Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Health & Fitness Thread

Bill D- Ya know...seriously..you`re doing so much more than most people (just by eating/drinking sensibly and doing all that walking), and so much *less* when it comes to detrimental stuff (avoiding sugar), that your not looking age-typical doesn`t surprise me in the least. Now... if I could just get you to do some kind of Resistance Training

Post Thanks / Like

He he. Maybe you can become my personal trainer!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    He he. Maybe you can become my personal trainer!
    Virtual version

It`s not all that tough to make a huge diff without going off the deep end. Just bodyweight stuff is a gazillion times better than nothing. IMO people overestimate what needs to be done for it to register and underestimate what it takes to go beyond the basics. Per usual, I put the emphasis on mindset and Critical Thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Well since the beach is closed I can’t walk my usual route so I tack on another mile when I walk now. I’m up to 5 miles. I did it this morning. I don’t feel a thing from the extra mile.

Post Thanks / Like

Well since the beach is closed I can’t walk my usual route so I tack on another mile when I walk now. I’m up to 5 miles. I did it this morning. I don’t feel a thing from the extra mile.
    Ah, I like the way you`re finding ways to work around no access to the beach. I bet it`s far less demanding when you don`t walk on sand, and I wonder what you might do to up the Intensity (as opposed to increasing the Volume) since you didn`t feel a diff from that +25%.

Heh heh, I can`t help but quip that if you found a way to do most of that at a steep incline you might indeed feel it when you add some more time/distance But you`re *outside* instead of doing it down in my basement and that`s got a lot going for it too!

I do wonder what you`d think of the Heavy Hands approach to walking...done *correctly* it`s not as easy as one might think. Just pumping my *unloaded* hands during my steepest incline work absolutely makes a diff. It sure worked great for ol` Len Schwartz! Yes indeed, I`m still trying to find some way to insert some Resistance Training into your regimen Don`t want you to lose Fast-twitch Muscle Fibers!

Post Thanks / Like

I can research the Heavy Hands approach and try it out. For the meantime though, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing until the beach opens again one day.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll keep doing what I’m doing until the beach opens again one day.
    I don`t blame you and I think it`s great that you have a good area for walking.

*Is* it a lot easier not walking on the beach? Sand can really be a factor!

Post Thanks / Like

Sand can be a challenge for sure. I try to walk in the areas that are more level but some days/weeks there simply are none due to the tides and such. I still enjoy it though. Worst part about it is getting sand in your shoes which is no big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst part about it is getting sand in your shoes which is no big deal.
    Heh heh, your "no big deal" = dedication (and the right mindset) on your part...drove me *NUTS*.

Post Thanks / Like

2020 Health & Fitness Thread

I’m used to it all my life from the Jersey Shore as well. Cannot enter indoors with those shoes. Gotta hose them down and set them out to dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m used to it all my life from the Jersey Shore as well. Cannot enter indoors with those shoes. Gotta hose them down and set them out to dry.
    Oh yeah...forgot about that Jersey Factor!

Heh heh...I don`t think I *have* shoes that I could "hose down", at least not with regard to their insides. Can you tell I`m not a beach-goer

Post Thanks / Like

All your Allen Edmonds are too good!

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- That`s for sure! And even my more-casual shoes would suffer from that...even my *athletic* shoes!

Requiring "B" width severely limits my options in footwear.

Oh, and I find it interesting that you wear both Bill`s and Ralph! (This gets us back to H & F-related topics too ) With my build the Bill`s (M1..too baggy to look right in some areas, and M2..OK as long as I buy large and have `em altered) are currently the *only* ready-made pants I can wear, and nothing I`ve ever tried from Ralph came close to fitting me (not even their Purple Label stuff..pricey for OTR!!). Wondering how you can wear stuff from both..

(And yes, I still knee-jerk against wearing Ralph`s stuff even though I 1) appreciate its quality and 2) esteem him *so* highly. Just a, uhm...generational thing I guess. That is *NOT* to say I pass any negative/critical judgment on anybody *else* who wears it, quite the opposite! It`s uhm...all about me )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Wondering how you can wear stuff from both..
    Ive been wearing Ralph fo so long that the way his clothes fit me have become my standard. However, when it comes to pants/shorts my true size is actually hard to find. Bill’s has it and when I saw those shorts for $15, I pounced on them. I’ll gladly buy more Bill’s if I need more pants that fit precisely although that’s gonna be a LONG time from now. My closet is overflowing as it is.

Oh, stepped on the scale this morning and looks like I lost 3 pounds. Maybe I’ll need new pants faster than I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Ah, OK..we hard-to-fit people have to grab what works for us. Gee, *$15* for those shorts! That`s simply giving them away.

I hope those 3 lbs. are the right kind of weight to lose People over ~30 who don`t do Resistance Training can shed that much muscle in no time. (Yes indeed, Mr. Broken Record again )

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information