Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Winter wash or lack there of ....

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post

So, dear reader, if you want to be a champion of waterless/rinseless washes, take your towel budget and double it, then add 50%. I go through 20 towels easy, sometimes 30 if I follow up with a QD or spray.
    Yes MANY towels a must. I still dont have enough and i have ALOT. Kinda addictive.... MF towels.

I have 2 large 3 medium and 8 16x16 still unopened PFM’s i got on the AG MF sale yet the gauntlet thread got my wanting to try some of the differnent twisted loops on the market even though I doubt any will perform better.

For rinseless Only N 914and Griots BS rinseless, I’m really liking Fenylab Pure rinseless for deep cleaning and road film on my coated car.

Ammo frothe and Ech20 as waterless although i really only use Ech20 mixed merlin stylefor A finishing wipe down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter wash or lack there of ....

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    ... and Ech20 as waterless although i really only use Ech20 mixed merlin stylefor A finishing wipe down.
    Yeah, I love Ech20. The look it leaves behind is as if you washed AND applied a QD. It`s great as a stand-alone QD too.

When my Uber runs out, I`m goona try that N 914. So many good things on here about it.

Post Thanks / Like

...[I basically RW/WW but when it`s really]...
    Dirty, visible dirt, mud, sand, poop, sap:
    I pressure rinse the car first at the U-Squirt-It. I just pay the minimum amount and rinse the panels and flood (Accumulator) the door jams and mirrors, etc. Then race home and do the procedure above..
    Glad to see I can nod my head in agreement regarding what a RW-using Detailer is doing For somebody who doesn`t let `em get too bad (well, not as awful as *I* do ) you`re obviously on the right track!

Post Thanks / Like

Winter wash or lack there of ....

Yeah, I love Ech20. The look it leaves behind is as if you washed AND applied a QD. It`s great as a stand-alone QD too.

When my Uber runs out, I`m goona try that N 914. So many good things on here about it.
    I like it better than uber but in actuality they’re work very similar but 914 leaves nothing behind. I think Uber feels more lubricious prolly because polymers left behind.

At first not impressed with 914 as doesn’t feel like anything special and didn’t make paint pop. Then after couple uses you realize it just cleans very well.

I also “top” my car a lot and if i want a waterless that adds shine im using ech20. I use 914 mainly as a rinseless but keep a waterless bottle in the car for light clean up and pird poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Lonnie,

Do you just wipe down out of the touchless or do you use a waterless?
    Sorry for taking so long to get back on this Coatings=crack.
    I wipe immediately right out of the touchless tunnel wash. My tunnel washes are at convenience store gas stations, so I just park the vehicle out of the way and wipe it down. Depending on the outside ambient temperature, I can wipe it off in about 5-7 minutes. If it is below 15°F, I do the windows first, then the door jams next, as that is where the excess water will begin freezing, then the hood, roof, and truck of the car. By then the excess water is pretty well frozen everywhere else. I have learned to wear thin leather gloves while wiping in cold weather. Otherwise, wet bare hands will suffer from the initial stage of frostbite and it hurts like the dickens when you go back inside a vehicle and try to thaw them out by the interior dash vents set to high.

I cannot stress how important it is to get excess water out from door and rear hatch/truck lid jams in sub-freezing weather to keep them from becoming stuck frozen shut. This is also one of the reasons many of you Autopians dress your door seals with protectant and wax/seal/coat the paint on jam areas on wither-driven vehicles to mitigate this freezing or or at least make it easier to open the door when it happens (like during a snowfall and after driving in it, you park the vehicle for a while, like going to work in the morning, where vehicle residual interior heat will melt the snow and allow it to drip into the door jam, only to freeze when the interior cools off to the ambient outside temperature. Those of you with remote starters in your vehicle are laughing...heated seats and the heater set to high and a toasty-warm vehicle to get into and drive... after you have cleared of ALL the snow from the windows, mirrors, headlights and tail-lights, right?? You are a safety "bear", Captain Obvious; you know that?!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    My Daily driver was coated with Kenzo 6/2019 and was looking amazing.

Due to time and weather I last washed it thanksgiving weekend. The rain has been doing an ok job of cleaning it up. Boy do I need a good rain tonight. It’s just filthy.

I’d rather have a dirty car than swirl it up with a less than Autopian wash. What are your thoughts.
    so hard to resist I wish could do this it’s smart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I’d rather have a dirty car than swirl it up with a less than Autopian wash. What are your thoughts.
    Taking that to a bit of an extreme I just washed the `93 Audi after [I won`t say how many months]. No problems at all, the FK1000P looks just-applied. Though I do think I`ll redo the UTTG+ on a few things that don`t really need it, just to stay ahead of the curve. Hey, it`s been nearly a year since I did anything but wash it,

And I`ll soon be washing the Tahoe after even longer! I haven`t redone its FK1000/etc. for well over a year but it still self-cleans just fine in the rain. I`m only washing it properly to remove the salt. The only things on it that look neglected are where I use SprayWaxes and Exterior Trim Slime (just the running boards with the latter).

OK..I do clean the wheels/tires on those when they need it But the rest of the vehicle simply rinses clean in the rain.

Hey, as long as nobody touches `em and causes some marring....(fingers crossed, lucky so far).

Post Thanks / Like

I rinse the car during the winter when I can, the body and especially underneath. Driving in the Adirondacks and New England we get salt, sand, sludge, cinder grits etc. Whatever I can get off with water.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I was last on this thread, I *finally* gave the Tahoe a proper wash, first in many months (I doubt anybody but we could notice though). Everything cleaned up just fine and/but I put another quick coat of the FK1000P on it just to stay ahead of the curve. I haven`t rewashed the `93 since that time in Feb., but it simply doesn`t need it as it hasn`t been rained on (I have done the wheels/tires/glass as needed).

STSInNYC- That`s *so* much better than not doing anything! I commend you on going through it, must be a chore to say the least.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information