It`s that time of year again (already)!

These H&F threads generally turn into exchanges between just jrock645 and me, but Bill D has been chiming in and he`s one seriously dedicated walker. Maybe this will be the year when more Autopians start prioritizing fitness. (Heh heh, yeah...JustJesus, I`m talkin` to you ).

More and more people I know IRL are now using *walkers*...they`re otherwise healthy (with regard to the Big Game Changers that commonly kill people off) but their latter years are utterly compromised by physical weakness that could`ve been completely avoided. A few years ago they would`ve scoffed at the suggestion that they`d be unable to walk around normally, but there you have it

I`m still a bit behind schedule on my "Best Shape at 60" goal, but I did set the bar awfully high considering I`m doing a "just normal daily life" approach as opposed to a version of Serious Contest Prep (which doesn`t appeal to me, and I don`t consider it sustainable long-term anyhow). We`ll see how I do this year..."behind" or not, 2019 went well (another eye rebuild not withstanding ).

I`m definitely *NOT* pleased that replacing the StairMaster`s Pedal Return Springs has made it easier! As they wore out over the last few decades I had to work harder and I`d wondered whether it was age catching up to me after all, but now that I`ve fitted the new ones...nah, the machine had simply gotten more demanding as it wore out, wasn`t "helping" as much on the upward part of the movement (which made it easy to get a good effective workout in with just a few minutes of effort; I loved the efficiency of that).

Wish I could wave a Magic Wand and create some pieces of exercise equipment I`d like to be using rather than improvising the way I am now, but at least I`m on the right track with regard to exploiting the Lengthening Principle whereby most, but not all (sorry Arthur Jones..), muscles are weaker when they`re stretched/"long" and get stronger as they contract/"get shorter". Heh heh, there might be a potential Shark Tank Project there!