Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 19,243 users online

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    There are often a few "Guests" lurking on the Health & Fitness thread. I kinda like that, hope somebody somewhere is getting something out of it.
    Hahahaha! That is awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    That is incredible! I can`t believe that many ppl want to sell me sunglasses!!

Keep up the good fight Liz!!!
    Thanks for your patience everyone! We are seeing guest counts back in the normal expected range and performance back to normal operations as well, so I believe we have the situation under control now. If anyone continues to experience errors or issues with loading the forum or logging in, please let me know. If you can`t get logged in here to send me a message, you can contact us through the usual customer service channels on the site.
    Likes Stokdgs, Coleroad, GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Tc99m, mc2hill, GearHead_1 thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Liz@Autopia View Post
    Thanks for your patience everyone! We are seeing guest counts back in the normal expected range and performance back to normal operations as well, so I believe we have the situation under control now. If anyone continues to experience errors or issues with loading the forum or logging in, please let me know. If you can`t get logged in here to send me a message, you can contact us through the usual customer service channels on the site.
    Thank you, Liz and Team !!!
    You all are the BEST !!!
    Dan F
    Likes Coleroad liked this post
    Thanks Liz@Autopia thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Same as Setec, I`m seeing database error messages over the past week (?).
    Well, that explains that error messages I`ve been getting recently. I thought it may have been something with Windows 7 operating system that I am still on
    When I saw this thread, I did not consider it important or relevant, but now it is!

Thanks for alerting the Admins to this "problem" and Liz, thanks for your due diligence in keeping this forum operational and functioning for all of us Autopians, members and (some, but not all!) "guests".

OK, so I will hi-jack this thread (Again, Captain Obvious? What else is new!) on a related note: Has anyone upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on their personal computer and if so, what was involved? It would seem that "older" computers may not be able to run Windows 10 due to its more elaborate programming that requires more RAM of memory and higher computational processor speeds, SO not only did Microsoft obsolete (more correctly not technically support) an old, but reliable, Windows computer operating system, they also obsoleted older computers. (You are a hypocrite, Captain Obvious. Were you not the one whose father said, "If you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta pay like the big dogs! Just sayin`...)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    OK, so I will hi-jack this thread (Again, Captain Obvious? What else is new!) on a related note: Has anyone upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on their personal computer and if so, what was involved? It would seem that "older" computers may not be able to run Windows 10 due to its more elaborate programming that requires more RAM of memory and higher computational processor speeds, SO not only did Microsoft obsolete (more correctly not technically support) an old, but reliable, Windows computer operating system, they also obsoleted older computers. (You are a hypocrite, Captain Obvious. Were you not the one who`s father said, "If you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta pay like the big dogs! Just sayin`...)
    We have two personal computers at my house, both Dells. One is an older very basic model (ie. minimal RAM) that came with Windows 7 out of the box as that was the latest and greatest version of Windows at the time of purchase. The other one is a bit newer with more RAM, better processor, bigger HD, etc. I don`t remember the exact specs off the top of my head but could find out for you. That newer one was purchased shortly after Windows 10 was first released, but I actually paid a little extra to get it with Windows 7 instead because I didn`t want to be a guinea pig at that time.

I did the Windows 10 upgrade on both machines about a month ago. The upgrade process was simple and straight forward on both machines, no hiccups and I was still able to get it for free. You just download from Microsoft and follow the prompts as it goes through the update process, no special skills required.

I will say that the older machine with minimal RAM is struggling a bit with Windows 10 as far as speed, but the newer machine with more RAM hasn`t had any noticeable problems. The older one is still perfectly usable for basic things like checking email, simple web browsing, social media use etc. but it definitely struggles more with larger or more resource intensive programs like for photo or video editing than it did with Windows 7.

Just my personal experience, your mileage may vary.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^Liz, thanks for your prompt reply.
    I did the SAME thing of paying extra for Windows 7 on a then new computer (2012?) when Windows 8 was having some "development" problems and the place I bought it from said I would be MUCH happier with it, plus being somewhat familiar with its graphic user-interface (GUI).
    One of the newest developments in hardware is Solid State Hard Drives (SS-HD), rather than the older Mechanical Hard Drives for data storage. I was told (because I do not have one) they are SOOOO much faster on start-up than the old MHDs, but the trade-off is MUCH smaller byte storage capacity. I asked why and the computer salesperson said because everyone is using Cloud Storage these days. I HATE the idea of having my personal data that I want to keep archived and retrieved at will stored off-site on someone else`s God-knows-where server. It is the day and age we live in. As they say ,"Get with the times."
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Well, that explains that error messages I`ve been getting recently. I thought it may have been something with Windows 7 operating system that I am still on
    When I saw this thread, I did not consider it important or relevant, but now it is!

Thanks for alerting the Admins to this "problem" and Liz, thanks for your due diligence in keeping this forum operational and functioning for all of us Autopians, members and (some, but not all!) "guests".

OK, so I will hi-jack this thread (Again, Captain Obvious? What else is new!) on a related note: Has anyone upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on their personal computer and if so, what was involved? It would seem that "older" computers may not be able to run Windows 10 due to its more elaborate programming that requires more RAM of memory and higher computational processor speeds, SO not only did Microsoft obsolete (more correctly not technically support) an old, but reliable, Windows computer operating system, they also obsoleted older computers. (You are a hypocrite, Captain Obvious. Were you not the one whose father said, "If you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta pay like the big dogs! Just sayin`...)

fyi. If you see a thread made by me, the wise move will always be to read it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information