Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PSA -Stay on Top of your Health

Called cardiologist today. Getting scheduled for the ct calcium test.

Keep you all posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ancient_1- To this layman it sounds like you`re not in immediate peril, but what do I know?!?

Well, one thing I *do* know is that your Doc, and/or his people, need to do a far better job of communicating with you. I`m a fan of not leaving the office without a complete understanding of *everything*. You shouldn`t have a single Q when you leave, just answers.
    As for the results of the CT I am sure I just got a call that said all was well since I didn`t see my DR for almost 9 months after (09/11/19 CT done 01/24/19).

Since the Sept appointment I have had quite a few different tests with a couple with the cardio people in a couple weeks (CARDIOLOGY ECHO and CARDIOLOGY EP). I also had a month with a Holter monitor. I will say once you have had a heart attack they do treat certain thing quite seriously.

I believe that there are other factors as the cause of my problems with the main one being dizziness with light physical strain mainly just a brisk walk or getting out of bed or the shower but not heavy things like carrying 50# bags of salt to the basement softener or doing the driveway after a the few snowfalls we`ve had this year.

A few months ago I had a cardio nuclear test done what showed no real problems but also said I didn`t complete it because they could not get my heart rate high enough. I have bad knees and could barely walk fast enough on the treadmill and even with the regadenoson infusion it only got to 104.
    His
    resting heart rate was 54 beats per minute and rose to a maximum heart rate of 104 beats per minute with stress. Resting blood
    pressure 110/62 mmHg increased to 138/52 mmHg with stress.
    Resting ECG shows a sinus bradycardia at 51 beats per minute, a
    first-degree AV block and a prior inferior infarction.
    In a couple weeks I will have few questions for them with the cardio ep consult.

Post Thanks / Like

Ancient_1- Your knee issues aren`t helping any, huh? What might you be able to do there? I mean, that must make it hard to exercise your lower body, can turn into a vicious circle.

Interesting about your Max HR...but different people are, well..different. Your Resting HR is good at least

Hope you`re able to get to the bottom of whatever`s going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, if I may...I know most of this conversation is about cardio issues, BUT DO TALK to your health provider concerning your chances of having a stroke!

I had a mild (but very debilitating) stroke last March. Granted I am in my late 70`s, but I sure as **&$ didn`t see it coming!

Bill
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information