Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Health & Fitness Thread

As I just posted on the COVID-15 Thread, the imposed behavioral changes are already paying off for me in that not having those Denny`s Bfasts is making a diff. Kinda wish it weren`t so, but there I have it. Not that I plan to give `em up once this is over!

Post Thanks / Like

I would just like if I don’t fluctuate back and forth with the weight.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you can just pick up/ get your Denny’s breakfasts delivered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Maybe you can just pick up/ get your Denny’s breakfasts delivered.
    No way! It`s about the whole Experience for me, not just the food, and/but the real reason is that I fear it might forever ruin the whole thing for me.

If they wait a couple of minutes too long to bring it to my table it needs redone and it`d take me that long to leave the parking lot. By the time I got to the first traffic light, it`d all be dogfood. And then I`d forever think of that when I ate there.

My wife and I used to *LOVE* a local bar`s Fish dinners..ate `em for *years*. One take-out order cured us of ever touching that [stuff] again..the coagulated grease alone was just...gross. I`d be really bummed out if that happened with the Denny`s. A rare case of my going with "ignorance is bliss".

Hey, it`s one of three unhealthy meals I eat weekly, and given that I eat at least 5 times/day that`s OK with me. For now, at least.

But sheesh..just the *tip* is enough to eat a bunch of healthy Bfasts! I do feel for my waitresses though..telling myself that they`re not buying as many cigarettes these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I understand.

I wish my handyman would cut back on the cigs, but he’s not, even in these times.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish my handyman would cut back on the cigs, but he’s not, even in these times.
    When somebody you rely upon does seriously unhealthy things...yeah, worrisome. Few men seem to survive heavy smoking, although I`ve known some women who did (and/but more who sure didn`t).

What always gets me is when people are actually suffering consequences of [unhealthy choices] but don`t change their ways...had the cigs actually (noticeably) affected my Cardio performance or somesuch I doubt I would`ve kept smoking for so long.

Post Thanks / Like

My grandmother,who is 97, quit chain smoking after about 50 years. I think she got scared once her sisters succumbed to it. She does fine now and breathes very well. She’s quite the lucky one

I have to see my handyman today. Hopefully he’ll permanently fix a dead bolt that is acting up. I wonder if he’s going to have to take it apart and Dremel by the strike plate.

Post Thanks / Like

My near-unbelievable decreases in Exercise Frequency paid off again

I went *34 days* between Airdyne Cardio sessions, and had my best one yet as an apparent result, even though I still had a *touch* of DOMS from last week`s Upper Leg Day. I still just did the same three 20:10 Intervals for the Hard part, but the Work portions went noticeably better and I was OK enough at the end of `em that I could just segue right into the cooldown. Far cry from when a less-swell performance resulted in my being absolutely trashed.

Not that I plan to go that long regularly...but once/month is gonna be enough Air for me! I was actually *almost* looking forward to it after that long, didn`t have the usual sense of dread (which probably helped a lot).

Post Thanks / Like

My grandmother,who is 97, quit chain smoking after about 50 years. I think she got scared once her sisters succumbed to it. She does fine now and breathes very well. She’s quite the lucky one..
    Glad to hear that, especially that she`s still doing well at 97.

I have to see my handyman today. Hopefully he’ll permanently fix a dead bolt that is acting up. I wonder if he’s going to have to take it apart and
    Dremel by the strike plate.
    Yikes, when I read "Dremel" as a verb...

Though as we`ve discussed before, I`m pretty confident about DIYing the use of Rotary Tools on things (I`d take that Cadillac wheelcover and... [INSERT movie-villain laughter] ) ... I`m trying to picture what about a deadbolt might require that..

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll PM you as to not get too OT here

Post Thanks / Like

I`m closing in on Bill D-=level walking with my pre-Bfast inclined Treadmill hikes Got 3.92mi in 60 minutes (which is as long as I plan to spend on it).

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds real good! That’s about how long it takes me to go in a real world walk although now I’m doing 4.5 to 5 miles since my route has changed

Post Thanks / Like

So how are at-home workouts going for those who usually go to a gym?

I`m a bit surprised how much I`m benefiting from not having those Denny`s Bfasts Four weeks without any and I`m discernibly leaner and there`s no denying that I feel a bit better even though I sure felt great before. No, I don`t plan to stay off `em after this Virus is sorted out, but gee...just not eating a waffle with syrup (I don`t think the ham/eggs are a biggie and I`m still sure eating a *LOT*) for a little while made such a diff! Well, it *is* one of just three sub-optimal meals/week for me, so %-wise that`s pretty significant...but still.

It`s like when I quit [doing/eating other unhealthy things] that most people do every day and that I never felt were detrimental...didn`t realize that they *were* detrimental until I`d gone a while without `em. Note-to-self...

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- That`s still impressive to me for IRW walking...I dunno if I`d do so much at ~4.2mph that way. With the Tread it`s different for me..keep up or fall off That`s the same as with the StairMaster, but *NOT* the case with the AirDyne, which is part of why that one is so tough for me.

I`ll say that 4.2 at max incline is a bit of work, especially when I do the pump-arms thing (even without handweights).

EDIT: and I couldn`t do it while my legs are recovering from RT, that`s for sure! I can do it OK after my "real Cardio", but not when I`m feeling muscle soreness.

Post Thanks / Like

I find *your* regimen impressive! I didn’t walk today but pushed my lawnmower for 35 mins. At least that’s something. Tomorrow I walk again

Do you do your regimen every day?

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information