Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Health & Fitness Thread

jrock645- Gee, that sounds like Gourmet Fare to me!

What did you want to tweak compared to what you were doing pre-wedding? I thought you were really happy with your results from that..I`m thinking how you got clothes altered/etc.

Guess this came to mind as I`m finally wearing out my khakis from the `90s...just the first signs of fraying in places and a bit of fading..and will soon get the replacements altered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    jrock645- Gee, that sounds like Gourmet Fare to me!

What did you want to tweak compared to what you were doing pre-wedding? I thought you were really happy with your results from that..I`m thinking how you got clothes altered/etc.

Guess this came to mind as I`m finally wearing out my khakis from the `90s...just the first signs of fraying in places and a bit of fading..and will soon get the replacements altered.
    Just wanted to optimize everything. I made progress leading up to the wedding but still couldn’t get as lean as I wanted. And the result/effort ratio was just not where it should have been.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Just wanted to optimize everything. I made progress leading up to the wedding but still couldn’t get as lean as I wanted. And the result/effort ratio was just not where it should have been.
    I guess I`d thought the TRT would take care of that. I bet your wife likes the new diet better though, huh?

I still wonder how many people stay full-keto indefinitely, like...for decades.

Heh heh, it occurs to me that my wife and I very seldom eat the exact same things for the meals we have together (usually just dinner). Even if the meat/fish/poultry is the same, for the rest of it we eat different things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I guess I`d thought the TRT would take care of that. I bet your wife likes the new diet better though, huh?

I still wonder how many people stay full-keto indefinitely, like...for decades.

Heh heh, it occurs to me that my wife and I very seldom eat the exact same things for the meals we have together (usually just dinner). Even if the meat/fish/poultry is the same, for the rest of it we eat different things.
    me and my wife are about the same. Glad to know it’s not that weird. She does her thing, I do mine.

And yeah, the trt is fixing a lot. But I’m determined to look like an underwear model. As an update, I lost 9lbs this past week eating more calories than I was before. Astonishing. And no cardio!

As for keto, I actually do think keto makes a ton of sense for sedentary people that don’t exercise and for people with certain health conditions. I just really don’t think it’s optimal at all for an athlete. And if you’re trying to eat pizza or whatever on the weekends but still be keto, you’re wasting your time. Same goes for all these keto muffins and whatnot. He commercialization of keto is ruining it and has many people on a seriously misguided effort.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    me and my wife are about the same. Glad to know it’s not that weird. She does her thing, I do mine...
    Yeah, Accumulatorette and I often have different stuff...she cooks hers, I cook mine.
    And yeah, the trt is fixing a lot. But I’m determined to look like an underwear model. As an update, I lost 9lbs this past week eating more calories than I was before. Astonishing. And no cardio!
    Gee, that`s really something! I`m so glad to hear that you`re responding so well.

I hear you on the "underwear model", that`s the kind of goal I set for my abs/etc. too, while still eating whatever I want. Even though I`m old enough to be the grandpa of the people in those ads

As for keto, I actually do think keto makes a ton of sense for sedentary people that don’t exercise and for people with certain health conditions. I just really don’t think it’s optimal at all for an athlete. And if you’re trying to eat pizza or whatever on the weekends but still be keto, you’re wasting your time. Same goes for all these keto muffins and whatnot. He commercialization of keto is ruining it and has many people on a seriously misguided effort.
    I`m willing to say "OK whatever works for ya" regarding Keto, but yeah...and heh heh, IMO most people`s whole approach to diet/exercise is a seriously misguided effort

Speaking of eating [crap] on weekends.. ..I`m still getting away with it OK. Sure not recommending that others try it, but it`s part of my "do this forever" approach; I`m not denying myself things that I really like unless I have a very good reason to. Those 3-4 meals/week equate to thousands of the wrong calories, but I`m confident they won`t matter and so far they haven`t.

Thread Information