milk AND the carton containers are made from hemp-based paper. Talk about a dopey commercial (pun intended!).
    Or this could be fodder for The American Dairy Association for "this is what happens when you drink something that is mislabeled as "milk"".

Should not laugh as plant-based foods and this Swedish-based company are doing very well market-wise. Apparently this oat-based product has a very good reputation for use in making "wholesome" lattes and Starbucks is buying it for that very reason. [He who laughs last laughs best (or as Captain Obvious says, "did not get the joke to begin with"!)]

As far as the game goes, I wonder what New England fans are thinking now or better yet, Mr Kraft. If Tom Brady is not the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T.) QB, who is?
    NFL MVPs are nice as far as individual accomplishments goes, but Super Bowl rings are proof of what your team really is and that is what football really is; a team sport. (Ask Aaron Rodgers which one he`d rather have)
    Mr. Brady has a lot of supporting cast, both on defense and offense. Free agents and cast-off from other teams, not to mention a supposedly washed-up coach.
    Kudos to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team, the Tampa Bay Lightning NHL hockey team, and the Tampa Bay Rays MLB baseball (doubled up, I know!) team.
    Just do NOT call Tampa Bay "Title Town"- that name is rightly owned by Green Bay, Wisconsin!
    Bad commercials make for great advertising as their memorable.... lot of people talking about bad Oatley commercial.

I would’ve never remembered maybe if commercial was OK/good. And if you dont remember the head on headache commercial nothing worse than that.

Currently the Floridians calling it “Champa” Bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think the GOAT argument is settled a lot of folks still ranked Joe Montana ahead of Brady but with Brady’s last performance I think he has an edge now plus he is 43 or 44. Brady has either made a deal with the devil or has some other secret sauce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Bad commercials make for great advertising as their memorable.... lot of people talking about bad Oatley commercial.
    From what I understand the whole idea of the Oatley add was for it to be rather cringe worthy and it ties into other social media marketing efforts
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    And just how do you figure that ?

Just askin`

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    And just how do you figure that ?

Just askin`
    That title of Title Town was given/earned during the 1960`s championship era of Vince Lombardi and Green Bay is referred to as "Title Town, USA".
    The area of economic development around Lambeau Field, and there is a lot of it happening with the help of the Green Bay Packer organization as I type, is call "The Title Town District".

There is also a question of who is "America`s Team", which many "assume" (wrongly, I might add) that it is the Dallas Cowboys. Let`s just say that is open for debate.
    The story goes that before the 1967 Championship game in Green Bay, Dallas Cowboy head coach Tom Landry tried to place a phone call from his office in Dallas to God to ask for His blessing before the game was played (these were the days of operator-assisted land-line phones). The operator told coach Landry it would be $5.00 charge for the long distance call to be placed. Landry was furious! "I was told that Coach Lombardi called God on the phone, and he was only charged a dime. Why am I being charged $5.00?" The operator replied," It`s a local call in Green Bay, coach!
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was LMAO off at the pictures of bombed Brady after the boat parade when he was back on land and needed someone to hold him up.

Thread Information