Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Investments?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Investments?

Companies who make Ozone machines. I would invest in that (after doing some homework) if I were you

Post Thanks / Like

Health-related investments might be a flash-in-pan opportunity. Remember that you want LONG-TERM gains, not short-term ones (due to the differing Capital Gains Tax rates). If it`s not gonna pay off at least 12 months from now I`d call it "Trading" rather than "Investing", and I don`t play that game. A year from now we may very well be over this whole Pandemic situation, at least with regard to impact on the Market, and profiting from a "V-shaped drop/rebound" is what I`d focus on.

There are indeed a lot of good investments that`re "on sale" now, but it`s still awfully early in this whole situation and I`m more about not making mistakes than finding big opportunities.

If somebody has debt (OK, other than a mortgage) maybe they oughta pay that off before doing any investing. Even with seemingly low/easy to handle rates, debt repayments that always happen can become a burden during downturns. Some think "that 5% rate is nothing, I`ll always make more than that and have the diff to spend!" but IME that`s, uhm...beyond optimistic. Personally, while I`ll use a HELOC since the house is otherwise paid for (and thus a huge investment sitting here not making any $ and we don`t have heirs to consider), I simply won`t go into any other kind of debt. Even with the HELOC, I won`t let its balance get higher than I can pay off if I really need to.
    Likes The Driver, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Health-related investments might be a flash-in-pan opportunity. Remember that you want LONG-TERM gains, not short-term ones (due to the differing Capital Gains Tax rates). If it`s not gonna pay off at least 12 months from now I`d call it "Trading" rather than "Investing", and I don`t play that game. A year from now we may very well be over this whole Pandemic situation, at least with regard to impact on the Market, and profiting from a "V-shaped drop/rebound" is what I`d focus on.

There are indeed a lot of good investments that`re "on sale" now, but it`s still awfully early in this whole situation and I`m more about not making mistakes than finding big opportunities.

If somebody has debt (OK, other than a mortgage) maybe they oughta pay that off before doing any investing. Even with seemingly low/easy to handle rates, debt repayments that always happen can become a burden during downturns. Some think "that 5% rate is nothing, I`ll always make more than that and have the diff to spend!" but IME that`s, uhm...beyond optimistic. Personally, while I`ll use a HELOC since the house is otherwise paid for (and thus a huge investment sitting here not making any $ and we don`t have heirs to consider), I simply won`t go into any other kind of debt. Even with the HELOC, I won`t let its balance get higher than I can pay off if I really need to.
    Well said. Investments?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information