Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stimuls check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stimuls check

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Makin it rain TP! Stimuls checkStimuls check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told the UPS driver they ought to have him driving an armored truck while he was transporting such valuable packages. I felt like Jeff Bezos for just a minute when that delivery showed up. Seriously though, I`m just glad we were able to get it and even more glad that I`ve been able to help a few folks I know around here who haven`t been able to get to the stores before the shelves get cleared out.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is going to our local Meals on Wheels that provides daily meals to shut-in people that (among others) can`t take the risk of going out to the store during the pandemic.
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White
    Likes grisby, GearHead_1, John U, gordonjuan, BillE liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

While I personally do not like the idea of the large-scale expansion of the national debt, there is also the fact that many of my fellow Autopians and Americans live paycheck to paycheck and work two or even three part-time jobs to make ends meet and just survive financially. For many, those jobs are now shut down, as are the paychecks they provide. While $1,200 per income tax-paying person and $500 per child sounds like a lot, the reality is with the current the cost of living expenses, that money will not last very long.
    One thing that needs to be emphasized more than ever that those who do do become infected with COVID-19 and require hospitalization will face a serious financial cost to themselves that may impact them far beyond their recovery and should they be unable to meet that financial obligation, it will impact us all in terms of healthcare cost for some time to come. So while this stay-at-home/lock down/social distancing may be most inconvenient and economically stressful, it may be the one thing that you and I can do to prevent becoming infected with this virus and incurring not only a life-threatening health threat, but incurring a personal financial burden that may be difficult to overcome. You all know how "good" your heath-insurance is and the deductible that you must pay for hospitalization or even an Emergency Room visit. It is something to think about and the risks personally and financially that this pandemic poses.
    GB detailer
    Likes DAC17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I heard some checks were really slow going out. Some just got them last week! Read the remainder of them that are still waiting will be getting the $1200 on a debit card.

Also read rumor of a second round of stimuls money. But most likely will not happen.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Well, unfortunately im above the income threshold and havent gotten a dime. Probably wont on a round 2 either. Not saying i deserve anything but im a bit peeved that some are getting more from this and the unemployment benefits than if they were working, the wealthy get a huge tax break and i just get to keep paying taxes.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes gordonjuan, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Well, unfortunately im above the income threshold and havent gotten a dime. Probably wont on a round 2 either. Not saying i deserve anything but im a bit peeved that some are getting more from this and the unemployment benefits than if they were working, the wealthy get a huge tax break and i just get to keep paying taxes.
    From my understanding the stimulus money is a tax credit from next tax season, so if you don`t qualify for a physical check you should still get the credit when you do your taxes next year. I`m no expert on the matter, so I could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to see a small check in the mail Saturday. From ERIE car insurance. From ERIE: This check represents about 30% of premium for a two-month period or 5% of your annual premium for your policy in-force on April 1, 2020.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I “only” received $1200, we were supposed to get $2400 based on our income. There is no way to contact IRS to find out why. I found the link where you can check on your check and it says we both received our $1200. It’s strange. I don’t have to file income tax due to being disabled, but we had to file when my son started college, they insisted on my tax forms even though I showed them where I did not have to file tax forms. Online the IRS says if you do not receive a stimulus check and are owed one you can take $1200 of of your taxable income the next filing year, so my wife will get the credit next year.

My wife gave me the $1200 we received and I used it to have a pine tree removed in my back yard. I figured this was a good used of the money as it went to local tree cutting guys who are probably hurting due to lack of work, and I needed the tree removed.

It was a huge pine tree. If you have heard the saying “as high as a Georgia pine” you get the idea, lol. It was a 200 footer and took a whole crew over 16 hours of hard labor to remove the tree. It was kind of sad to see the tree go, but I just couldn’t keep up with the pine combs and pine straw that it dropped. Have no fear as I have three pines of the same size in my front yard that will remain.
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got our 2nd work related bonus this week. And final as far as I know. Small jester that was nice. Figure it will cover gas and groceries.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

The $600 hit my account today. Guess they are still pushing for $2000? Getting a small one from work this month too.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to some assistance on my Septic Drain field that needs repairing or worse replacing!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t touched the first one but with the recent one I`m ordering some branded hats for my business. It will be the first time since 2013 that I bought something for my little side business that wasn`t paid for by said business.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Tc99m liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information