Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So...how did this past weekend treat YOU?

Sorry to her Don and glad to here the damage is minimal.

Something very similar happend to me back in January. Women changed lanes into me. Then she told the police I was at fault. Simply because I was in her blind spot. Some people are just ignorant or stupid. Maybe even both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Sorry to her Don and glad to here the damage is minimal.

Something very similar happend to me back in January. Women changed lanes into me. Then she told the police I was at fault. Simply because I was in her blind spot. Some people are just ignorant or stupid. Maybe even both.

there`s definitely a lot more ignorance since they pulled driver`s education from schools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ShaneB- I`m also really glad you folks came through that OK, sure could`ve been a *LOT* worse! If you posted about it before I must`ve missed it...gee, that was quite a hit.
    Thanks

We definitely won that battle. A larger vehicle than a nissan versa and things would of been VERY different. Nobody sitting in the seat at the point of impact however every other seat was occupied. Got lucky there. My son got the worst (far back seat by driver side wheel) with a small bruise on his arm but that was it. No airbags deployed in our vehicle, 3 went off in theirs. I believe they hit us going about 35-40mph.

$11k in damage and a month later the van is back on the road. Crazy thing is... that door still opened/closed fully under its own power.

Seeing others posts... I got REALLY lucky I guess. We were stopped at a red light (first car), turned green and I started to go, by the time I noticed the white car out of the corner of my eye it was too late, I swerved to the right a split second before impact but it was unavoidable. It wasnt like they were trying to beat a yellow either, just blatantly ignored the red. Fortunately the 2 vehicles who were behind me pulled off and stayed until the police came and gave statements backing up my side of the story (we had the green light). The other driver tried to say they had the green but ultimately were given a ticket. Our car got fixed, theirs I`m sure was totaled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Thanks

We definitely won that battle. A larger vehicle than a nissan versa and things would of been VERY different. Nobody sitting in the seat at the point of impact however every other seat was occupied. Got lucky there. My son got the worst (far back seat by driver side wheel) with a small bruise on his arm but that was it. No airbags deployed in our vehicle, 3 went off in theirs. I believe they hit us going about 35-40mph.

$11k in damage and a month later the van is back on the road. Crazy thing is... that door still opened/closed fully under its own power.

Seeing others posts... I got REALLY lucky I guess. We were stopped at a red light (first car), turned green and I started to go, by the time I noticed the white car out of the corner of my eye it was too late, I swerved to the right a split second before impact but it was unavoidable. It wasnt like they were trying to beat a yellow either, just blatantly ignored the red. Fortunately the 2 vehicles who were behind me pulled off and stayed until the police came and gave statements backing up my side of the story (we had the green light). The other driver tried to say they had the green but ultimately were given a ticket. Our car got fixed, theirs I`m sure was totaled.

As much I regret the fact the modern vehicles have become very disposable, they have much more safe than their older counterparts. One could argue that increased safety comes at the expense of disposability, that van did a good job of protecting you guys. Being t-boned at 35 mph can is lethal for people in vehicles with poor safety ratings, and hospital inducing for people in vehicles with acceptable ratings.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

The front bumper cover has to be replaced and I`ve already told them NOT to mount the front plate, so now I`ll have a clean front end. As for the suspension ... preliminary measurements show NOTHING was damaged!! They have a new tire/rim on the way and will recheck once they`re mounted on the car, but they are 99% sure it will just need an alignment.

They gave an estimate of 2 weeks (think the 26th of this month) and a total bill of $3,750.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes ShaneB, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That’s not too bad all things considered. Great to hear it’s getting fixed. Does the fender need repainted too? You may get away with some extra clear coat to polish to perfection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    That’s not too bad all things considered. Great to hear it’s getting fixed. Does the fender need repainted too? You may get away with some extra clear coat to polish to perfection
    Fender, tire, rim, beauty ring, bumper cover and glass for the driver`s side mirror all need replaced.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Ah, that does sound OK overall...wonder why they`re doing just the glass on the sideview?

ShaneB- Gee, I`m a little surprised they didn`t total it what with $11k in damage. Glad it turned out OK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- Ah, that does sound OK overall...wonder why they`re doing just the glass on the sideview?

ShaneB- Gee, I`m a little surprised they didn`t total it what with $11k in damage. Glad it turned out OK!
    Because the the mirror wasn`t hit, the glass just popped out on impact
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Because the the mirror wasn`t hit, the glass just popped out on impact
    Ah, OK...that never even occurred to me but now I can imagine it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information