Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tbt

Post Thanks / Like

Tbt

Tin of Rain Dance, couple of beach towels `borrowed` from the linen closet, head on up to the park on weekend afternoon.

Armour All for the Goodrich Radial T/A white letter tires.

Get it waxed (in direct sunlight), cruise the long way home w the V8 singin` thru the Thrush or Cherry Bomb glasspak. Air cleaner lid on top of the 4-barrel flipped for that `intake sound`.

`77 Cutlass Supreme, windows tinted so dark hadda roll `em down when turning at night. Console with floor shifter `cuz `race car`, catalytic converter replaced w `test pipe` and fuel filler neck punched out so could run `regular` leaded gas @ $1.15/gallon.

Led Zeppelin `Kashmir` likely coming outta the Jensen Triax 6x9 speakers.

When `fast` was a sub-16 second 1/4 mile. Tbt
    Likes grungy, SWETM, GearHead_1, re-tired, Coleroad and 6 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tbt

seems like forever ago
    i use to use armor all buy the gallon literally
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Naw. Car was slower than that. You didn`t have Gabriel Hi-Jackers on in the back. And no Radio Shack power booster with 73% THD to run the Triax`s??

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, a kid around the corner from me with a Grand Prix taught me the air cleaner lid trick.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    Naw. Car was slower than that. You didn`t have Gabriel Hi-Jackers on in the back. And no Radio Shack power booster with 73% THD to run the Triax`s??
    Never said *this* car was fast...it was a pig ! Never bothered w/ the air-shocks thing but many had cars with the `badge of performance` air shock fill valve poking out near the license plate.

In one of my other cars back then had the AudioVox Equalizer/Booster pushing the store-bought-cassette tunes to the Jensen Triax`s. It was pointless, just crappy quality music playing louder.

Kinda funny how everyone looks back on the muscle-car era as being a high point in performance but even one of the big dogs of the era (1970 Chevelle LS6) was a mid-13`s car, something you can likely get close to with a new Honda Accord Sport.
    Likes SWETM, yamabob, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha ha, a kid around the corner from me with a Grand Prix taught me the air cleaner lid trick.
    And now people spend a couple of hundred $`s for a `performance air intake` that essentially does the same thing...neat sounds with no real gain.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Kinda funny how everyone looks back on the muscle-car era as being a high point in performance but even one of the big dogs of the era (1970 Chevelle LS6) was a mid-13`s car, something you can likely get close to with a new Honda Accord Sport.
    And can go around the corner without squealing the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhh memories!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

AudioVox. Holy crap I forgot all about them. Had one in 79 I think.
    I remember mom having a mobile detailer( yep in the mid seventies) go to her work and wash the car and hot wax Simoniz it. Funny thing is the car did look better.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, IME Rain Dance wasn`t bad at all. My aunt Irene kept her MOPAR really nice with it after the M07 + M16 got to be too demanding.

And I used plenty of AA, including V1.0, with zero issues whatsoever; it did *NOT* trash the surfaces I used it on the way people said.

Just sayin`....

Also, since BudgetPlan1 mentioned the console-shifter, that`s still an apparently common modification (won`t call it an "upgrade"). Guys with Crown Vics are always swapping in shifters from Marauders and CV Sports to replace the one on the column, although I *VASTLY* prefer that over a console/floor one (wouldn`t *OWN* a CV with one of those and it`s one more reason I won`t have a Marauder).

Heh heh, and window tint so dark you can`t really see through it; mine`s borderline that-dark, and I always wonder about other people with it.."can he see me?" Heaven help ya if you get in a wreck at night with aftermarket tint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    I remember mom having a mobile detailer( yep in the mid seventies) go to her work and wash the car and hot wax Simoniz it. Funny thing is the car did look better.
    According to my mother, the only real downside to Simoniz was that it was such a PIA to buff off; that`s why she and Irene preferred M16 once it came out in the `50s.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    That. Ask the people who actually owned `em when they were new...although "rose-colored rearview" seems to factor in with the passage of time.

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired
    i use to use armor all buy the gallon literally
    I`m still using up the last gallon my dad bought, and that was before I got him using supposedly better stuff in the late `80s. Quite the shelf-life, still works the same.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m still using up the last gallon my dad bought, and that was before I got him using supposedly better stuff in the late `80s. Quite the shelf-life, still works the same.
    whoa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That. Ask the people who actually owned `em when they were new...although "rose-colored rearview" seems to factor in with the passage of time.

I still have about a half gallon myself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information